Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
X-47 arrived today! Weather permitting, I'm gonna install it this weekend. Question tho: is there supposed to be a gasket between the larger intake elbow and the turbo? Mine didn't have one in the box that I could find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
X-47 arrived today! Weather permitting, I'm gonna install it this weekend. Question tho: is there supposed to be a gasket between the larger intake elbow and the turbo? Mine didn't have one in the box that I could find.

Turbo to manifold gasket
BM5Z-9450-A
Oil feed line gasket
4R8Z-6N652-A
Downpipe to turbo gasket
AM5Z-9450-A

All the gaskets you need

Sent from my CIA monitored device

Mine was already asssembled when I received mine. Looks like they used a little bit of black RTV as the seal. In the states I probably would have used "Permatex Ultra Black RTV" or equivalent if mine was shipped unassembled. But need to be careful and make sure you use very very thin layer as not to spill over and leave possibilities of any dried RTV pieces getting sucked into the turbo. I'd consult whoever you bought it from just to make sure.

Based

I don't guess I could get mine on before the summer ends if they take this long to ship :(. I still gotta intake and intercooler lol.

I don't guess I could get mine on before the summer ends if they take this long to ship :(. I still gotta intake and intercooler lol.

I don't know who you ordered from but on March 6th I got an email from Panda saying they are "currently packaging a bunch up". I asked them to give me tracking information...nothing back yet.
I purchased mine Feb 6th and my core arrived at their shop on Feb 11th.

Finally got my "X47++" back from brian today. Going to install this weekend. Hopefully DHM will have a base tune for me by the weekend so I can start logging and fine tuning everything.

Based

I don't know who you ordered from but on March 6th I got an email from Panda saying they are "currently packaging a bunch up". I asked them to give me tracking information...nothing back yet.
I purchased mine Feb 6th and my core arrived at their shop on Feb 11th.
Nah I haven't ordered yet. I'm just saying by what I've been reading it seems to be a slow process.

Bought the x47 the 9th of February through Panda and about a week and a half to two weeks from now I'll hopefully have mine. Has anyone used aux fuel instead of wmi? Looking for ballpark numbers.

Was able to get a wastegate only pull at around 12 psi. Feels pretty close to the power level of stock turbo at 23psi:). Man I hate when I can't just easily insert a picture and need a service to post it via URL. Anyways 205hp@6500 and 200lbf-ft @3640.

That is Pretty good! I am on my third revision from Stratified and the vdyno I did last night showed 252 hp @ 6257 and 269 ft @ 3184. The fuel I am using is just 93 and there is still a lot left to. Who is tuning yours?

That is Pretty good! I am on my third revision from Stratified and the vdyno I did last night showed 252 hp @ 6257 and 269 ft @ 3184. The fuel I am using is just 93 and there is still a lot left to. Who is tuning yours?
At first I'm trying to tune it myself. If I reach a huge hurdle I'll cave in and order one from somebody. I'm taking baby steps. Currently up'd my wastegate to 20% and seeing about 15psi. So I'll get a few pulls at this setting and review the data logs to see where I'm at.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
So... got mine installed.

1st question - who has the large inlet option for the turbo? And for those who do, when you reinstalled the intake tube closest to the firewall, did it stand proud? I couldn't get the mounts for it to fit again as it appears the turbo inlet is too tall. Anyone else experience this? I got it all tightened up on hose clamps but it wouldn't go down enough to mount on the engine.

2nd question - when installing the Turbosmart WGA, the two nuts which run on the actuating arm are set up so that the flap is closed and then tightened down, correct?

Are you running a stock box and crossover tube? The stock cross over tube has a restriction in it that won't let it go all the way down on the elbow. The other people that run after market intakes usually have a silicone hose that attaches to the elbow and allows their intakes to go down further I believe.

Did my install last night. Took me about 4 hours to complete. I did everything from the top and the only time i had to go under the vehicle was when i was taking the two bolts that connect the turbo drain to the turbo. I left the drain attached to the pan. Since sour did a ported exhaust manifold I took everything out as one unit. Probably could have done it in 3, but I spent most of the time looking for tools that I put down or the new bolts to install. I did have the same issue as above when I was installing my stock crossover tube onto the bigger C39 inlet elbow. I did brake the plastic coolant line that comes off the turbo return metal line into the bottom of the coolant tank. Luck Long Beach Ford had one in stock and its an all rubber line now instead of half rubber and half plastic. Overall not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Are you running a stock box and crossover tube? The stock cross over tube has a restriction in it that won't let it go all the way down on the elbow. The other people that run after market intakes usually have a silicone hose that attaches to the elbow and allows their intakes to go down further I believe.
That would do it, yes - stock box and crossover tube (the one closest to the firewall I was struggling to name).

Not a big deal, just an FYI to those out there who are running a stock box - it won't fit back the way it was!

Filled out Stratified's Tuning form and I hope to get a tune tomorrow but I bet it will be Monday - I'm going to record the first start on the new turbo and post a video ('cause why not).

[MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] could you please change mine to "installed"?

It's a pretty straightforward swap. My little arms are scratched and bruised, but I got it done. Took her for a shakedown run and she ran fine. Swapped out the coolant plugs, no leaks. It's definitely loud. The whistle is very pronounced when you're tipping into the throttle, but I like it.

Starting the tuning process. 93 first, then E30.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #479
[MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] could you please change mine to "installed"?

It's a pretty straightforward swap. My little arms are scratched and bruised, but I got it done. Took her for a shakedown run and she ran fine. Swapped out the coolant plugs, no leaks. It's definitely loud. The whistle is very pronounced when you're tipping into the throttle, but I like it.

Starting the tuning process. 93 first, then E30.
Done [twothumb]