Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
I'm saying in terms of getting performance out of a car. The x47 and its variants are pretty much the only thing available for the fiesta st that will put it in the 12s. More of them are failing than I would like to see because this car is my daily. I could trade my car in for a mk7 gti, put a downpipe and tune on it and run 12s. That's all I'm saying.

The ATP kit that has the Garrett GT2860r is also an option for the fiesta st to get low 12s.

This really doesn't have anything to do with the x47 as a turbo. That's why I didn't really want to have to elaborate my point because it's just off topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The new GTI's do pretty well from just a tune, it's pretty crazy how much is left on the table. Only downside, you will have to replace the clutch, and possibly the flywheel.

Based

The new GTI's do pretty well from just a tune, it's pretty crazy how much is left on the table. Only downside, you will have to replace the clutch, and possibly the flywheel.
Yeah it's insane how much power they get from intake, downpipe, and tune. But I think an x47r fiesta would beat one.

A7xogg

Mk7 gtis were throwing turbos away left and right when they first came out. Also timing components on all vehicles turbos motors suck

Yeah it's insane how much power they get from intake, downpipe, and tune. But I think an x47r fiesta would beat one.

My x47r is installed and all set on 91 octane. I pull on gtis, 5.0 mustangs ect...it all depends on the mods. I am now in the process of e 30. I'll make sure to post actual dyno results for everyone. I went from an x37 to the x47r. IMHO, the x47r feels a tad faster than my x37 on e30. Curious to see what e30 will do.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My x47r is installed and all set on 91 octane. I pull on gtis, 5.0 mustangs ect...it all depends on the mods. I am now in the process of e 30. I'll make sure to post actual dyno results for everyone. I went from an x37 to the x47r. IMHO, the x47r feels a tad faster than my x37 on e30. Curious to see what e30 will do.
Was the impeller actually red on yours?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I've been seeing pressure as high as 28.5 psi, holding solid at around 27. While wrapping up my tune, I asked Alex from stratified about it, here's what he had to say:

The higher boost pressure you are seeing is at lower engine speeds where the turbo does not need to spin as quickly to achieve the airflow required to generate this much boost. I don’t see this as an issue – even the OEM turbo can achieve these boost pressures at lower RPMs.

Hope this helps.
If its any help I seem to have pretty much the exact same psi on my x47r here in the UK. Peak of 28.5 psi and then tapers down to 26.7 - 27.5psi. Running on 98ron fuel which is same as your 93 + e30??? [???:)] sorry not really clued up on ethanol as we dont really get in over here

I don't see even close to those pressures (my map is a 1.7 bar limit) so unless people have optimistic gauges I'd say thats too much. On the dyno on a 20 second pull it would peak at 25psi at 4300rpm and hover between 24.5-25psi all the way to the redline. I'd say get your gauges checked first and ask your tune what the max limit should be, below 3000rpm its capped to 21psi by the software then gradually tapers upwards and still manages to hit 303 lb ft peak. This run was done on a stock diverter valve, and its the X47+, not the R.

21056089_511021299248966_5103760274969834859_o.jpg

I don't see even close to those pressures (my map is a 1.7 bar limit) so unless people have optimistic gauges I'd say thats too much. On the dyno on a 20 second pull it would peak at 25psi at 4300rpm and hover between 24.5-25psi all the way to the redline. I'd say get your gauges checked first and ask your tune what the max limit should be, below 3000rpm its capped to 21psi by the software then gradually tapers upwards and still manages to hit 303 lb ft peak. This run was done on a stock diverter valve, and its the X47+, not the R.

View attachment 15520
That is strange that both are gauges are reading 28psi. The gauge could easily be wrong as my OBD only reads 22/23psi max where as gauge reads as high as 28.5psi. Getting a dyno run early next month so will need to check the data from that and if I'm only running 22/23 psi boost up the actuator slightly

Messing around at a 1/4 mi funday I managed to trap 106.6. babied the car off the line and 1st gear. Well ignore it took 14.3 to do the 1/4 haha

All in the trap my man.
I'm sure I could squeeze out a higher speed. My first run I hit the Rev limiter in 2nd and 3rd lol...managed 106.1mph. second run I think I shifted too early cause I didn't want a repeat. Did the 106.6

My last run I missed 3rd so it was terrible.

In need of driver mod bad!

LILIKE16ST

I would say based on what you've said and the limited info I'm going off of the car could easily go low to mid 13 at 107-108. The trap won't change alot but if you did the things you said I'm sure it could Def be higher. Def need driver mod lol. Is your x47 FIST the quickest car you've owned? I was jw because maybe you're not used to rowing gears in something with a little ass behind it lol. I've owned a few mustangs that were faster than my light modded tune fiesta..bolt on 97 cobra full bolt on 03 mach 1 and a 95 gt with a trick flow top end kit 347 stroker motor with a 5 speed and 410s. Def not the fastest cars around by any stretch but certainly faster than my fiesta lol. I'm used to driving things with a little bit of power behind them and power shifting fast has never been much of an issue for me it kind of came natural I guess but I'm far from the best.

Based

I would say based on what you've said and the limited info I'm going off of the car could easily go low to mid 13 at 107-108. The trap won't change alot but if you did the things you said I'm sure it could Def be higher. Def need driver mod lol. Is your x47 FIST the quickest car you've owned? I was jw because maybe you're not used to rowing gears in something with a little ass behind it lol. I've owned a few mustangs that were faster than my light modded tune fiesta..bolt on 97 cobra full bolt on 03 mach 1 and a 95 gt with a trick flow top end kit 347 stroker motor with a 5 speed and 410s. Def not the fastest cars around by any stretch but certainly faster than my fiesta lol. I'm used to driving things with a little bit of power behind them and power shifting fast has never been much of an issue for me it kind of came natural I guess but I'm far from the best.
I never can really understand how people miss shifts lol. I missed shifts for abut a week but then I learned to back hand it into 4th and just palm it up into third. Easy

LILIKE16ST

I never can really understand how people miss shifts lol. I missed shifts for abut a week but then I learned to back hand it into 4th and just palm it up into third. Easy

It is pretty easy in this car shifts like butter.......palm to third backhand to 4th is something I learned from my fox body sn95 mustang days so that's how I did it in this car from the start lol