Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
I was giving an example of the spool and boost threshold, not peak boost. For what its worth, peak boost 1.8 bar 4000rpm to 5200rpm, then steady 1.7 bar to 7000rpm. We ran the X47R this morning and it made 305WHP 304lb ft.
Impressive. I'm waiting to see what Tune+ comes up with but Puma might be in my near future.

I did it last night. I got in to the 12s on a 215 street tire. I know i could have done better but only got 2 passes in.
12.986 @110.01
r/t... .237
60'... 2.141
1/8... 8.514
1/8 mph ... 88.25
1000... 10.942

Last edited:

Based

I did it last night. I got in to the 12s on a 215 street tire. I know i could have done better but only got to passes in.
12.986 @110.01
r/t... .237
60'... 2.141
1/8... 8.514
1/8 mph ... 88.25
1000... 10.942
Ayyy nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did it last night. I got in to the 12s on a 215 street tire. I know i could have done better but only got to passes in.
12.986 @110.01
r/t... .237
60'... 2.141
1/8... 8.514
1/8 mph ... 88.25
1000... 10.942
Congrats! What fuel?

cobb DP, MBRP cat back, Fswerk intake, boomba intake spacer, one step colder ngk plugs, x47, boomba catch can, boomba short throw shifter, bald 215/45r17 super sport tires, Stratified Aux fuel kit running E50, montune FM intercooler and pipes, gfb diverter valve and turbosmart wastegate. This is my set up

cobb DP, MBRP cat back, Fswerk intake, boomba intake spacer, one step colder ngk plugs, x47, boomba catch can, boomba short throw shifter, bald 215/45r17 super sport tires, Stratified Aux fuel kit running E50, montune FM intercooler and pipes, gfb diverter valve and turbosmart wastegate. This is my set up
so is e50 giving a worthwhile power upgrade over e30? what kinda boost levels you running?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #809
FYI...This was just posted by PumaSpeed in another thread...What is highlighted in red below may perhaps be useful information for those with x-47's installed...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...urbo-Milestone?p=246670&viewfull=1#post246670

X47 295-300 whp
the X47 as most USA customers are using isnt rated at over 300whp, we religiously see 295 whp.
boost level are perfect at 1.75 bar (25.4 psi) lowering to 1.65 bar (23.9 psi) or 1.7 bar (24.7 psi) at 295 whp

We use 11 psi waste gates only, we have tried the 17 and its just too strong for us...

The wheels are not designed to flow over this amount on the X47 and as we cannot supply your calibrations we cannot be sure your tuner isnt over spinning at your and our expense

X47 Plus 300-305whp
The X47 Plus with its larger RED compressor wheel and better flowing exhaust wheel is rated at over 300whp and has produced this many times here in Europe, there are a few of these in the USA but not that many as it was only released 2-3 months ago

The X47-R 310-315whp
This has some further flow improvements to the exhaust to add more exhaust flow and uses he RED compressor wheel from the above

I am trying one more very radical development to a race cars X47-R this week to enable it to run a little more, but i believe this will create another 200 revs of delayed spool which would be of course ok for track work but until we finally test it i am not 100% to whether this filters down into the X47-R to create more top end.

Brura22

FYI...This was just posted by PumaSpeed in another thread...What is highlighted in red below may perhaps be useful information for those with x-47's installed...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...urbo-Milestone?p=246670&viewfull=1#post246670

"The X47 as most USA customers are using isn't rated at over 300whp, we religiously see 295 whp.

Boost level are perfect at 1.75 bar (25.4 psi) lowering to 1.65 bar (23.9 psi) or 1.7 bar (24.7 psi) at 295 whp
...."

We use 11 psi waste gates only, we have tried the 17 and its just too strong for us...

..."The wheels are not designed to flow over this amount on the X47 and as we cannot supply your calibrations we cannot be sure your tuner isnt over spinning at your and our expense"...
Pretty much explains all the blown up units.

Based

Is there some sort of guide/writeup I can look at and give to the shop that's doing my turbo swap? Id like to help him as much as possible so I don't have to pay as much in labor

jeff

2000 Post Club
[MENTION=6662]Pumaspeed[/MENTION] would you speak to this...Quoting from you earlier from another thread:

X47 295-300 whp
the X47 as most USA customers are using isnt rated at over 300whp, we religiously see 295 whp.
boost level are perfect at 1.75 (25.4psi) lowering to 1.65 or 1.7 bar at 295 whp
*we use 11 psi waste gates only ,we have tried the 17 and its just too strong for us.

The wheels are not designed to flow over this amount on the X47 and as we cannot supply your calibrations we cannot be sure your tuner isnt over spinning at your and our expense.

Correct me if I'm wrong here...the wastegate used is not as detrimental to turbo longevity as the max/leveled psi, correct? So isn't longevity in this case in the hands of the tuner? If an aftermarket WGA is used with the X47, as many/most of us are using I presume, as long as the tuner keeps boost where the turbo is built for (25.4psi as you recommend) would the WGA used not be an issue?

In my case my tuner keeps it nice and steady averaging at 24.5. It peaks very briefly around 26 on occasion but holds around 25.

I'm not an expert but this is how I understand it, could be wrong, please speak to this. Thank you in advance!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Is there some sort of guide/writeup I can look at and give to the shop that's doing my turbo swap? Id like to help him as much as possible so I don't have to pay as much in labor

Your shop should only charge you the time it takes to install the turbo, if it takes them longer, that's their problem. My shop took longer but I still paid the price that was quoted to me. Good luck

Sent from my CIA monitored device

Hi guys,
I only have octane 91 near home, and I think (I know) I won't go to aux fuel, so I will tune to 91 only and no other.

My question is :
Will it be profitable to get an x47 or even x47+, instead of the x37 or x27 (that will not be maxed due to the poor fuel)?

In other words, I think I will prefer the early spool of the x27 or x37, and the same top end than x47 (due to the limiting HPFP combined with the 91octane). But maybe I'm wrong...
Can I have someone's point of view ?
Even a little judgement would be appreciated.
Thank you.

[MENTION=6662]Pumaspeed[/MENTION] would you speak to this...Quoting from you earlier from another thread:

X47 295-300 whp
boost level are perfect at 1.75 (25.4psi) lowering to 1.65 or 1.7 bar at 295 whp
*we use 11 psi waste gates only ,we have tried the 17 and its just too strong for us.

The wheels are not designed to flow over this amount on the X47 and as we cannot supply your calibrations we cannot be sure your tuner isnt over spinning at your and our expense.

Correct me if I'm wrong here...the wastegate used is not as detrimental to turbo longevity as the max/leveled psi, correct? So isn't longevity in this case in the hands of the tuner? If an aftermarket WGA is used with the X47, as many/most of us are using I presume, as long as the tuner keeps boost where the turbo is built for (25.4psi as you recommend) would the WGA used not be an issue?

In my case my tuner keeps it nice and steady averaging at 24.5. It peaks very briefly around 26 on occasion but holds around 25.

I'm not an expert but this is how I understand it, could be wrong, please speak to this. Thank you in advance!

I think they both have a strong influence. Far better to have a balanced duty cycle and actuator set up around 70-75%, than 90% or 30% WGDC.

Does it really make a big difference between 25 lbs of boost and 27? Mine is holding mid 27 to high 26 to red line and will peak at 28.50. So I am going to have a turbo failure because of this? Why? What fails? What makes the 47+ and 47R so much more robust?

Your shop should only charge you the time it takes to install the turbo, if it takes them longer, that's their problem. My shop took longer but I still paid the price that was quoted to me. Good luck

Sent from my CIA monitored device
Debatable, things warrant extra time, as in broken bolts in which the original book time does not factor in. Usually the service rep would account for something on this though usually in the way of something that pays 5.3 they may quote 6.0 hours giving some leeway. Remember Techs need to get paid to, in a fair and just manor, how that happens, either the dealer or the customer when unforeseen incidents take place is a different story.

In this case book time is 5.4 hours for those who are curious.

Can I have someone's point of view ?
Even a little judgement would be appreciated.
Thank you.
I love my X47 and the lag is VERY little if any compared to stock. I would say get the x47 because it give you room to grow if you move or fuel in your area changes. I thing it made the car easier to drive in town because the Torque is just a little higher. Gives you a chance to get moving before you start spinning your tires.

I'd still go with a x47 variant. More air volume is always good.
I love my X47 and the lag is VERY little if any compared to stock. I would say get the x47 because it give you room to grow if you move or fuel in your area changes. I thing it made the car easier to drive in town because the Torque is just a little higher. Gives you a chance to get moving before you start spinning your tires.
Thank you for answering.
My main fear is running lean, and BTW overheat.
On my stage3 tune (Intake, DP, FMIC), I got a peak at 113°C (235F) on coolant temp, and my daily temp is about 100°C (210F).
I think i will have to upgrade to Mishimoto rad if I go x47.