Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

LILIKE16ST

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe fuel will determine weather or not you see the full 10-20 hp difference. For example people are hitting 280 whp on 93 with the x47 hard for me to see people hitting 300 whp on 93 with the r. Seems the fuel would limit it at that point. The lower the fuel grade the faster the fuel system gets maxed. Do I have this correct?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe fuel will determine weather or not you see the full 10-20 hp difference. For example people are hitting 280 whp on 93 with the x47 hard for me to see people hitting 300 whp on 93 with the r. Seems the fuel would limit it at that point. The lower the fuel grade the faster the fuel system gets maxed. Do I have this correct?
Yes, fuel is the limiting factor for sure. I agree with you. I plan on going to aux fuel once stratified releases their system. For now, I'll be on 91 and occasionally e30.

Brura22

If peeps can hit 300 with the MRX on 93, shouldn't the same be had with this turbo? When talking about fuel.
Yes our fuel system can support 300 on 93.
Can this turbo make 300 on 93? Has anyone done it yet? They're very much different turbos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based

Yes our fuel system can support 300 on 93.
Can this turbo make 300 on 93? Has anyone done it yet? They're very much different turbos

Yeah the mrx has a MUCH steeper powerband

Curious how many of you have an increased redline? If so what mods and is it still making power up there?

Brura22

Curious how many of you have an increased redline? If so what mods and is it still making power up there?
7000 is widely accepted.
That's what mine is, but the answer is no, very rarely is the peak power at redline, or the prime gear changing point at redline either.

LILIKE16ST

Yes, fuel is the limiting factor for sure. I agree with you. I plan on going to aux fuel once stratified releases their system. For now, I'll be on 91 and occasionally e30.
That is what I thought. If course 280 to the wheels is plenty for me. Wouldn't mind running that daily and being tuned for e30 so I can occasionally run 300 ish to the ground for fun and for the track etc. I live 40+ miles from the nearest ethanol so it isn't practical to run it all the time on my daily driver which this car is.

That is what I thought. If course 280 to the wheels is plenty for me. Wouldn't mind running that daily and being tuned for e30 so I can occasionally run 300 ish to the ground for fun and for the track etc. I live 40+ miles from the nearest ethanol so it isn't practical to run it all the time on my daily driver which this car is.
You know I felt your pain. I ran ethanol on the x37 probably 7 to 8 times. It's definatley a big difference from the 91 tune. I want the ethanol feeling all the time hence why i went with the x47r. Curious to see how it turns out. It arrives Wednesday. Pumaspeed is no joke when it comes to shipping their products. I'll keep u posted on the progress. I plan on taking my 37 to the dyno before I do the swap so I at least know how much more was gained. Stay tuned.

Based

I'm curious what the 47r will do. I'm considering it but I don't know if I will like the higher powerband

jeff

2000 Post Club
You know I felt your pain. I ran ethanol on the x37 probably 7 to 8 times. It's definatley a big difference from the 91 tune. I want the ethanol feeling all the time hence why i went with the x47r. Curious to see how it turns out. It arrives Wednesday. Pumaspeed is no joke when it comes to shipping their products. I'll keep u posted on the progress. I plan on taking my 37 to the dyno before I do the swap so I at least know how much more was gained. Stay tuned.
I'm curious what the 47r will do. I'm considering it but I don't know if I will like the higher powerband
[MENTION=4142]SwAp GaS[/MENTION] sold me his X47 and put the X47R on his car. He said the difference was pretty substantial in the upper mid range and the top end. Maybe he will chime in more. He did add a Puma header too I believe which I'm sure helped.

Based

[MENTION=4142]SwAp GaS[/MENTION] sold me his X47 and put the X47R on his car. He said the difference was pretty substantial in the upper mid range and the top end. Maybe he will chime in more. He did add a Puma header too I believe which I'm sure helped.
Ah ok that's interesting. I mean I don't even know how often these cars can handle revving to 7500. My redline is 7000 and when I go past 6000 it starts sounding like it's gonna explode lol.

The X47r is supposed to make like 20hp more than the x47 (plus?), so I'm def interested in it but idk how real turbo lag feels so I don't know if I'd like it.

Some great results this week from my workshop, the original X47 pulling just over 290whp on stock exhaust, sports cat, stock crossover, stock diverter which is crazy. Secondly my friend running an X47R did 302WHP on a stock frame intercooler (but uprated core) so more to come, temps in the cell 27c. Another one yesterday topping 305WHP on the X47+, 345bhp flywheel on decat, 27c cell temps again! I have yet another X47R on the dyno tomorrow and I'm expecting at least 305WHP if we can keep the temps down. Plain and simple these are killer units that deliver on their promise. The X47R is a little laggier than the X47+ but the top end is absolutely relentless, feels like it will never stop.

Glad to be hearing some good things about the X-47R as I've just purchased one in the UK, can't wait til it arrives and to get it fitted. mapped in and dyno'd [giddy]

Based

Some great results this week from my workshop, the original X47 pulling just over 290whp on stock exhaust, sports cat, stock crossover, stock diverter which is crazy. Secondly my friend running an X47R did 302WHP on a stock frame intercooler (but uprated core) so more to come, temps in the cell 27c. Another one yesterday topping 305WHP on the X47+, 345bhp flywheel on decat, 27c cell temps again! I have yet another X47R on the dyno tomorrow and I'm expecting at least 305WHP if we can keep the temps down. Plain and simple these are killer units that deliver on their promise. The X47R is a little laggier than the X47+ but the top end is absolutely relentless, feels like it will never stop.
Awesome! Amazing! I'm concerned about the lag but the power is very good

Hi guys,
I only have octane 91 near home, and I think (I know) I won't go to aux fuel, so I will tune to 91 only and no other.

My question is :
Will it be profitable to get an x47 or even x47+, instead of the x37 or x27 (that will not be maxed due to the poor fuel)?

In other words, I think I will prefer the early spool of the x27 or x37, and the same top end than x47 (due to the limiting HPFP combined with the 91octane). But maybe I'm wrong...

Awesome! Amazing! I'm concerned about the lag but the power is very good

Don't be - Boost threshold even on the X47R in testing yesterday was hitting 1.5 bar at 2790rpm, 1.6 bar by 3000rpm and throttle response still very good, if i'm honest this surprised me considering the degree of cut back. It's a good old fashioned big wheeled small housing turbo that manages to give you the best of everything, amazing top end power and drivability. From graphs I've seen, you just done see that from other off the shelf larger turbo units.

Based

Don't be - Boost threshold even on the X47R in testing yesterday was hitting 1.5 bar at 2790rpm, 1.6 bar by 3000rpm and throttle response still very good, if i'm honest this surprised me considering the degree of cut back. It's a good old fashioned big wheeled small housing turbo that manages to give you the best of everything, amazing top end power and drivability. From graphs I've seen, you just done see that from other off the shelf larger turbo units.
You're only pushing 23psi? 1.6 bar is 23psi

You're only pushing 23psi? 1.6 bar is 23psi

I was giving an example of the spool and boost threshold, not peak boost. For what its worth, peak boost 1.8 bar 4000rpm to 5200rpm, then steady 1.7 bar to 7000rpm. We ran the X47R this morning and it made 305WHP 304lb ft.

Based

I was giving an example of the spool and boost threshold, not peak boost. For what its worth, peak boost 1.8 bar 4000rpm to 5200rpm, then steady 1.7 bar to 7000rpm. We ran the X47R this morning and it made 305WHP 304lb ft.
Ooooohhh ok! Cool. Who tuned your car?
And is that on 93?