Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

Pete

Here's my final numbers from a nice day for boosting:
270 hp 300 ft*lbs

Graph looks good! I am noticing most x47's are tapering their boost down to the low 20's in the high rpm's As crazy as it sounds on 100 octane I am holding 27-26 to redline. Numbers are amazing but not posting results yet. :)

jeff

2000 Post Club
Graph looks good! I am noticing most x47's are tapering their boost down to the low 20's in the high rpm's As crazy as it sounds on 100 octane I am holding 27-26 to redline. Numbers are amazing but not posting results yet. :)
Be careful, Pumaspeed has said multiple times on these threads that boost for an X47 should hold at 25.4 and no greater, for the sake of reliability. I've seen many tuned differently to hold a higher boost and talked in length to my tuner Adam about this. His advice was stick to the 25.4 and don't risk breaking the turbo. I know you have a built motor but it's the turbo we're talking about. Be careful!

My X47 doesn't taper either, boost holds strong around 25 until right at redline.

For 100 octane are you using pump race gas or an additive/concentrate? I'm at 99 with the Race Gas concentrate and vdyno is showing me right close to 300/300. Dyno will tell all next month...

Pete

Be careful, Pumaspeed has said multiple times on these threads that boost for an X47 should hold at 25.4 and no greater, for the sake of reliability. I've seen many tuned differently to hold a higher boost and talked in length to my tuner Adam about this. His advice was stick to the 25.4 and don't risk breaking the turbo. I know you have a built motor but it's the turbo we're talking about. Be careful!

My X47 doesn't taper either, boost holds strong around 25 until right at redline.

For 100 octane are you using pump race gas or an additive/concentrate? I'm at 99 with the Race Gas concentrate and vdyno is showing me right close to 300/300. Dyno will tell all next month...
I'm not worried about reliability as I don't drive the car as a primary vehicle anymore. If the turbo does go I have a local turbo shop that rebuilds and upgrades turbos. They have been converting stock Mazda turbos from journal bearings to ball bearing set ups. So I kinda want that haha. Not planning on marketing it though as I don't want to be the next "sourskittle" in case anything goes wrong. As for 100 octane I'm using pump at $8.99 a gallon. Your vdyno numbers seem about right. Due to my higher compression I maxed out on timing early on as I could make more power with a higher octane. Fuel delivery isn't the issue with 100 octane like it is with e30. I need more octane for knock resistance!

jeff

2000 Post Club
I'm not worried about reliability as I don't drive the car as a primary vehicle anymore. If the turbo does go I have a local turbo shop that rebuilds and upgrades turbos. They have been converting stock Mazda turbos from journal bearings to ball bearing set ups. So I kinda want that haha. Not planning on marketing it though as I don't want to be the next "sourskittle" in case anything goes wrong. As for 100 octane I'm using pump at $8.99 a gallon. Your vdyno numbers seem about right. Due to my higher compression I maxed out on timing early on as I could make more power with a higher octane. Fuel delivery isn't the issue with 100 octane like it is with e30. I need more octane for knock resistance!
Cool man good to hear. I'm not trying to be a nanny, but I have been following your build and all your woes and problems and saw a red flag there, but it's your car and money, to each his own. I look forward to seeing your final results!

Another thought, you might enjoy my race gas concentrate review thread, you will get the octane you want for far less money than the pump stuff!!

Pete

Cool man good to hear. I'm not trying to be a nanny, but I have been following your build and all your woes and problems and saw a red flag there, but it's your car and money, to each his own. I look forward to seeing your final results!

Another thought, you might enjoy my race gas concentrate review thread, you will get the octane you want for far less money than the pump stuff!!
I actually plan on running just 91 for weekends and local autocross. I'll reserve the 100 for track days. I have read your review. I have two pumps super close to me for the 100 octane. So it is easy to get. My 91 and e30 tune are around the 25psi of boost. With the short gear ratios the car feels way faster then the power it is making. Having a race car means breaking stuff. Got to pay to play haha.

masonsturbos

Pete- more tunes with boost tapering up high is to help with the lean conditions with the stock fuel system. Aux fuel and/or 100oct makes that tapering unnecessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

With the disappearance of the c39, the underwhelming results of the MRX, and the lack of progress from Vargas it seems Puma's turbos are a pretty good choice. So glad I made the right choice.

Sorry haven't followed all your posts...what happened to yours?
About 200 miles after I finished tuning the turbo seized and the nut fell off the compressor wheel. Not sure in which order.

It took me about 2 months to send the unit back to pumaspeed. They got it on Thursday and I got an email today with a DHL tracking number and it has already been picked up from pumaspeed. I haven't heard back but I'm assuming this means they have covered it under warranty. If they didn't I would have been charged for a new unit at cost.

Very happy with the way they handled it. There are plenty of x47's rolling around in my area still without issue. Just a fluke.

About 200 miles after I finished tuning the turbo seized and the nut fell off the compressor wheel. Not sure in which order.

It took me about 2 months to send the unit back to pumaspeed. They got it on Thursday and I got an email today with a DHL tracking number and it has already been picked up from pumaspeed. I haven't heard back but I'm assuming this means they have covered it under warranty. If they didn't I would have been charged for a new unit at cost.

Very happy with the way they handled it. There are plenty of x47's rolling around in my area still without issue. Just a fluke.
Not only did they cover it under warranty, they gave me a free upgrade. Well done Pumaspeed

Still terrible at driving. 14.25 @ 106.86 last night. Only got 2 tries because someone got stuck in the sand and then a biker went down at 140mph.

LILIKE16ST

Still terrible at driving. 14.25 @ 106.86 last night. Only got 2 tries because someone got stuck in the sand and then a biker went down at 140mph.
With that trap speed you could easily be in the lower 13s with ease and possibly even 12s with some slicks and great driving. Def need some work on the driver mod it's the more important of mods!!!! Lol