Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

LILIKE16ST

What kind of tires are you guys running with the x-47 and how is your traction. My boss is going to buy me any set of wheels and tires I want along with a LSD but I dont know what to get. I have a set of wheels and tire for winter and a set for summer so these will just be for street racing and the drag strip.
If I was in your shoes I would consider 15x8 1.2 from team dynamics with 225 bfg rivals on them that should make you hook and handle decent assuming you're still 4x108

Based

Are there any dyno charts of the x47 plus compared to the x47? Like how is the lag, power increase, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

What kind of tires are you guys running with the x-47 and how is your traction. My boss is going to buy me any set of wheels and tires I want along with a LSD but I dont know what to get. I have a set of wheels and tire for winter and a set for summer so these will just be for street racing and the drag strip.
I RE read your post and since your boss is going to buy you any set you want (lucky you) I'd consider some 16x8 versions of the te37 wheels from volk racing assuming they do them or will do them in 4x108 or you could just redrill while you're spending might as well lol. They are super strong and very light weight and IMO some of the best looking wheels you can put on a fiesta st (if you're not familiar with them the rota grid are styled after them they are 6 spoke)

What is recommended when swapping the turbo with an X47? Which new gaskets, bolts etc? Thanks!

Based

Has anyone in this thread gotten into the 12s with their x47?

LILIKE16ST

Has anyone in this thread gotten into the 12s with their x47?

I've read where someone got 12s on an x27. The only reason people are getting 13s with x47 is traction related. Most are trapping we over 100 some close to 110 depending on weather and altitude etc so it's easily capable of 12s with some traction. People with weight reducted gutted cars have hit 13.3 at I think 102 on stock turbo. I think with similar weight reduction and slicks on e30 low to mid 12s are possible but that's just me

I've heard of 2 in the UK to break into the 12s. Pumaspeed did a 12.9 and Laird did a 12.8 @ 113 not sure on tires being used.

I am hoping to break into the 12's this fall once I get everything squared away with Puma. All I need is aux fuel from stratified which is in the works. I have had sticky tires sitting in the basement all spring waiting and keeping warm

So I am half way through tuning with alex on e30 and aux fuel. Yesterday I got a revision and did a v dyno. I made 314 HP and 277 tq, not done tuning and there is still more left. It felt awesome!

Based

So I am half way through tuning with alex on e30 and aux fuel. Yesterday I got a revision and did a v dyno. I made 314 HP and 277 tq, not done tuning and there is still more left. It felt awesome!
Wow jealous of the e30!

Interesting. Any dyno/vdyno without aux fuel? Hp seems good but tq lower?

The best I could do on 93 280 hp on the v dyno. I agree the tq is a little low but you should see the graph. How do you get pics on here?

Based

The best I could do on 93 280 hp on the v dyno. I agree the tq is a little low but you should see the graph. How do you get pics on here?
So a 30 hp gain from e30 and aux fuel? That's nice

LILIKE16ST

Nice numbers usually the hp is close to the same as torque if not less with these kinda different I guess how you got 314 and 277. Of course this is vdyno be nice to see real dyno numbers once tuning is finished. When I eventually land an x47 I will probably tune for both e30 and 93 and run 93 alot of the time where mine is a daily and the closest e85 to me is like 40+ miles away. If I could land 280 whp or better on straight 93 pump I'd be more than satisfied. I am down to around 2600 lbs now weight the weight reduction I've done and plan to end up in the sub 2550 range with all stock seats in place and factory stereo ac and all creature comforts (like I said it's my daily). 280 whp at 2550 lbs or less is a pretty healthy power to weight ratio. This little thing would be an absolute weapon with just minor suspension work on back roads

Based

Nice numbers usually the hp is close to the same as torque if not less with these kinda different I guess how you got 314 and 277. Of course this is vdyno be nice to see real dyno numbers once tuning is finished. When I eventually land an x47 I will probably tune for both e30 and 93 and run 93 alot of the time where mine is a daily and the closest e85 to me is like 40+ miles away. If I could land 280 whp or better on straight 93 pump I'd be more than satisfied. I am down to around 2600 lbs now weight the weight reduction I've done and plan to end up in the sub 2550 range with all stock seats in place and factory stereo ac and all creature comforts (like I said it's my daily). 280 whp at 2550 lbs or less is a pretty healthy power to weight ratio. This little thing would be an absolute weapon with just minor suspension work on back roads
Can you message me your weight reduction mods?

My tuner/installer (Panda) suggested that the FiST maxes out at 275ish on 93 (based on Fuel)... and just below 300 on E30 (same consideration)....

The tq is a little low but I am ok with it. I had my car on a real dyno with the stock turbo and full bolt ons running e30 and made 219 whp and 306 wtq. With that much tq is was all wheel spin and no top end. Now it will still spin through 2nd if the tires are cold or you have traction control off but it MOVES! Also I did a v dyno with the old turbo and it was with in 2 hp of the real dyno. You have to put all the in information correctly and it will get you in the ball park.

My tuner/installer (Panda) suggested that the FiST maxes out at 275ish on 93 (based on Fuel)... and just below 300 on E30 (same consideration)....
Yes with the x47 and only 93 oct 275 ish is all that you are going to get but that is the fuels fault. When you go E fuel you can make more than 300 but you have to do the aux fuel with out it the car runs out of fuel.