Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

Based

Can anyone recommend me a tuner for the x47r? Idk if it really matters who I go with, but I want to make sure they can get the best out of the turbo. Currently I'm planning to go with Stratified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Can anyone recommend me a tuner for the x47r? Idk if it really matters who I go with, but I want to make sure they can get the best out of the turbo. Currently I'm planning to go with Stratified

They're solid for sure but they take their time with the tune revisions! I'll yell it 'till my lungs hurt... I haven't knocked the product (have no reason to - works fine for me) but the time to get your car tuned will be drastically longer than other tuners. Just beware!

I'm working with Ryan at PD tuning he is good and very knowledgeable. Turn around time is about 48 hours for each revision barring any events. Don't have anything bad to say about him at all.

I've had the same experience with Ryan so far, and he did fantastic work on my 2867/2 port focus setup.

Based

They're solid for sure but they take their time with the tune revisions! I'll yell it 'till my lungs hurt... I haven't knocked the product (have no reason to - works fine for me) but the time to get your car tuned will be drastically longer than other tuners. Just beware!
Haha I remember seeing your thread about how long it took for your tune. I hope that's not how long they take for every tune they do... I need my shit done in 3-4 weeks

What is PD?

hello. everybody. please someone can say me what is the best choice for my fiesta st between the x37 or x47 for octane 91 please (i've only that fuel in my country).

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Haha I remember seeing your thread about how long it took for your tune. I hope that's not how long they take for every tune they do... I need my shit done in 3-4 weeks

What is PD?

It is - a guy I know is averaging 8 days between tune revisions. Take that as you will... (I think he had x4 91 octane tunes, x6 94 octane tunes? do the math and that's a long friggin' time).

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
hello. everybody. please someone can say me what is the best choice for my fiesta st between the x37 or x47 for octane 91 please (i've only that fuel in my country).
As long as you have each one tuned for the gas then you can pick either one - just depends on what performance gains you're looking for! I'd go X-47 to get the biggest bang for your buck.

ok.thanks. i want the max of performance i can. hum, now with pumaspeed we have the choice for the wesgate and the new core. it's really necessary?

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
ok.thanks. i want the max of performance i can. hum, now with pumaspeed we have the choice for the wesgate and the new core. it's really necessary?
Wastegate yes - get an 11psi spring if you get an X-47.

The new core simply saves you downtime on your car - they send you the parts and you install them as opposed to removing your turbo, shipping it away, having Pumaspeed alter it and then ship it back.

Based

Yeah my bad I googled it after I asked what it was lol. That guy seems promising. You people on here getting tuned by him need to post your power numbers once you're done!

Only thing is the Stratified tune I'm using has the crackle option which I like. Idk what I want to do.

LILIKE16ST

I second the above this is the first I've heard of this pd tuning is this a new option or has the name changed or is it someone formally with a diff company

I second the above this is the first I've heard of this pd tuning is this a new option or has the name changed or is it someone formally with a diff company
They have been around for some time. They made a name for themselves in the mazdaspeed community.

LILIKE16ST

They have been around for some time. They made a name for themselves in the mazdaspeed community.

Gotcha did they just recently switch over to the FIST community or have they been in this area for a while too?

Based

Gotcha did they just recently switch over to the FIST community or have they been in this area for a while too?
I just checked their Facebook and they tuned an x47 in February and only made 250whp on 93

I just checked their Facebook and they tuned an x47 in February and only made 250whp on 93

What does it usually make on pump?