Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
Who's running a 2jr cowl intake with their x47?

Just picked up a used one since the stock intake fits like garbage. Was gonna be a crossover pipe and hose but those are so expensive for what you get!

Who's running a 2jr cowl intake with their x47?

Just picked up a used one since the stock intake fits like garbage. Was gonna be a crossover pipe and hose but those are so expensive for what you get!
I had the 2j on my x37. Ran great. The only issue is its super loud. That's why you see them for sale in the forums. Ran mine for 3 months. I couldn't do it anymore. Good luck. Spool sounds ate amazing. Worst at 2k rpms to 4k.

I had the 2j on my x37. Ran great. The only issue is its super loud. That's why you see them for sale in the forums. Ran mine for 3 months. I couldn't do it anymore. Good luck. Spool sounds ate amazing. Worst at 2k rpms to 4k.
I've been warned. Gonna pick up some dynamat for the cowl a d try to make some kind of barrier between the cabin intake.

LILIKE16ST

I am starting to think 2jr intake plus sound deadened cowl and possibly other mods is the way to go (to quiet it down)

Emailed my tuner and he isn't a fan of the 2jr intake. So now I'm debating if I should bother installing it or put it for sale again lol

::Edit:: talked to my tuner again and said if I want it just for some turbo sounds to run it, but its not gonna help power at all.

Last edited:
Emailed my tuner and he isn't a fan of the 2jr intake. So now I'm debating if I should bother installing it or put it for sale again lol

::Edit:: talked to my tuner again and said if I want it just for some turbo sounds to run it, but its not gonna help power at all.
Fwiw and you probably already know this but pretty much all intakes have a nice sound. Only reason I got my injen

Fwiw and you probably already know this but pretty much all intakes have a nice sound. Only reason I got my injen
Yeah but as far as the 2j is concerned it's way too loud. I'm running the Injen and I love it aside from it drawing hot air from the engine bay. My advice something that keeps the stock airbox such as the Cobb or the CP-e uses its own airbox but draws from outside of the engine bay. Couple that with the bigmouth from velossa tech and you should have a good setup. That's my plans for the future :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's on! Ugh....I'm exhausted. Everything seemed to go smoothly till I started it up. Got a lot of smoke coming up front the cowl area. I'm hoping it was from pb blaster sprayed on manifold and downpipe bolts/nuts. Took a very easy drive around the block a few times and the smoke seems to have gone away.

I guess you can change me to installed.
HA! Exact same thing here. Penetrating spray burning off the headers almost gave me a heart attack

Im not on Facebook so like I said, not posted here ;)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
That was me. I didn't post here because I still don't know the cause. It could be install related although I doubt it. It could also just be a fluke and a one in a million defect. From my correspondence with them it seems like if that is the case they will take care of me.

Last edited:
Yeah but as far as the 2j is concerned it's way too loud. I'm running the Injen and I love it aside from it drawing hot air from the engine bay. My advice something that keeps the stock airbox such as the Cobb or the CP-e uses its own airbox but draws from outside of the engine bay. Couple that with the bigmouth from velossa tech and you should have a good setup. That's my plans for the future :)

Cpe and velossatech would be the ideal setup, but $550 msrp together...ugh.. lol

The used 2jr seems like a deal at 1/3rd or the price and not a "warm air" intake.

I might install it just to see if I can handle how loud it is

Cpe and velossatech would be the ideal setup, but $550 msrp together...ugh.. lol

The used 2jr seems like a deal at 1/3rd or the price and not a "warm air" intake.

I might install it just to see if I can handle how loud it is
You are very right about that. Exactly why I went with the Injen in the first place! Price lol. You never know you might like it. Or try the sound deadening and see if that works it's certainly less than $550 I'd say!

You are very right about that. Exactly why I went with the Injen in the first place! Price lol. You never know you might like it. Or try the sound deadening and see if that works it's certainly less than $550 I'd say!

MAP intake is a nice medium between stock and the 2jr. Sounds like a bov with some nice spooling noises on top but isn't too loud. Its pretty cheap as well.

My results from this morning. 1.65 bar peak, X47, Wagner cooler, ITG Induction, Forge Recirc, Peron Sports Cat, Mongoose Cat Back, CP Progressive Actuator. Same Dyno has seen 292bhp from a V1 hybrid.

Dastek does read a little low on torque compared to other dynos. Absolutely loving the car right now!

19453004_10154674062847606_787001975647425846_o.jpg 19466335_10154675510182606_4191076168200305669_o.jpg 19467813_10154675509907606_7868512432784626132_o.jpg

curious if anyone dyno'd with a stock catback and then again with aftermarket catback. wondering if i should put one one my mod list lol

LILIKE16ST

curious if anyone dyno'd with a stock catback and then again with aftermarket catback. wondering if i should put one one my mod list lol
I would just about bet money there are gains to be had with an aftermarket catback vs stock catback when running an x47 setup. 3 inch would be fine but you really don't need more than 2.5 unless going over 300 whp as I have read 2.5 doesn't become a restriction until that point and most x47 setups won't do more than that so I'd say 2.5 is fine. The gains may not be huge but it will be more of a gain than upgrading exhaust with stock turbo and even with stock turbo there are small gains. I'd say it's worth it. I'm gonna run a custom 2.5 inch straight piped catback as I think it sounds really good straight piped. I'm currently straight piped with stock piping but will later upgrade to 2.5 inch piping and a depo catless dp which necks from 3 down to 2.5 once I go x47. If it's unbearable loud I can also throw on a high flow muffler I got my eyes on a Borla xr1 race muffler. I've heard they outflow straight pipes so that would work out nicely. The intake and exhaust on this car isn't much restriction on stock turbo which is why gains are minimal....the turbo itself is the restriction. However once the turbo is upgraded the gains from said items will become larger and larger depending on how well the turbo of choice flows because the said stock items WILL be a restriction at that point. I would say if you ran a properly tuned x47 with completely stock intake and exhaust then changed those out it would be worth a minimum of 20 whp possibly more and gains through the entire rpm band but that's just a guess it would be cool if someone actually tested something like this.

What kind of tires are you guys running with the x-47 and how is your traction. My boss is going to buy me any set of wheels and tires I want along with a LSD but I dont know what to get. I have a set of wheels and tire for winter and a set for summer so these will just be for street racing and the drag strip.