Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
Thanks for the insight.

For my own clarification, you're thoughts are that the 11psi spring will be easier to work with in order to minimize wheel spin in the first couple gears and yet still allowing for full flow when full throttle is achieved in a higher gear?
Yes I believe you would have greater flexibility to do that with the 11# spring.

But also anxious to hear from the two so far on how much it hits down low.

masonsturbos

I agree- you can launch with lower boost in first and ramp up- as I see, we aren't even really pushing the 11psi spring and have room to grow. 25psi and we are around 55-60% wgdc, so there is room to grow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Siestarider

Well that is just an awesome graph. Best torque/hp curves I have seen on 93 with any turbo/tune combination. When Pete gets his up and running look out Cali racers.

X-47 is now installed!

Tuning may take a while...waiting canada's spring to come...if it comes ...

[rockon]

-Seb-

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
In the mean time, are you just running OTS cobb tunes?
I bet / hope not?

There should be a protune done immediately after a turbo upgrade - it's a significant difference. Regardless of how aggressive it is.

I would get a boost limit set (such as my winter tune) and then monitor vitals without driving it hard (if I had to drive it without a full tuning session).

This is kind of why I'm not rushing to buy - I can't install for another 2-3 months!

I bet / hope not?

There should be a protune done immediately after a turbo upgrade - it's a significant difference. Regardless of how aggressive it is.

I would get a boost limit set (such as my winter tune) and then monitor vitals without driving it hard (if I had to drive it without a full tuning session).

This is kind of why I'm not rushing to buy - I can't install for another 2-3 months!
Hey guys! [MENTION=5751]letitreign[/MENTION] [MENTION=1015]shouldbeasy[/MENTION]

I'm not running the car! He's on jack stands in the garage for the whole winter. My pro-tuner is located at almost 550km from where I live so I will datalog to have him setup a safe tune to be able to do the travel to the shop (when spring will comes) to complete the protune on dyno.

Winter in Quebec, Canada are never end...

[rockon]

-Seb-

LILIKE16ST

I would love to have an x47 installed on mine right now but not driving it for months after the install would absolutely kill me no joke lol

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #295
[MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION]

How's the e30+meth tuning going? Eager to see your results...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #297
Almost done, the rain here made it difficult to get any logs out but looks like were about to finish. Vdyno has put me at around 310whp-315whp
Yeah, we've had quite a bit of rain here in the desert the past few days and can't believe how much snow we got up in the mountains! Daytime temps aren't even hitting 60's here...brrrr

That's roughly 20~25whp increase compared to your last e30 results ...great numbers for e30 + 50/50 meth mix!

Ish

Yeah, we've had quite a bit of rain here in the desert the past few days and can't believe how much snow we got up in the mountains! Daytime temps aren't even hitting 60's here...brrrr

That's roughly 20~25whp increase compared to your last e30 results ...great numbers for e30 + 50/50 meth mix!
Super nice out, hasnt snowed like this in a few years tbh. Yea im happy with the results! Ill be going to a dyno soon and will see what those show..

Pulls really hard!