Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey all you people.

I think my X47 is on it's final revision and I've been looking at my datalogs. Pretty consistently, boost pressure...

reaches 24psi at 3,300rpms...
reaches 25psi at 3,400rpms...
holds at 25psi till 6,000rpms...
holds at 24psi till 6,500rpms...(cutoff)

Is this about what you guys are seeing? I'd appreciate some of your experience. Puma says it holds at 26psi through most of the revband but my tuner says that is gibberish.

I'm very happy with the data above...car feels awesome esp. considering I'm logging pulls in the 80s Fahrenheit at 75% humidity.

Thanks in advance, and hey thanks for all who have contributed intelligence to this thread, it's helped me tremendously!

Ish

Hey all you people.

I think my X47 is on it's final revision and I've been looking at my datalogs. Pretty consistently, boost pressure...

reaches 24psi at 3,300rpms...
reaches 25psi at 3,400rpms...
holds at 25psi till 6,000rpms...
holds at 24psi till 6,500rpms...(cutoff)

Is this about what you guys are seeing? I'd appreciate some of your experience. Puma says it holds at 26psi through most of the revband but my tuner says that is gibberish.

I'm very happy with the data above...car feels awesome esp. considering I'm logging pulls in the 80s Fahrenheit at 75% humidity.

Thanks in advance, and hey thanks for all who have contributed intelligence to this thread, it's helped me tremendously!
What fuel? On 91 I was holding 24 all the way across
On meth+e30 I was holding 28 and would taper to 26-27psi towards 7k rpm

jeff

2000 Post Club
What fuel? On 91 I was holding 24 all the way across
On meth+e30 I was holding 28 and would taper to 26-27psi towards 7k rpm
Sorry forgot to mention that, 93 octane pump gas.

Holding 26psi all the way to fuel cut. Actually a bit more since I put the cpe intake on. Need to get the tune adjusted since it goes a little lean above 6k rpms now

Always forget I have the + model so it may hold more boost. I'm seeing 26psi at 3200rpms. Looking at the last log I did it's creeping up to 28 at redline. Held a steady 26 before I swapped intakes.

This is also on e30

Based

Always forget I have the + model so it may hold more boost. I'm seeing 26psi at 3200rpms. Looking at the last log I did it's creeping up to 28 at redline. Held a steady 26 before I swapped intakes.

This is also on e30
If you ever logged it on 93, can you say what did you make on vdyno?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club

This is also on e30
OK thanks that sounds about right on the 47+ AND with e30.

If you ever logged it on 93, can you say what did you make on vdyno?

After the last week logging for my tune I have less faith than ever in the Vdyno, even for just comparing stuff on my own car. I took about 20 logs overall and saw pretty significant discrepancies between logs taken 5 minutes apart on the same road same conditions. I've seen Vdyno used to say "X part added 8 hp, Vdyno shows it" but I no longer believe it can be trusted. Plus add weather and humidity and gas quality in the mix...it's just not reliable. My car showed around 10% differences on the same day between logs.

Then if person A at lat/longitude A compares their Vdyno with person B at lat/longitude B, it adds even more noncontrolled variables to the mix.

Anyhow I say all that to say that more than ever I'm not using Vdyno to feel good about my car/tune, I'm using my logs, learning to read them, talking to my tuner, doing research, using the actual data and comparing logs between revisions. Hence my question about PSi.

Vdyno is a nice tool but the datalogs are where it's at.

Is 24psi normal for an X-47? On the final version of my 91 tune I was seeing 26-27 psi max. Not sure off the top of my head what rpm that was at. At the moment tuning on E30 on the 5th revision I'm at 26psi.

Alright I am sold and ready to fire on the X-47. I have my stock turbo boxed up and ready to ship to PumaSpeed. What tips can you give me about the ordering process? Whats the cheapest way to ship this stock turbo to them? Any idea what if anything I will have to pay for VAT?

Sorry in advance if this has already been posted...

Based

OK thanks that sounds about right on the 47+ AND with e30.

After the last week logging for my tune I have less faith than ever in the Vdyno, even for just comparing stuff on my own car. I took about 20 logs overall and saw pretty significant discrepancies between logs taken 5 minutes apart on the same road same conditions. I've seen Vdyno used to say "X part added 8 hp, Vdyno shows it" but I no longer believe it can be trusted. Plus add weather and humidity and gas quality in the mix...it's just not reliable. My car showed around 10% differences on the same day between logs.

Then if person A at lat/longitude A compares their Vdyno with person B at lat/longitude B, it adds even more noncontrolled variables to the mix.

Anyhow I say all that to say that more than ever I'm not using Vdyno to feel good about my car/tune, I'm using my logs, learning to read them, talking to my tuner, doing research, using the actual data and comparing logs between revisions. Hence my question about PSi.

Vdyno is a nice tool but the datalogs are where it's at.
Oh ok I see. Even real dynos aren't the best at being consistent. I just want to know the difference between the regular x47 and the plus.

On the dyno I've seen 20psi at 2500rpm although the mapping, actuator etc dictates how much the boost is, so for example at 3500rpm we are still 21psi, then a gradual rise rise to 25psi at 5500rpm holding to 7500rpm. Yes you could bring in the boost harder lower down, but this will only add wheelspin, stress to the drivetrain, increase the risk of cracked ring lands (it's torque that kills pistons). Bottom line is the X47 is capable of spooling as close to stock as you'll get.

LILIKE16ST

Alright cool thanks man. I wish my car didn't come with the sunroof... Idk how much that adds but I'm sure at least 20lbs. So far I have everything in the rear (tire, Jack, floor) out. I'll remove the rear headrests and get that battery soon. After I get this x47 I'm gonna save for rpf1's so that's another 40lbs weight loss. Maybe I'll be at 2650 or so.

I'm thinking it's probably at least 20 possibly as much as 30 lbs for the sunroof and all the gadgets needed to make it work. Maybe someone else can chime in and confirm. I specifically went out of my way to search for a car with no moonroof (I bought it new but did not order it myself as I got a good bit off msrp) because I prefer the look of solid roof plus I'm into weight reduction so why not start out 20-30 less from the top of the car which is one of the worst places to add weight. I think the heated recaros and mirrors probably add another 10-15 and I don't fit in them that great anyways I believe it to be 30-40 lbs difference total between base and loaded. I also had problems with the moonroof in my old svt focus so I did not want to go down that road.

Anyways back on track your plan sounds solid and those rpf1 are solid wish they came in 4x108 I'm assuming you did the 4x100 conversion? The wheels make the most difference in how the car feels drives and performs of all the weight reduction I've done followed by the battery which did help turn in and the feel of the car. I seen a big difference saving 6 lbs per corner that's why I'm making sure to get lighter tires next time because I can save 2 more per corner doing that and on the tires it's even more significant than with the wheels being on the outer most part. I'm going with the new continental extreme contact sport in 205/50/15 which are 19 lbs each and solid tires to replace my bfg sc2 which are 21 lbs each according to tire rack.
This car with an x47 and weight reduction would be a solid performer. It's nice taking weight off and it's nice adding hp but when you do both that's when you start seeing the most difference and benefit. My car has a drop in filter and tune and straight piped stock catback and it feels pretty strong for mostly stock and feels even more nimble than it already did from the factory. This car is great stock and even better modded. Good luck with your build man and keep us updated on that x47 and other stuff

Based

I'm thinking it's probably at least 20 possibly as much as 30 lbs for the sunroof and all the gadgets needed to make it work. Maybe someone else can chime in and confirm. I specifically went out of my way to search for a car with no moonroof (I bought it new but did not order it myself as I got a good bit off msrp) because I prefer the look of solid roof plus I'm into weight reduction so why not start out 20-30 less from the top of the car which is one of the worst places to add weight. I think the heated recaros and mirrors probably add another 10-15 and I don't fit in them that great anyways I believe it to be 30-40 lbs difference total between base and loaded. I also had problems with the moonroof in my old svt focus so I did not want to go down that road.

Anyways back on track your plan sounds solid and those rpf1 are solid wish they came in 4x108 I'm assuming you did the 4x100 conversion? The wheels make the most difference in how the car feels drives and performs of all the weight reduction I've done followed by the battery which did help turn in and the feel of the car. I seen a big difference saving 6 lbs per corner that's why I'm making sure to get lighter tires next time because I can save 2 more per corner doing that and on the tires it's even more significant than with the wheels being on the outer most part. I'm going with the new continental extreme contact sport in 205/50/15 which are 19 lbs each and solid tires to replace my bfg sc2 which are 21 lbs each according to tire rack.
This car with an x47 and weight reduction would be a solid performer. It's nice taking weight off and it's nice adding hp but when you do both that's when you start seeing the most difference and benefit. My car has a drop in filter and tune and straight piped stock catback and it feels pretty strong for mostly stock and feels even more nimble than it already did from the factory. This car is great stock and even better modded. Good luck with your build man and keep us updated on that x47 and other stuff
They have group buys for rpf1 in 4x108 now. I can't remember what section it's in but just google "fiesta st rpf1 4x108 group buy" and you might find it

LILIKE16ST

They have group buys for rpf1 in 4x108 now. I can't remember what section it's in but just google "fiesta st rpf1 4x108 group buy" and you might find it

Dude that's awesome. I seen 16x8 slipstream too wish I knew about all these before I got my wheels. Might still have gotten my pro race 1.2 I'm quite fond of them they're built strong good price and they look dang good on the car and the weight savings is pretty decent too. Rpf1 would be sweet tho no doubt

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #775
PumaSpeed x-47R / 100th Turbo Milestone

Update from PumaSpeed (7/21/2017)

After just over 6 months of consistent developing we have hit a real

milestone with turbo number 100 rolling of the pumaspeed production line.

This model is probably the final iteration of the x47 and is actually number 100.

The x-47r is a full fat race version with a higher power band from 2800-7500 rather than the usual 2500-7000

The line up is now as follows...

x-47

x-47 plus

x-47r race

The 46 mm red hard anodised compressor wheels only feature in the plus and the r models vs the 43mm on the regular x-47.

The larger wheels combined with the differing machining and porting and the two larger models increase the ability to flow the extra gases to deliver much stronger top end power.

Typically there is around 10-20 bhp difference between the lower spec x-47 and the top spec x-47r.
X-47R.jpg

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nah I'm waiting on the x69... For the freak in all of us ;)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Just ordered my x47r. I'm excited to see the bump from the x37. Been waiting, don't want to wait for the vargas turbo. Pumaspeed has proven to be a great company with solid parts. I have 30k miles on my x37, looking forward to 30k more on the 47r.