Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
270-280whp on 93. people are getting too concerned with numbers. peak numbers are just numbers, you all need to look at the power curves, this determines how the car actually feels on the street. I was up to 280whp on my x37 before I had to take it off, the thing was quick. I took it off for other reasons, not because it wasn't reliable, it probably has about 20k on the turbo, and it looked brand new, very little shaft play if any.

Based

Vdyno or real dyno?

Altitude is critical too - every 1000' drops power 3% roughly.
I called them and he said the car had a boost leak and it was a conservative tune. No worries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based

Hey pumaspeed what is the ideal redline for using the x47r? 7k?

[MENTION=6662]Pumaspeed[/MENTION] would you speak to this...Quoting from you earlier from another thread:

X47 295-300 whp
the X47 as most USA customers are using isnt rated at over 300whp, we religiously see 295 whp.
boost level are perfect at 1.75 (25.4psi) lowering to 1.65 or 1.7 bar at 295 whp
*we use 11 psi waste gates only ,we have tried the 17 and its just too strong for us.

The wheels are not designed to flow over this amount on the X47 and as we cannot supply your calibrations we cannot be sure your tuner isnt over spinning at your and our expense.

Correct me if I'm wrong here...the wastegate used is not as detrimental to turbo longevity as the max/leveled psi, correct? So isn't longevity in this case in the hands of the tuner? If an aftermarket WGA is used with the X47, as many/most of us are using I presume, as long as the tuner keeps boost where the turbo is built for (25.4psi as you recommend) would the WGA used not be an issue?

In my case my tuner keeps it nice and steady averaging at 24.5. It peaks very briefly around 26 on occasion but holds around 25.

I'm not an expert but this is how I understand it, could be wrong, please speak to this. Thank you in advance!
Curious what puma will have to say when they finally get mine back. Mine failed at almost exactly 25psi

Hey pumaspeed what is the ideal redline for using the x47r? 7k?

We have seen peak power at 7300rpm on some cars.. it depends how its tuned tbh but 7300rpm redline seems to be commonly accepted at the max.

I've been seeing pressure as high as 28.5 psi, holding solid at around 27. While wrapping up my tune, I asked Alex from stratified about it, here's what he had to say:

The higher boost pressure you are seeing is at lower engine speeds where the turbo does not need to spin as quickly to achieve the airflow required to generate this much boost. I don’t see this as an issue – even the OEM turbo can achieve these boost pressures at lower RPMs.

Hope this helps.

Did you have the 11 psi actuator or the 17?

11 psi wga. Peak boost of 25.5psi in my last logs holding 24.9 until redline.

A friend had an x47 installed a few weeks before mine. Same parts, same tuner. His is still pulling like a freight train.

Based

11 psi wga. Peak boost of 25.5psi in my last logs holding 24.9 until redline.

A friend had an x47 installed a few weeks before mine. Same parts, same tuner. His is still pulling like a freight train.
Damn that sucks. Seeing shit like this really makes me wonder if I should just save my money and get a different car

Based

What makes you think a different car would be immune from issues like this?
Because GTI's can run low 12s stock turbo lol.

I'm not trying to turn this thread into a car vs car debate

Because GTI's can run low 12s stock turbo lol.

I'm not trying to turn this thread into a car vs car debate

What does a GTI have to do with a Pumaspeed turbo failing? I guess that's the point I was trying to make. All cars can have issues, especially when it comes to modding them.

Based

What does a GTI have to do with a Pumaspeed turbo failing? I guess that's the point I was trying to make. All cars can have issues, especially when it comes to modding them.
I'm saying in terms of getting performance out of a car. The x47 and its variants are pretty much the only thing available for the fiesta st that will put it in the 12s. More of them are failing than I would like to see because this car is my daily. I could trade my car in for a mk7 gti, put a downpipe and tune on it and run 12s. That's all I'm saying.

The ATP kit that has the Garrett GT2860r is also an option for the fiesta st to get low 12s.

This really doesn't have anything to do with the x47 as a turbo. That's why I didn't really want to have to elaborate my point because it's just off topic.

The x47 or the new hybrids by tune+ are the easy choice for anyone not wanting to add extra fueling. If I was going to keep the car I would put another x47 back in. If mine was defective Im sure its just a fluke as there are a few people local to me running the same mods without issue.

I'm saying in terms of getting performance out of a car. The x47 and its variants are pretty much the only thing available for the fiesta st that will put it in the 12s. More of them are failing than I would like to see because this car is my daily. I could trade my car in for a mk7 gti, put a downpipe and tune on it and run 12s. That's all I'm saying.

The ATP kit that has the Garrett GT2860r is also an option for the fiesta st to get low 12s.

This really doesn't have anything to do with the x47 as a turbo. That's why I didn't really want to have to elaborate my point because it's just off topic.

Sure I see your point, we've all been there. I wouldn't let a failure here or there make you question your choices, if it were widespread we'd hear more about it and I don't think it is. To be honest a GTI would serve me better because I drive on the freeway 99% of the time and a bigger, heavier car is better suited for that. However, a 300 hp FiST is more appealing to me than a 300 hp GTI so I'll stick with this platform for now.

Based

Sure I see your point, we've all been there. I wouldn't let a failure here or there make you question your choices, if it were widespread we'd hear more about it and I don't think it is. To be honest a GTI would serve me better because I drive on the freeway 99% of the time and a bigger, heavier car is better suited for that. However, a 300 hp FiST is more appealing to me than a 300 hp GTI so I'll stick with this platform for now.
Yeah that's why I'm disappointed that so many are failing. I see it in YouTube comments, in this thread, in other threads on this forum. I don't remember seeing this many x37 failures. It just makes it a harder decision for me because this is my daily. Trust me id love to have a RELIABLE 300whp fiesta st.

Yeah that's why I'm disappointed that so many are failing. I see it in YouTube comments, in this thread, in other threads on this forum. I don't remember seeing this many x37 failures. It just makes it a harder decision for me because this is my daily. Trust me id love to have a RELIABLE 300whp fiesta st.

I have only heard of 3 I think, mine included. With how many they have shipped I don't think that's an unreasonable amount.

Based

I have only heard of 3 I think, mine included. With how many they have shipped I don't think that's an unreasonable amount.
Maybe the chance of failure will go down now that pumaspeed took the 17 psi actuator option off the website. But I saw a YouTube comment on an x47 video saying his first x47 blew in two weeks and his second x47 blew in a day!

Maybe the chance of failure will go down now that pumaspeed took the 17 psi actuator option off the website. But I saw a YouTube comment on an x47 video saying his first x47 blew in two weeks and his second x47 blew in a day!

Did he say why or how it failed?

Ford Community Posts