Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
PumaSpeed x-47 Hybrid Turbo Summary of Reported Results by Forum Members (as of 2/17/2017):

272whp to 316whp (depending on tune / fuel / mods)

[HR][/HR]

PumaSpeed releases X-37's big brother the X-47 hybrid turbo

Welcome the New X-Series Fiesta champion the X-47... Development of a New X-Series Turbo doesn't just happen over night. Its taken 9 months of design, development and testing to get the performance power and spool just where you demand it.

The new turbo has the ability to spool to full Boost as low as 2200 revs and continue to flow and make power over 7500, that's a huge 5000 wide band of sheer pleasure.

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-...-Billet-7-Blade-Hybrid-Turbocharger_17318.jsp

PumaSpeed x47 1.jpg

PumaSpeed x47 2.jpg

PumaSpeed x47 3.jpg

[HR][/HR]
PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Dyno Results:

x-47 dyno data 2.jpg
Fiesta ST Bolt-on Modifications List:

• X-47 Hybrid Turbo and Large Bore Turbo Elbow
  • 3 inch Catless DP
  • Stock Exhaust
  • R-Sport Pro Intercooler
  • R-Sport Hot Side IC Pipe
  • LTG Long Induction Kit
  • Large Bore Intake Cross-Over Pipe

[HR][/HR]
PumaSpeed x-47 Hybrid Boost Profile:

~1.4 bar (20psi) @ 2250rpm
~1.8 bar (+26psi) from 2450rpm to 7100rpm

Red Line = x-47 Boost Profile
Blue Line = Stock Boost Profile

X-47 Boost Profile.jpg

[HR][/HR]
PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid / Dyno Results:

Owner: MisSTrouble

Turbo: PumaSpeed X47

Fuel: e50

Tuner: Tune+

Modifications List: MAP Intercooler, MAP Intake, Tune+ IWG, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Hot/Cold Charge Pipes, PLM 3" catless DP, CP-E catback, GFB DV+

Results: 332whp / 350tq

[HR][/HR]
PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid / V-Dyno Results:

Owner: Ish

Fuel: CA 91 octane

Modifications List:
  • Injen Intake
  • 2j-Racing Downpipe
  • MBRP Exhaust
  • Mishimoto J-Line FMIC
  • Turbosmart IWG (17psi)
  • GFB DV+
Results: 269whp / 295tq (3 runs averaged) - 272whp max

[HR][/HR]
PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid / V-Dyno Results:

[HR][/HR]
Owner: Ish

Fuel: e30(CA91)

Modifications List:
  • Injen Intake
  • 2j-Racing Downpipe
  • MBRP Exhaust
  • Mishimoto J-Line FMIC
  • Turbosmart IWG (17psi)
  • GFB DV+
Results: 288whp /303wtq

[HR][/HR]
FORUM NAME: Masonsturbos
TURBO: PumaSpeed x-47
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Injen Intake, 2j-Racing DP, Mishimoto J-Line FMIC
FUEL: 93 Octane
DYNO OR V-DYNO: V-Dyno
TUNER: Panda MotorWorks
RESULTS : 285whp / 297wtq

[HR][/HR]
FORUM NAME: Ish
TURBO: PumaSpeed x-47
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Injen Intake, 2j-Racing DP, MBRP Cat-back, Mishimoto J-Line FMIC, Turbosmart IWG, GFB DV+
FUEL: e30 (91ACN) + meth (50/50)
DYNO OR V-DYNO: V-Dyno
TUNER: Tune +
RESULTS : 311whp / 313wtq (3 runs averaged) - 316whp (max)

Last edited:

Pete

Yeah pumaspeed was offering me to upgrade my x37 but I just couldn't commit to the funds to upgrade yet until I know my rebuild isn't going to cost me any more money. I was told $600 to upgrade the x37 to the x47 for those curious.

I'm very interested, sadly it isn't for order yet. Was about to pull the trigger on an x37 but now I'll wait for this or maybe dyno charts for the Cyborg 39

Rhinopolis

I'm very interested, sadly it isn't for order yet. Was about to pull the trigger on an x37 but now I'll wait for this or maybe dyno charts for the Cyborg 39
I have recently become a part of a Facebook ST community in Houston, and over the last two weeks I have sold my stock wheels, a Cobb intake, and a oil catch can that I made to fit my FiST. If I decide that I like this option, I can likely and easily sell my x37. Definitely looking forward to more details.

Could you guys stop making the hybrid turbo decision making process so hard? K thx

C39 vs. X37 vs. X47 vs. Peron's Turbo etc.

It's a good time to want power.

Pumaspeed must be betting the farm on the X-47: "designed to replace the older and outclassed...X-37."

It's never good marketing to disparage your own products, especially while you still are selling them.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #8
Pumaspeed must be betting the farm on the X-47: "designed to replace the older and outclassed...X-37."

It's never good marketing to disparage your own products, especially while you still are selling them.
I thought it was an interesting / telling statement made as well...

"A unique custom designed shaft was commissioned, code named the C45, this new 45mm diameter unit was designed to replace the older and outclassed C39 39mm diameter blade set previously used on the X-37 and X-27 Hybrids. The visual differences are quite astonishing... "
PumaSpeed x47 3.jpg

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #9
PumaSpeed X-47 with following options..

• No Turbo Exchange
  • Large Bore Turbo Elbow
  • TurboSmart Actuator
  • GFB DV+
PumaSpeed x47 1A.jpg

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #11
Agreed...

Its amazing how many Turbo options are now available for the FiST and its been great to see companies continue to improve upon their existing turbo designs over the past year...

Competition is a very good thing for all of us!

For the money it honestly seems like an amazing option. I planned on the DFV+ and an upgraded actuator, not to mention a very nice price on the DFV+. $1600 with no return :). I don't want to be hasty but this seems like another amazing option, which I'm hoping we wont be waiting months for results.

PumaSpeed X-47 with following options..

• No Turbo Exchange
  • Large Bore Turbo Elbow
  • TurboSmart Actuator
  • GFB DV+
View attachment 12547

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #13
FYI...

I just received an update from PumaSpeed who was very quick to respond...

Keep in mind that PumaSpeed developed the X-47 as a result of continuing to improve their hybrid turbo product line where their goal was to produce a fast spooling turbo also capable of delivering even higher hp compared to the X-37 hybrid...

Preliminary tests have been completed and further dyno testing is currently continuing on 3 FiSTs both here Stateside and in the UK where results are showing that the new X-47 is very quick spooling with full boost occurring @ +2200rpm, a broader torque response, and producing roughly +20whp more than the current X-37 hybrid turbo...

Also, you'll be able to purchase PumaSpeed's X-47 Hybrid Turbo through a new stateside Vendor (Panda Motorworks) once final dyno testing has been completed both here in the US and UK within the next week or so...

I do have more details but promised I would not post them until formally released...

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So happy to see more hybrid options. This is exciting stuff. Once CP-E gets their manifold ready this will make for a sick upgrade.

Commendable how pumaspeed continues to improve the product and keep the price so reasonable. The x-27 thru 47 are each about $100 apart. It's a wonder they even still list the 27. Who wouldn't spend around 200 more and just go with the big dog?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

This sounds very good in theory. I guess for my purposes though, without an LSD the 300whp is going to be a total tire roast on the track. Unless I can do boost by gear and unleash the 300whp in 3rd-5th...

Preliminary tests have been completed and further dyno testing is currently continuing both here Stateside (by new Vendor) and in the UK where results are showing that the new X-47 is spooling much quicker with full boost now occurring @ +2200rpm, along with a broader torque response, and producing roughly +20whp more than the current X-37 hybrid turbo...

Also, you'll be able to purchase PumaSpeed's X-47 Hybrid Turbo through a new stateside Vendor (that is also a COBB ProTuner) which will be announced very soon once final dyno testing has been completed both here in the US and UK within the next week or so...

I do have more details but promised I would not post them until formally released...
When they say full boost at 2200 RPM, where are they starting these pulls? Or are they saying 2200 RPM from where the pull is started? Also who's the vendor so I can throw my money at them?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #18
When they say full boost at 2200 RPM, where are they starting these pulls? Or are they saying 2200 RPM from where the pull is started?
@1700rpm ~14psi / @2200rpm hits full boost...

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
PumaSpeed's New X-47 Hybrid Turbo

So happy to see more hybrid options. This is exciting stuff. Once CP-E gets their manifold ready this will make for a sick upgrade.

Commendable how pumaspeed continues to improve the product and keep the price so reasonable. The x-27 thru 47 are each about $100 apart. It's a wonder they even still list the 27. Who wouldn't spend around 200 more and just go with the big dog?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The same kind of people who won't spend a few thousand more for the big dog. It's all relative.

Some Guy On The Internet