Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #221
I'm not trying to bash or start a fight.... but what happened to the "300whp on 93" claim???

I'm sure the turbo is great and runs good, but you have to admit.. marketing strikes again!
I suggest patiently waiting to see more results from other members that will be fueling with 93oct from other parts of the country who are not using California crap gas or mixing CA 91with ethanol before attempting to dismiss claims ...

[HR][/HR]
Personally I think these results using ACN91 base fuel are actually far better than I expected to see and I'm patiently waiting for others here using 93oct from other parts of the US to post results soon...

The ~20whp difference Ish saw between e10/CA91 and e30/CA91 seem to be typical gains seen between these 2 fuel mixes...

Ish also did see a ~25whp difference between his x-37 and x-47 CA91 results...

When comparing dyno / v-dyno results I try not to get too hung up on absolute numbers (which most know will vary greatly depending on a number of variables) but rather on gains or differences seen...

masonsturbos

Agreed, we will see shortly how 93 looks. You have to remember, my e30 is 93 and E85 which is about 97 octane. Ish blends 91 and E85 which is around 94 octane- so his e30 is similar to my 93... and it is winter- I don't know how Cali does winter blended gas- but none of the gas is ideal right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Ok... I'm waiting for mason and others to post their results, but so far it doesn't look like it would be worth upgrading from x37 to x47, if you're paying full price. My buddy johnnyaf87 put down 297 or just about 300whp on a dyno with x37, e30 (93+e85), and meth.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #224
Agreed, we will see shortly how 93 looks. You have to remember, my e30 is 93 and E85 which is about 97 octane. Ish blends 91 and E85 which is around 94 octane- so his e30 is similar to my 93... and it is winter- I don't know how Cali does winter blended gas- but none of the gas is ideal right now

Yeah, Its common knowledge that our 91 pump gas here in with all its additives is crap and adding more ethanol to the mix does help some...

Our Winter Blend gas here in this region of SoCal begins Nov 1st and ends March 31st...

Here is CA Summer Blend switchover dates:
RVP fuel transition periods.jpg

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #225
Ok... I'm waiting for mason and others to post their results, but so far it doesn't look like it would be worth upgrading from x37 to x47, if you're paying full price.
I thought the 20~25hp gain Ish showed between the x-37 and x-47 was fairly significant...no? But I suppose for some that already have x37's installed that this might not justify the cost to upgrade to an x-47...

But yes, I do agree we do need to see more results because a singular set of data does not in any way establish a trend...I'm glad to see that we do have a number of folks here on the forum that will be posting results soon which will allow us to compare results and see if this trend continues...

x47 91oct and x37 91oct

When comparing dyno / v-dyno results I try not to get too hung up on absolute numbers (which most know will vary greatly depending on a number of variables) but rather on gains or differences seen...

Hello, I have installed the new turbo and other components today. First test ride, unfortunately with strong rain, very good. A question I have nevertheless, is it normal that you hear the turbo so whistle?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #227
Hello, I have installed the new turbo and other components today. First test ride, unfortunately with strong rain, very good. A question I have nevertheless, is it normal that you hear the turbo so whistle?
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...d-Turbo-Thread?p=204673&viewfull=1#post204673

So I finally got the x47 installed this morning. I did notice a lot more turbo whistle at low rpm compared to my x37. Im going to put a few more miles on it before i do my first pull but im hoping to have at least my 91oct complete by the end of the week. Ill keep anyone thats interested posted on here.

Ish

[MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION] what's the gains of e30 x47 compared to e30 x37 ?

Doesn't seem like much
I was showing around 264-268whp on vdyno for the x37 e30. So about 20whp increase.

Im not focusing so much on the peak number through my vdynos but more of the difference and they have been around the ball park on what pumaspeed stated. But since you mentioned marketing lets not forget the good old quickspool kit. Russ had my friends car tune and he claimed 337whp on stock fuel man, thats some crazy shit lol. Anyway, pumaspeed told me a 20-25whp increase and so far on all my fuels it has been around there

I was showing around 264-268whp on vdyno for the x37 e30. So about 20whp increase.

Im not focusing so much on the peak number through my vdynos but more of the difference and they have been around the ball park on what pumaspeed stated. But since you mentioned marketing lets not forget the good old quickspool kit. Russ had my friends car tune and he claimed 337whp on stock fuel man, thats some crazy shit lol. Anyway, pumaspeed told me a 20-25whp increase and so far on all my fuels it has been around there.
From the looks of it, you may be running out of fuel. Seems to be getting lean as the revs run out.

DHM1

1000 Post Club

Im not focusing so much on the peak number through my vdynos but more of the difference and they have been around the ball park on what pumaspeed stated. But since you mentioned marketing lets not forget the good old quickspool kit. Russ had my friends car tune and he claimed 337whp on stock fuel man, thats some crazy shit lol. Anyway, pumaspeed told me a 20-25whp increase and so far on all my fuels it has been around there.
Yes hitting 300whp or above is pretty hard on stock fuel. I have found with all the hybrid turbos that they just are not efficient enough to hit that 300whp mark without getting into the 13:1 AFR's. The big turbo kits like ours do it pretty easy because they have such lower exhaust pressure, lower EGT's and are alot more efficient. if your guys tuners are running 12-13:1 afr up top i would not worry about it to much we have found it pretty safe with the big turbo kits. I would be worried egt's for prolonged afr's so like top speed runs or a ton of high rpm use. Meth or Aux should smooth you right out though.

Russ

Based

I wonder what the x47 could do on 93 with aux fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ish

I'm not trying to bash or start a fight.... but what happened to the "300whp on 93" claim???

Seems like those dynos in the U.K. Read about 30whp higher huh?

I'm sure the turbo is great and runs good, but you have to admit.. marketing strikes again!
From the looks of it, you may be running out of fuel. Seems to be getting lean as the revs run out.
Yea its going lean on top for sure. Wiring the kit today so will see how that does soon.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I wonder what the x47 could do on 93 with aux fuel

running 12-13afr doesnt really hurt power just reliability due to heat build up. So with aux prob not much. Also if i add to that from the Focus and Fiesta we use very LITTLE aux on 93oct because the DI system is much more efficient to a point. When you add PI it can cause ignition timing to need to be a tad lower. Thats why we like using it with ethanol mixes or high octane fuels.

Russ

Based

running 12-13afr doesnt really hurt power just reliability due to heat build up. So with aux prob not much. Also if i add to that from the Focus and Fiesta we use very LITTLE aux on 93oct because the DI system is much more efficient to a point. When you add PI it can cause ignition timing to need to be a tad lower. Thats why we like using it with ethanol mixes or high octane fuels.

Russ
Oh ok. Man it sucks that this thing isn't making 300whp on 93

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Oh ok. Man it sucks that this thing isn't making 300whp on 93

Any Fiesta with a hybrid that make 260-280whp is stout it's not easy to do. I'm sure with the perfect set up and right conditions that the x47 could do it. But your talking about a exhaust housing that in stock form the EMAP is 40-50psi. That's a big bottle neck hence the bigger exhaust wheels that puma put in. It's the only way to make it work. But you still have a small housing volume and ar to deal with. It's products like this that one day will produce 300/320/340whp hybrids. It's just time. Guys like Tony and brian will make it happen.

Russ

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #236
PumaSpeed x-47 Hybrid e30(CA91) Results - 288whp / 303tq

x47 e30 last 4 runs

Im happy with my results, I feel like they're realistic which is key;). That being said, it pulls so much harder than my x37 ever did. Now.. time to add some meth[twothumb]
Had you run meth before with your x-37 hybrid installed?...Would be interesting seeing x-37 vs x47 meth comparison....That's if you have that data available?

Ish

Had you run meth before with your x-37 hybrid installed?...Would be interesting seeing x-37 vs x47 meth comparison....That's if you have that data available?
I was going to but then held back once i got word I was getting the x47. Barely going to wire it today lol

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #239

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
269whp? I thought that turbo was supposed to provide more power?

FORUM NAME: Ish
TURBO: PumaSpeed x-47
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Injen Intake, 2j-Racing DP, MBRP Cat-back, Mishimoto J-Line FMIC, Turbosmart IWG, GFB DV+
FUEL: e10 (91ACN)
DYNO OR V-DYNO: V-Dyno
TUNER: Tune +
RESULTS : 269whp / 295wtq (3 runs averaged)

FORUM NAME: Ish
TURBO: PumaSpeed x-47
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Injen Intake, 2j-Racing DP, MBRP Cat-back, Mishimoto J-Line FMIC, Turbosmart IWG, GFB DV+
FUEL: e30 (91ACN)
DYNO OR V-DYNO: V-Dyno
TUNER: Tune +
RESULTS : 288whp / 303wtq