Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Quick update

Called Pumaspeed Monday (5/21/18) and Tuesday (5/22/18), told them about the failure and what can be done. After the conversation on Tuesday they took my email and told me they would contact me for more info. As of Friday (5/25/18) still no email from Pumaspeed. I called Stratified on Thursday (5/24/18) to get them involved. I usually talk with Alex but he is out this week. So I was told to email them and they would forward it to Pumaspeed. So far I'm not impressed with how either company is handling the issue. I'll keep updating this as things progress. Does anyone know any forums or social media Pumaspeed is active on?
Their Facebook page ?

Here is what I got out of my X47R out of 92 pump gas. I’m happy with the numbers I’ll be adding methanol kit here shortly to bring down the intake temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuned and walked all over a stock Focus RS. Still waiting to tune on Aux fuel

My boy has an RS Cobb Stage 1. I have the Cobb Stage 3 package with 15" Rota Slips and a gutted trunk. 2nd to 4th my Fiesta is about a car ahead. Just got my X47R in from Pumaspeed along with my Pumaspeed ported log manifold. The install is happening July 4th weekend. Once tuned ( Dizzy Tuning) Ill be racing him again. :) He is now Cobb Stage 2.

Looking to make 300\300 with the X47R with meth ( 375 nozzle and wiper fluid )

Should be fun!

LILIKE16ST

My boy has an RS Cobb Stage 1. I have the Cobb Stage 3 package with 15" Rota Slips and a gutted trunk. 2nd to 4th my Fiesta is about a car ahead. Just got my X47R in from Pumaspeed along with my Pumaspeed ported log manifold. The install is happening July 4th weekend. Once tuned ( Dizzy Tuning) Ill be racing him again. :) He is now Cobb Stage 2.

Looking to make 300\300 with the X47R with meth ( 375 nozzle and wiper fluid )

Should be fun!
Based on this info you should walk him hard with the x47r. That's awesome nobody would expect it outside of people educated on power to weight and people who are FIST fans etc

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I read that Panda Motorworks can supply us with the x47R turbo? I can't seem to find it on their site.

Here is what I got out of my X47R out of 92 pump gas. I’m happy with the numbers I’ll be adding methanol kit here shortly to bring down the intake temps.

What other mods do you have?

pwnall1337

Vendor
Quick update

Called Pumaspeed Monday (5/21/18) and Tuesday (5/22/18), told them about the failure and what can be done. After the conversation on Tuesday they took my email and told me they would contact me for more info. As of Friday (5/25/18) still no email from Pumaspeed. I called Stratified on Thursday (5/24/18) to get them involved. I usually talk with Alex but he is out this week. So I was told to email them and they would forward it to Pumaspeed. So far I'm not impressed with how either company is handling the issue. I'll keep updating this as things progress. Does anyone know any forums or social media Pumaspeed is active on?
Hey Mike,

I know you didn't buy the turbo from me, but I can try to help you. Typically the process is that the customer will pay a fee for shipping the turbo in and upon inspection of the turbo if the cause of the failure is determined to be a defect the unit will be repaired and returned to you with the shipping charge refunded.

Feel free to shoot me an email with your information and I'll talk to Pumaspeed about it on Monday to see what I can do since I did not retail the turbo to you.

pwnall1337

Vendor
I read that Panda Motorworks can supply us with the x47R turbo? I can't seem to find it on their site.

Hey [MENTION=8707]TDavis[/MENTION]

I sell the x47r and I'm going to be bundling stratified tuning with the turbo as a complete package here in the next day or so, so if you need tuning with the turbo I can prepare a custom quote for you.

http://pwnallperformance.com/pumaspeed-x47r-elbow.html

Thanks!

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Hey [MENTION=8707]TDavis[/MENTION]

I sell the x47r and I'm going to be bundling stratified tuning with the turbo as a complete package here in the next day or so, so if you need tuning with the turbo I can prepare a custom quote for you.

http://pwnallperformance.com/pumaspeed-x47r-elbow.html

Thanks!
The turbo upgrade will be coming sooner then I thought so when it does hit I'll make sure to hit u up! Still decided between the x47 and x47r. Some have sad the R isn't that much, if at all better.

pwnall1337

Vendor
The turbo upgrade will be coming sooner then I thought so when it does hit I'll make sure to hit u up! Still decided between the x47 and x47r. Some have sad the R isn't that much, if at all better.
Only the x47r is available. The x47 is no longer in produced. The x47r is a great turbo and I run it on my personal car.

pwnall1337

Vendor
Whoa.

Why no regular X-47? If I ever have an issue with the X-47, do I have to get an X-47R as the replacement?
If your turbo fell under the 12k, 1 year pumaspeed warranty it would be repaired with x47 parts if they were available. If not it would most likely be upgraded free of charge.

“Full bolt on”
Mishimoto intake
Cpe meth pipe
Mrbp hot side pipe
Whoosh fimc
Bp tube mani
Whoosh catless down pipe
“Straight pipe” res/muff delete
Stratified Custom tune, not even on the final tune.
This was made on Hawaii 92 pump gas

Meth was not even installed at this point

AzNightmare

From my understanding, the X47R makes more power but is also more laggy.
I'm actually a bit disappointed the X47 is gone now. Quicker spool is a bit higher priority for me than top end power since I drive in the city a lot.

pwnall1337

Vendor
From my understanding, the X47R makes more power but is also more laggy.
I'm actually a bit disappointed the X47 is gone now. Quicker spool is a bit higher priority for me than top end power since I drive in the city a lot.
I don't see the lag, but I've never had a regular x47. I can confirm for the money the x47r is the best turbo option you can get though. I love mine, and unfortunately spraying nitrous it was enough to ruin my clutch.

Hey Mike,

I know you didn't buy the turbo from me, but I can try to help you. Typically the process is that the customer will pay a fee for shipping the turbo in and upon inspection of the turbo if the cause of the failure is determined to be a defect the unit will be repaired and returned to you with the shipping charge refunded.

Feel free to shoot me an email with your information and I'll talk to Pumaspeed about it on Monday to see what I can do since I did not retail the turbo to you.
Thank you for the offer but I parted ways with my Fiesta. I never sent the defective turbo back to Pumaspeed. Would you have any interest in it?