Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

Ish

That is great to hear. I love your car Ish it's sweet it's one of the main reasons I wanna go with one of these hybrids seeing what they're truly capable of is very impressive.
Thanks man, It really is impressive the power these hybrids can push. Easiest best bang for your buck in regards to power for the fiesta if you ask me.

iso100

1000 Post Club
I'm delighted to see what kind of power Ish is putting down with the J-Line. Since I have this IC it seems I should be just fine running crazy boost once I get the X47.
[MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION] - do you have any datalogs that show CAT over one of your logging runs in 3rd or 4th?

masonsturbos

I'm seeing 6-10* increase in temps over pulls with my j-line. The same as with stock turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

masonsturbos

I mean mid 50s I'm seeing 8-10, and on stock turbo, I saw the same regardless of ambient temp- it would rise 8-10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MisSTrouble, I'm still happy to see a woman buying an X47!
Mine will be installed in 5 weeks!
Thanks! I think I'm the first female with one, but I'm not quite sure. I'm expecting mine to arrive by mid February, and then I'll be installing it myself, as I've done with everything else on this car. I'm reasonably confident I'll be able to do it, thanks to [MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION] YouTube videos, lots of PB Blaster, and some large breaker bars. His videos are pretty detailed, and I'd highly recommend them as a guide. I'll also be installing a 3" PLM downpipe at the same time, which will make my exhaust full 3" from turbo back. It'll be tuned on 93 first, with E30 to follow shortly thereafter. My car's pretty much FBO otherwise, so I'm hoping to see 280-300whp.

Pete

Thanks! I think I'm the first female with one, but I'm not quite sure. I'm expecting mine to arrive by mid February, and then I'll be installing it myself, as I've done with everything else on this car. I'm reasonably confident I'll be able to do it, thanks to [MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION] YouTube videos, lots of PB Blaster, and some large breaker bars. His videos are pretty detailed, and I'd highly recommend them as a guide. I'll also be installing a 3" PLM downpipe at the same time, which will make my exhaust full 3" from turbo back. It'll be tuned on 93 first, with E30 to follow shortly thereafter. My car's pretty much FBO otherwise, so I'm hoping to see 280-300whp.
Thank you for the shout out :) Also sometimes the O2 Sensors can be stubborn and an O2 Socket works way better rather then the wrench I was using. Make sure to remove the coolant lines to the turbo first then the heat Shields. It makes it way easier to spray lubricant on all the bolts! Good luck!

Omg not only are you a chick with a FiST that you actually modify you're actually getting an x47 AND to top it off you're installing it yourself too? Wow.....your kind are a rare rare breed to say the least lol. I think I can speak for the majority of the guys on here when I say that is AWESOME. Lol. Congrats on the purchase and good luck with it and the install etc....
LOL! I was born into a family of car enthusiasts, so I naturally got into cars. Though, I seem to be the only one that gravitated to 4 cylinder cars. I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when I install a part myself and working on cars is oddly therapeutic for me. Plus, I'm also a cheapskate who refuses to pay somebody else to work on my car when I can simply do the research, ask questions, and work on it myself. Despite the testosterone battles that rage here sometimes, this forum is full of highly skilled and knowledgeable people, and I owe many of them thanks. As for the X-47, I'm very excited about it, and I cant wait for it to get here!

Thank you for the shout out :) Also sometimes the O2 Sensors can be stubborn and an O2 Socket works way better rather then the wrench I was using. Make sure to remove the coolant lines to the turbo first then the heat Shields. It makes it way easier to spray lubricant on all the bolts! Good luck!
Yeah, I HATE that heat shield, as I've removed it before when I installed my IWG. So I'm not looking forward to doing it again. As for the o2 sensors, I got a good deal on a set of new ones, so I went ahead and purchased them, along with all the gaskets I would need for this install and the 3 DP to turbo bolts, just in case the threads stripped or something. For removal of the top one which seems to be the most troublesome one, I have an o2 socket, lots of extensions, and a 24" breaker bar on 1/2" drive. It's gonna come out, one way or another. LOL! Please keep making the excellent (and funny) videos! [twothumb]

Pete

LOL! I was born into a family of car enthusiasts, so I naturally got into cars. Though, I seem to be the only one that gravitated to 4 cylinder cars. I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when I install a part myself and working on cars is oddly therapeutic for me. Plus, I'm also a cheapskate who refuses to pay somebody else to work on my car when I can simply do the research, ask questions, and work on it myself. Despite the testosterone battles that rage here sometimes, this forum is full of highly skilled and knowledgeable people, and I owe many of them thanks. As for the X-47, I'm very excited about it, and I cant wait for it to get here!

Yeah, I HATE that heat shield, as I've removed it before when I installed my IWG. So I'm not looking forward to doing it again. As for the o2 sensors, I got a good deal on a set of new ones, so I went ahead and purchased them, along with all the gaskets I would need for this install and the 3 DP to turbo bolts, just in case the threads stripped or something. For removal of the top one which seems to be the most troublesome one, I have an o2 socket, lots of extensions, and a 24" breaker bar on 1/2" drive. It's gonna come out, one way or another. LOL! Please keep making the excellent (and funny) videos! [twothumb]
Sounds like you have done your homework pretty well. I've got a few more weeks before I get my engine back and then I can post my results on the x47 (trying to keep things on topic). The videos are fun to make for myself I just forget how much extra time they require when working on the car.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I'm seeing 29lbs/min on my chevron gas tune, what are you guys seeing on the x47?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey [MENTION=4339]WeTheNorth[/MENTION]!

I'm not tuned yet so I can't tell you for now but I'll let you know once the beaST will be tuned!

Sorry man!

[rockon]

-Seb-

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #355
[MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION]

What was your peak airflow mass values seen for each fuel types logged (below) at 3 different boost levels?

- E10/91 (24psi)
- E30/91 (26psi)
- E30/91 + Meth 50/50 (28psi)

91oct+E30+Meth(50/50mix)

E10/91 vs. E30/91 vs. E30/91 + Meth 50/50
[HR][/HR]

Also it would be interesting to compare peak airflow mass values between x-37 and x-47 results where peak boost levels are shown to be roughly the same (~24psi) ?

x47 91oct and x37 91oct

Ish

What parameter would that be in my logs? Im not sure if I had it logging.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #357
What parameter would that be in my logs? Im not sure if I had it logging.
I'm pretty sure you have been logging it...

"airflow mass lbs/min"

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #359
I guess I havent cause I dont see it lol. Ill log it next time.
That's surprising that your Tuner doesn't require that parameter to be logged when re-tuning for a turbo upgrade with different fuel types???

**Check the last tuning logs for each of the fuel types you sent to your Tuner...

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I guess I havent cause I dont see it lol. Ill log it next time.
It has to be there... I'd be floored and befuddled if it's not being logged. You have to see airflow for fuel delivery.

Edit - I will no longer be floored/befuddled. I'm wrong here, as I've learned you can calculate AFR without logging airflow. So, there's no need for surprise.