Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
Anyone with X47R installed and tuned? What does your spool look like. I'm in the early stages of tuning and it seems to be a bit laggy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete

Anyone with X47R installed and tuned? What does your spool look like. I'm in the early stages of tuning and it seems to be a bit laggy.

My buddy (forgot his username on here) has his done with the tuning. I installed the x47r for him. I noticed the lag as well but man does it hit hard when boost is on. It does have more lag then a normal x47 (I currently have on my car) and makes the x37 feel like it doesn't have lag at all. The lag isn't crazy but you do have to wait half a second to a second before being thrown back in your seat.

Nice. I'll report back when I'm finished tuning but as of right now it's super laggy

I believe the x47r just moved the boost curve to the higher rpms like a non hybrid but not as bad.

masonsturbos

Aux should be on, seeing a 12.99 on street tires at 110 brings hope of a 12.6. Gotta get there before I swap turbos to a gen 2 2867.
I want to prove a x47 can be as quick as a quick spool dhm kit since most ran 12.6-12.8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pete

Attached is a vdyno of my built engine with the x47 (blue line) and [MENTION=5283]PBST03[/MENTION] x47r with stock engine. Both of us are running e30 and running out of fuel. These runs were taken in really hot weather so the numbers are not as high as others have posted due to the cars reducing power/timing because of the heat. When compared to my x37 in similar weather (ran out of fuel as well) the numbers all match up. These turbo's do need AUX fuel, water meth, or race fuel.

Attachments

jeff

2000 Post Club
Attached is a vdyno of my built engine with the x47 (blue line) and [MENTION=5283]PBST03[/MENTION] x47r with stock engine. Both of us are running e30 and running out of fuel. These runs were taken in really hot weather so the numbers are not as high as others have posted due to the cars reducing power/timing because of the heat. When compared to my x37 in similar weather (ran out of fuel as well) the numbers all match up. These turbo's do need AUX fuel, water meth, or race fuel.
You can enter barometric pressure and temperature in the virtual program and it will give you so much more accurate numbers. Also, the second bottom graph makes it look as though a tiny person is driving the car with the lack of weight added, if you add the appropriate weight it would also reflect more accurate numbers.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
What was ambient temp?

Pete

You can enter barometric pressure and temperature in the virtual program and it will give you so much more accurate numbers. Also, the second bottom graph makes it look as though a tiny person is driving the car with the lack of weight added, if you add the appropriate weight it would also reflect more accurate numbers.
That is the actual weight of my fiesta (I have had it weighed) and I am a tiny person at 160-165 pounds :)

Temps were above 90+ degree's

jeff

2000 Post Club
That is the actual weight of my fiesta (I have had it weighed) and I am a tiny person at 160-165 pounds :)

Temps were above 90+ degree's
You only weigh about 10 pounds more than me so don't feel too alone! You must have done some serious weight reduction to your car then.

But seriously about the temperature and barometer, if you were to enter in the actual temperature instead of the default it would give you a more accurate reading.

Your graph shows what I've heard about the comparison between those two turbos, that the R has more top end but also more lag. Kinda shifts the power band to the right a bit.

Now, how do you like your new set up?

Pete

You only weigh about 10 pounds more than me so don't feel too alone! You must have done some serious weight reduction to your car then.

But seriously about the temperature and barometer, if you were to enter in the actual temperature instead of the default it would give you a more accurate reading.

Your graph shows what I've heard about the comparison between those two turbos, that the R has more top end but also more lag. Kinda shifts the power band to the right a bit.

Now, how do you like your new set up?
Also keep in mind I have 11:1 compression in my engine. So when comparing the x47 with my built engine to my stock engine with the x37 it shows that my x47 has "less lag" The weirdest thing is not feeling lag but hearing it. I can literally hear my turbo spooling up but the car is already moving at a good rate. Then when the boost does come on it is a bit wild. The shorter gear ratio's make it feel way faster. I have video's coming up showing what I mean. I love having my car back but it seems that every time I try to improve it more I break something else haha. Racecar problems I suppose. Also yes I have removed quite a bit and it gets lighter for track days as well. This is my street driving weight for the car, 2582 with 3/4 of a tank of fuel.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Gd numbers with a gd data plot Pete. I Vdynoed my car on a 90 degree evening with stupid humidity in the 80-90% range. Made about 270. E30 moving about 27lbs a min. Air temps on theses cars make a huge difference.

Hey [MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION] I'll be in SD this week if you want to meet up. I'd love for you to maybe check out my car with the X47R. I think I'm having some issues with it.

Pete

Hey [MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION] I'll be in SD this week if you want to meet up. I'd love for you to maybe check out my car with the X47R. I think I'm having some issues with it.

Tomorrow works for me. Pm me your contact info and we can discuss what is happening with your car.

Could be possible he's planning a build to rev past 7k...