Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
Thanks for checking for me. That makes me a little more concerned about mine....yours must be super tight because even in your pictures the compressor wheel barely fits in the housing, looks like its already basically touching the side wall.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thanks for checking for me. That makes me a little more concerned about mine....yours must be super tight because even in your pictures the compressor wheel barely fits in the housing, looks like its already basically touching the side wall.
Having some play shouldn't be an issue.... but there is definitely something awry with your car [MENTION=5751]letitreign[/MENTION]. Just can't figure out where that soot is coming from!

Based

So has anyone here gone from a 37 to a 47? How do they compare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
So has anyone here gone from a 37 to a 47? How do they compare?

From the two people ( one going from x37 to x47, other a tuner) that I've talked to, unless you plan on going wmi, x37 is the better turbo. Obviously the placebo affect is, bigger is better. It's always, all on the users usage needs. What you like, might not be what others like, vice versa.

Sent from my CIA monitored device

LILIKE16ST

From the two people ( one going from x37 to x47, other a tuner) that I've talked to, unless you plan on going wmi, x37 is the better turbo. Obviously the placebo affect is, bigger is better. It's always, all on the users usage needs. What you like, might not be what others like, vice versa.

Sent from my CIA monitored device
This is true and after one guy got a used fully fitted x37 and had it ported and was running north of 270 whp on 93 for some 600+ cheaper than a fully fitted x47 it seems like it's still the best bang for the buck too as of now and can really have your fiesta turn into a little beast without sinking a bunch of money into it

Based

This is true and after one guy got a used fully fitted x37 and had it ported and was running north of 270 whp on 93 for some 600+ cheaper than a fully fitted x47 it seems like it's still the best bang for the buck too as of now and can really have your fiesta turn into a little beast without sinking a bunch of money into it
I doubt he is making 270+ wheel. I'll spend an extra $600 to make sure I make the most power I can

Anyone have these things on stock for shipping to the US?

Ordered the dhm st280 about 2 months ago, but that seems to be taking a turn for the worse.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club

Ordered the dhm st280 about 2 months ago, but that seems to be taking a turn for the worse.
Check with Alex, I think he might have one of each 37/47, not 100% sure.

Call Pumaspeed direct. They have 5-7 of the X-47 coming in today or tomorrow and mine ships then. If all are not spoken for you can order and have pretty quick. http://www.pumaspeed.com/

After skimming through this thread I was a bit worried I would be waiting a while to get my turbo if I ordered direct through pumaspeed.

I sent my turbo to them on Monday. It got there this morning. This afternoon I got a tracking number and it will be here Monday :D

We had 18 x47 arrive last week

Stratified just took an x37 and an x47

Panda took another 3 X47
And we shipped 3 or 4 direct into the Americas that same week

If you send your core into the dealer or to us pretty quick we will get the units out fast
If you buy the unit and elect to keep your unit we send them out the very same day !!

Last edited:

Based

Can someone please explain to me the difference between the large bore turbo elbow and not, what actuator I should get, and what dump valve. I'm pretty sure a dump valve is just another name for blow off valve right?

Send me a mail to Tony@pumaspeed.co.uk

I will explain

To confuse things even more now we have two versions of the turbo elbow
43mm flange and 46mm

The new 46mm flange will fit the bigger X 47 plus unit which has a bigger cold side wheel

We had 18 x47 arrive last week

Stratified just took an x37 and an x47

Panda took another 3 X47
And we shipped 3 or 4 direct into the Americas that same week

If you send your core into the dealer or to us pretty quick we will get the units out fast
If you buy the unit and elect to keep your unit we send them out the very same day !!
You guys currently have x47 in stock?

Also when is the x47 plus available?

Based

How long did it take everyone to install their turbo? I'm paying a shop to do mine so I want to know an estimate of labor time