Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

jeff

2000 Post Club
people are seeing near 300 with just 93 octane. not sure how power doesnt go up with more fuel and boost.
I don’t think that’s accurate. 300 happens with ethanol or octane added. 93 gas brings about 270. There are a few virtual dynos out there showing it closer to 300 on pump gas but those are virtual dynos which mean nothing.

I will second having Stratified do your tune, it takes a little while from revision to revision but it's well worth it.
Sounds good, I bought the turbo from Fury Motoring and once I get it I'll contact Stratified see if they have any package deals for the extra bits they normally sell with their turbos and tune. I'd like to get it setup how they recommend if I'm getting a tune from them.

people are seeing near 300 with just 93 octane. not sure how power doesnt go up with more fuel and boost.
Can't add much more boost. Pumaspeed has stated multiple times, in multiple settings, that the turbos are not to be spun beyond 25psi. That's why there haven't been any failures to speak of in the UK, and us Americans keep breaking ours. We buy a turbo for it's response down low, and then beg our tuners to take them to the ragged edge.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Can't add much more boost. Pumaspeed has stated multiple times, in multiple settings, that the turbos are not to be spun beyond 25psi. That's why there haven't been any failures to speak of in the UK, and us Americans keep breaking ours. We buy a turbo for it's response down low, and then beg our tuners to take them to the ragged edge.

My turbo has peaked over 28 psi and I have put about 10k on it. No failure yet. On e50 and stratified tune this is what it made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
My turbo has peaked over 28 psi and I have put about 10k on it. No failure yet. On e50 and stratified tune this is what it made.

Good numbers. Mine hits 28 too but hangs around 25.5 for about 4000 if the RPMs. Where does yours hang once at full power? That’s the safety question.

felopr

it can peak to 1.9bar, that is around 27-28psi but sustain is 1.8bar or 26psi. That is a recommendation from pumaspeed for not overspining the turbo

felopr

it can peak to 1.9bar, that is around 27-28psi but sustain is 1.8bar or 26psi. That is a recommendation from pumaspeed for not overspining the turbo

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #1,089
So, here’s my final numbers from the dyno today! X47 aux fuel E50. [MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION], would you please update my data on the first page?

Done...

Impressive results btw!

felopr

So, here’s my final numbers from the dyno today! X47 aux fuel E50. [MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION], would you please update my data on the first page?

Saw the FB post, impressive to say the least. Did you ever tune it for 93 or the crappy cali 91 for comparo reasons?

Fantastic!

FANTASTIC! Not even the R version and look at these numbers.

Don't blow it up! Very happy for you MisS!
Thank you! Boost initially peaks at like 27, but drops to 25-26 for the rest of the run. I’ve got over 40k miles on my X47. If it pops, I won’t be too upset. Lol

LILIKE16ST

Wow...those are some very strong numbers and that graph is amazing. I see it gets up to about 350 torque around 3k which is expected but gets back up there again around 4k and even higher and stays relatively flat and the hp and very linear all the way to redline...I can imagine this setup being very fast on the street from any speed any gear....impressive....

Pete

Someone is going to make me make some "bad decisions" and start over again :) After tasting the speed and power there will always be that want to have it again. Smiles for miles for sure! Great job!

Someone is going to make me make some "bad decisions" and start over again :) After tasting the speed and power there will always be that want to have it again. Smiles for miles for sure! Great job!
Nothing wrong with having a fast Polestar AND a fast Fiesta! [deviltail] I’m honestly curious to see what can be done on the OEM system, but I do hope that the mod bug bites again at some point. I really enjoy your YT vids.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

bravo on the entire build, tune and process here

following for next steps of your build....

This might have been answered previously in the thread already, but how do AFRs look on an X47 up top (6k RPMs + ) running e30 on stock fueling?

I'm installing my x47 in a few weeks and I'm trying to figure out if i should add e30 to my custom tuning. I'm worried its going to lean out up top and blow something to bits.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

Which aux fuel system are you running? Any particular reason for running E50 over E30 or straight E85?