Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
Came home last night to my X-47. Shipped last Thursday and was delayed by the rain here in cali. Sent it out today to get ported. I do have a question that hopefully is not off topic. Is anybody that goes with a bigger turbo switching the weight of oil they use from the 5W-20?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Came home last night to my X-47. Shipped last Thursday and was delayed by the rain here in cali. Sent it out today to get ported. I do have a question that hopefully is not off topic. Is anybody that goes with a bigger turbo switching the weight of oil they use from the 5W-20?
I've been running 5-40 since my first oil change, many recommend it for turbo engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always run a 5w20, but after my X-47 gets here, I'm upping it to 5w30.

Personal preference. I live in the fiery hell of Texas, and the turbo upgrade adds more heat/stress to the engine, so I wanted an oil that flowed a little heavier and protected better in a warmer climate. I've always run Penn Platinum and will continue to do so. I'm no oil engineer, just a lowly metrologist, but I'm seeing many on here run significantly heavier stuff with no apparent ill effects, so I doubt that upping to a 5w30 will cause me any issues.

Pumaspeed is in the uk. Did you buy it from panda? Thats completely different

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Yeah I ordered from panda...I said that in my original post about buying this turbo.

I got word back from them though. They said they're inspecting my core now. Which should go well since it only had like 6k miles on it Haha.

Finally got my x-47 last night. I ordered it on January 11, I was starting to think it was never going to come.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Personal preference. I live in the fiery hell of Texas, and the turbo upgrade adds more heat/stress to the engine, so I wanted an oil that flowed a little heavier and protected better in a warmer climate. I've always run Penn Platinum and will continue to do so. I'm no oil engineer, just a lowly metrologist, but I'm seeing many on here run significantly heavier stuff with no apparent ill effects, so I doubt that upping to a 5w30 will cause me any issues.
I also use penn plat but run 0w-20. You want oil that lubricates at low temp. If track then maybe a heavier oil but on the road no need.

Pete

I also use penn plat but run 0w-20. You want oil that lubricates at low temp. If track then maybe a heavier oil but on the road no need.
for colder environments or during winter yes a 0W oil would be fine. Depending on what part of Texas she lives in a 5w will work just fine. As for the summer, in Texas or even Southern California where temps get over 100 degrees pretty easily a 5w-30 would be more suitable. I will be running 5w-40 in my built engine as not only do I deal with the heat but also track days.

for colder environments or during winter yes a 0W oil would be fine. Depending on what part of Texas she lives in a 5w will work just fine. As for the summer, in Texas or even Southern California where temps get over 100 degrees pretty easily a 5w-30 would be more suitable. I will be running 5w-40 in my built engine as not only do I deal with the heat but also track days.
Thanks for the info I live in tucson and was wondering what kind of oil to run for my upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #416
Reminder...

We do not allow posting street race video and discussions here on our forum...

thanks for your cooperation...

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Reminder...

We do not allow posting street race video and discussions here on our forum...

thanks for your cooperation...
What deems a video a 'street race video'? Can it be as simple as not disclosing the speed of the vehicles to deem it a valid video?

Am I breaking a rule by discussing this? I feel like a rebel...

Pete

I would say something along the lines of the smoking tire and how they do their video reviews are acceptable. But then again I am not a moderator.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #419
What deems a video a 'street race video'?
2 vehicles illegally racing side by side on a public road...

example: video posted "X47 fiesta vs Bolt ons 6.0 GTO" on a public highway

We've had this discussion a few times in the past on other threads as to what our forum policies are regarding posting street race videos and I'd rather not go off topic in this thread discussing why we do not allow them posted on our forum...

I would say something along the lines of the smoking tire and how they do their video reviews are acceptable. But then again I am not a moderator.
Agreed...

[HR][/HR]

Please PM me if you have any further questions or clarifications as to what is not allowed to be posted on our forum and please lets stay on topic..Any further off-topic comments will be removed...

Please lets get back on topic...

Thanks!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
[MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] asked me to come in here to clarify and expand on what he had already posted. We know everyone can make their own judgements so we're not going to bother to get into that. Remember that if the video is deemed too reckless then there are better places to post than here on the forum. Highway pulls are fine, but driving at a high rate of speed in residential, city streets, or highways are not. Just use your own best judgement when posting videos folks, we just want everyone to be safe.