Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
My X47 is mounted and the Pumaspeed Crackle software mapping ! There are 2 power levels for Euro 5 cars in Europe! On the German Autobahn A61, I have reached a top speed of 283km / h (176 Miles)! Cool the crackle, there comes joy! Pumaspeed has an outstanding software, which is very nice in everyday driving and has an enormous power! It runs very clean and my consumption has remained almost unchanged! I am also thrilled by the acoustics of the Turbo! I have fueled Aral 102 Ultimate and Shell V Power Racing 100

masonsturbos

I'm right around 290/305 on e30 and we are finished on e30, we are simply out of fuel. I'll go methanol this summer but until then, spinning from 40mph is fun lol.
I'll be taking it to the strip soon enough to get some 1/4 numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I'm right around 290/305 on e30 and we are finished on e30, we are simply out of fuel. I'll go methanol this summer but until then, spinning from 40mph is fun lol.
I'll be taking it to the strip soon enough to get some 1/4 numbers

Any airflow #'s? Lbs per min?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club

X37
20psi@2800rpm
Chevron gas
E30 once the weather clears up.
Thought I'd post for comparison

Sent from my CIA monitored device

Not quite done tuning yet but happy with the results so far. e30 fuel, MAP IC, Mishi IC Pipes, turbosmart bov and WG, STOCK Catback

FiST Dyno.jpg

masonsturbos

I'm seeing right under 31lbs/min:
Garrett says it's a pretty general rule that a turbo engine will generate 9.5-10.5hp per lb/min.
That puts us around 290-320.
Vdyno shows 292whp so right in that range.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I'm seeing right under 31lbs/min:
Garrett says it's a pretty general rule that a turbo engine will generate 9.5-10.5hp per lb/min.
That puts us around 290-320.
Vdyno shows 292whp so right in that range.

Interesting, I'll have to read up on Garrett. I'm doing a lil under 33 right now. Gd info

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Interesting, I'll have to read up on Garrett. I'm doing a lil under 33 right now. Gd info
This app does not let you like posts... hmm.
Anyways, yvw, I am seeing those numbers on the ap but my Vdynos have never shown more than 265whp but I have not done a Vdyno in a while and we've had two revisions since then.

Mason is speaking in Verbatim, but I still don't get why my numbers are different from my lbs/min. I guess if we go 9.5hpx29psi.maybe it is right, not sure 100%

masonsturbos

Cuz vdyno is horribly inaccurate and you really can't base how the car feels by a computer programs math

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Anyways, yvw, I am seeing those numbers on the ap but my Vdynos have never shown more than 265whp but I have not done a Vdyno in a while and we've had two revisions since then.

Mason is speaking in Verbatim, but I still don't get why my numbers are different from my lbs/min. I guess if we go 9.5hpx29psi.maybe it is right, not sure 100%

Temp, elevation ect all ply a part.

More air equals more fuel which gives you more power. Airflow is a direct relation to power and why a calculation like that works, there are variables and the next biggest one besides air and fuel that is adjustable would be timing. Timing is dictated mostly by cylinder pressures and temps but also the type of fuel being used. If you think the numbers are low, that is something only the tuner can answer.

Last edited:

masonsturbos

I did 3 logs tonight, all with the same exact stretch of road and starting rpm, only difference is starting charge temp, and the average was 285.
One was 292, another was 283, and another was 285. I'd say that's pretty close to accurate. I only have 1 other over 300whp car and the fiesta is much faster lol:))
31lb/min and 13* of timing;)

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I did 3 logs tonight, all with the same exact stretch of road and starting rpm, only difference is starting charge temp, and the average was 285.
One was 292, another was 283, and another was 285. I'd say that's pretty close to accurate. I only have 1 other over 300whp car and the fiesta is much faster lol:))
31lb/min and 13* of timing;)

Not bad! Off subject but how do you like the nittos? Thinking of buying the same ones

Long time stalker first time poster/register. Very interested in the X47 and I see all these fuel combinations and my biggest question with this turbo is it not beneficially for running E85 only? I see all these posts about E30 or E50. I live in the Midwest E85 is pretty easy to get and way easier to fill up with. Any reason not to run E85 with this setup?