Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

masonsturbos

Yeah I didn't have any problems reusing the fire ring or oil drain gasket. If you're worried you could use some rtv on the oil drain before assembling. Like I said- the only problem I've heard/experienced was the coolant plugs which Chris and Tony are working to solve together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Masonsturbos do you have a picture of the coolant plugs that need to be swapped from stock turbo? Are they just additional pipe plugs in housing for some reason??? Thanks!

masonsturbos

They are exactly that, they are pipe plugs on the opposite side of the coolant lines.

masonsturbos

Preliminary Results - (not finished yet)

FORUM NAME: Masonsturbos
TURBO: PumaSpeed x-47
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES:
FUEL: 93 Octane
DYNO OR V-DYNO: V-Dyno
TUNER:
RESULTS : 280whp / 295wtq (2 runs averaged)

Just the last revision I'm getting in tonight. Went from 230 to 280 lol:)

Nice!! Boost profile looks nice even with the 11psi spring. What did you end up preloading the IWG at? In the end how much MAF (lbm/min) were you seeing? I actually have the X47 on order with the 11psi and looking forward to its arrival. Thanks for all your updates.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Nice!! Boost profile looks nice even with the 11psi spring. What did you end up preloading the IWG at? In the end how much MAF (lbm/min) were you seeing? I actually have the X47 on order with the 11psi and looking forward to its arrival. Thanks for all your updates.
Why 11psi over the 17psi offering?
I'm not entirely sure why one choice is preferred to the other.

Me neither. It just seems like 17 was the popular option at least in this forum but I never fully understood. I'm personally choosing 11 just In case I ever want to just run wastegate pressure of 11psi. It seems you can still achieve and hold a nice boost profile all the way to redline with the 11. Again not sure what the advantage is to running the 17.

Ish

Thats just the spring rate that was being used for the x37 and cyborgs to hold higher boost pressure at high rpms. Seems like the x47 doesnt need that 17psi spring tho.

I believe he preloaded it at 1mm.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
My thoughts are that if there the 11psi is maxed out or near to it, why not go with the 17psi? It would seem that it simply offers a wider operating range with no potential downside.

What is everyone's dump valve preference? Most go away from stock? I'd like to keep sorta quiet and am considering the plumb back option but don't know if stock would also work (and save me a few bucks).

masonsturbos

Mine is preloaded at about 1mm, wastegate is only at 55%wgdc.
I'm also on stock dv that is just unplugged- as you see, it holds 25psi fine.
I'm around 31 lb/min
I got the 11psi spring as that is what Chris and Tony wanted to test since that is what they tested overseas with.
Still have some work to go but so far not too shabby

Ish

My thoughts are that if there the 11psi is maxed out or near to it, why not go with the 17psi? It would seem that it simply offers a wider operating range with no potential downside.

What is everyone's dump valve preference? Most go away from stock? I'd like to keep sorta quiet and am considering the plumb back option but don't know if stock would also work (and save me a few bucks).
Im running a 17psi spring but it seems to me the x47 can run a lower spring rate with the same results. Im on the gfb v+ adapter for the stock diverter valve. Bought it off whooshmotorsports for 120.

Quick update- I finished my meth and 91oct tune and started my e30+meth yesterday. My e30+meth is showing 20whp over my e30 results..

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #275
Quick update- I finished my meth and 91oct tune and started my e30+meth yesterday. My e30+meth is showing 20whp over my e30 results..
Hey thanks for the update Ish...

So how does AFR's look with the meth? And that's impressive to hear since your e30 peak was 288whp so that places you around 308whp????

Also eager to see plots [poke]

Ish

Hey thanks for the update Ish...

So how does AFR's look with the meth? And that's impressive to hear since your e30 peak was 288whp so that places you around 308whp????

Also eager to see plots [poke]
Very even lol. My 91oct+meth is showing 280whp-285whp. My e30+meth is showing 308whp. Were turning up the pump as we go so I think it has a little bit more in it.

I guess it depends on the strategy used to tune it. I wouldn't say the 17 has a wider operating range. For example you floor it in 1st gear and even at 0% WGDC you will create close to 17psi and probably spin the heck out of the tires with the 17#. Now if you had an 11# spring you could be creative and actually dial in lower boost settings for the first couple gears and then bring in the higher WGDC % to create high boost to redline in middle gears. If the 11# spring is doing the job I'd rather have that option to dial in lower boost setting where it makes sense.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I guess it depends on the strategy used to tune it. I wouldn't say the 17 has a wider operating range. For example you floor it in 1st gear and even at 0% WGDC you will create close to 17psi and probably spin the heck out of the tires with the 17#. Now if you had an 11# spring you could be creative and actually dial in lower boost settings for the first couple gears and then bring in the higher WGDC % to create high boost to redline in middle gears. If the 11# spring is doing the job I'd rather have that option to dial in lower boost setting where it makes sense.
Thanks for the insight.

For my own clarification, you're thoughts are that the 11psi spring will be easier to work with in order to minimize wheel spin in the first couple gears and yet still allowing for full flow when full throttle is achieved in a higher gear?