Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
Ouch! Lol

Isn't tune+ working on one? Wonder if it'll be any cheaper

I guess next up is a cat back and hotside charge pipe.
I wouldn't count on it being cheaper, as it's a 4 injectors and a plate instead of just one. $1,300-$1,500 range is more likely.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I wouldn't count on it being cheaper, as it's a 4 injectors and a plate instead of just one. $1,300-$1,500 range is more likely.
Spoke with stratified not long back. Pricing will be about the same as the Fost kit. So you are very close.

More results from this week on my ST200.

Spec list -

X47+ turbocharger with large bore inlet elbow
Ported and gasket matched exhaust manifold by Team47
Test calibration for Euro 6 ST180 by Maxd/Pumaspeed
Forge Motorsport Recirc valve
Collins Performance Progressive actuator
Peron 90mm downpipe with 200 cell catalyst
Mongoose 3 inch cat back
Wagner Competition Intercooler
Team 47 Velocity hotside pipe/Pro hose silicone boost pipes
Team47 Symposer Delete
ITG Maxogen v2 induction and Crossover pipe

295.3 WHP 288lb ft. Ambient temp 75 f. Max attained boost 1.7 bar. Super low EGT's at 808c and AFR 11.8-11.9 @ max 175 bar rail pressure and low % stft. Still room for more on stock fuel system. Remember we are on a sports cat so completely legal. Running Shell V-Power 99 octane, equivalent to your 93.

Attachments

masonsturbos

Wanted a 12.99, walked away with a 13.06... oh well.
For being a shitty prepped midnight madness track and first time in slicks, I'll accept it for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dont feel down hearted
I went to a strip and did
13.04 ON AN x47 PLUS

dam SO CLOSE!!!

my son went tot he same strip with an X27 and ran 12.97 IN THE SAME CAR 2 YEARS AGO..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

masonsturbos

Haha that doesn't help, I want a 12.99 and it's so within reach. I'll get there, just didn't happen my first time on slicks

Based

So it's a traction issue not a power issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanted a 12.99, walked away with a 13.06... oh well.
For being a shitty prepped midnight madness track and first time in slicks, I'll accept it for what it is.

What was your mph & 60' with the slicks? Taller than stock? Prep at MM at Gateway definitely sucks!

LILIKE16ST

So it's a traction issue not a power issue

I think it is Def a traction issue. The trap speeds people run along with the cars power to weight ratio both say that 12s are Def doable with the right traction. Like was mentioned someone went high 12 on x27.

LILIKE16ST

Can you message me your weight reduction mods?

If he messages you, would you mind messaging me with what he said? [like]
I'll post here so you both can see along with anyone else who may be interested (although nothing too crazy)

Braille 11.5 lbs batt (-18.5 stock was 30)
Muffler and resonator delete (approx 20 lbs)
Spare and Jack delete (-40 approx)
All 3 rear headrests and cargo floor delete (-12 lbs combined)
15x8 pro race 1.2 with bfg 195 tires (-24 lbs will be another 8 once I get lighter tires)

That is it as of now it comes out to around 115 lbs total but I run the depo fmic which is about 9 lbs more than stock so that negates some so it's probably just over 105 lbs as of now and I have a base st with no recaros and no moonroof which to my understanding comes in around 2720 stock (I seen a loaded fiesta st weighed on here with a full tank and it came to 2760 so I can see one being 40 lbs less with no heated recaros heated mirrors and power moonroof). So according to that I'm around 2615 with a full tank I'd say that is pretty close.

Future reduction will be lighter tires for around 8 lbs off and a carbon fiber hood around 13 or so more alum flywheel at some point probably 12-15 more along with dhm front and rear crash bars I think that should get me close to the 2550 mark. I still have the rear seat all speakers ac etc and that I won't do away with on this car it's a daily. This car isn't hard to get weight out of and if you wanna go to another level the rear seat is 60 alone you could easily get her down there pretty good and obviously the ac and light weight front seats among other things you could get it in the low 2400 range without sweating too much on it

I'll post here so you both can see along with anyone else who may be interested (although nothing too crazy)

Braille 11.5 lbs batt (-18.5 stock was 30)
Muffler and resonator delete (approx 20 lbs)
Spare and Jack delete (-40 approx)
All 3 rear headrests and cargo floor delete (-12 lbs combined)
15x8 pro race 1.2 with bfg 195 tires (-24 lbs will be another 8 once I get lighter tires)

That is it as of now it comes out to around 115 lbs total but I run the depo fmic which is about 9 lbs more than stock so that negates some so it's probably just over 105 lbs as of now and I have a base st with no recaros and no moonroof which to my understanding comes in around 2720 stock (I seen a loaded fiesta st weighed on here with a full tank and it came to 2760 so I can see one being 40 lbs less with no heated recaros heated mirrors and power moonroof). So according to that I'm around 2615 with a full tank I'd say that is pretty close.

Future reduction will be lighter tires for around 8 lbs off and a carbon fiber hood around 13 or so more alum flywheel at some point probably 12-15 more along with dhm front and rear crash bars I think that should get me close to the 2550 mark. I still have the rear seat all speakers ac etc and that I won't do away with on this car it's a daily. This car isn't hard to get weight out of and if you wanna go to another level the rear seat is 60 alone you could easily get her down there pretty good and obviously the ac and light weight front seats among other things you could get it in the low 2400 range without sweating too much on it
Thank you. Some of these are pretty practical for a daily driver which would help save on gas in addition to the performance advantages.

LILIKE16ST

Thank you. Some of these are pretty practical for a daily driver which would help save on gas in addition to the performance advantages.
Exactly mine is a daily and these are very practical mods. The braille battery is awesome it's very small but plenty of power to crank this little motor I have never noticed any difference at all since installing it on the way it starts. It's perfect for a daily as long as the car is started regularly there won't be any issues unless you're in very very cold climates as in below 0 regularly. Cold cranking amps on it are 360 vs 500 for the stocker which isn't that much different and I don't forsee it being an issue even in winter unless you live in a very cold place as I mentioned. If it's not started pretty regularly it needs to have a battery charger on it for agm batts but I drive mine daily so no issues here. The rear headrests are useless for almost everyone and are very big and bulky and just get in the way anyways I prefer them removed and removing the rear floor and spare just gives you more cargo space which is a good thing considering there isn't that much stock. The advantages are all around acceleration braking handling and mpg and the car just feels more nimble as a whole especially with lightweight wheels. The wheels and tires are the most important of all the reduction and the good thing is with the mods I have planned the weight distribution should not be far off from stock so dynamics are unchanged.

Based

Exactly mine is a daily and these are very practical mods. The braille battery is awesome it's very small but plenty of power to crank this little motor I have never noticed any difference at all since installing it on the way it starts. It's perfect for a daily as long as the car is started regularly there won't be any issues unless you're in very very cold climates as in below 0 regularly. Cold cranking amps on it are 360 vs 500 for the stocker which isn't that much different and I don't forsee it being an issue even in winter unless you live in a very cold place as I mentioned. If it's not started pretty regularly it needs to have a battery charger on it for agm batts but I drive mine daily so no issues here. The rear headrests are useless for almost everyone and are very big and bulky and just get in the way anyways I prefer them removed and removing the rear floor and spare just gives you more cargo space which is a good thing considering there isn't that much stock. The advantages are all around acceleration braking handling and mpg and the car just feels more nimble as a whole especially with lightweight wheels. The wheels and tires are the most important of all the reduction and the good thing is with the mods I have planned the weight distribution should not be far off from stock so dynamics are unchanged.
I was considering getting that Braille battery but didn't know if it was good for a daily or not. I'm gonna get it now though thanks. Does the stock battery really weigh 30lbs though? Did you weigh it?

LILIKE16ST

I was considering getting that Braille battery but didn't know if it was good for a daily or not. I'm gonna get it now though thanks. Does the stock battery really weigh 30lbs though? Did you weigh it?

The 11.5 lbs braille I have is the one you should go with anything smaller isn't ideal for a daily IMO but this one works fine. And yes the stock batt weighs 30 lbs I weighed it myself and I also confirmed it by seeing someone else on here (acceljunkie I beieve) weigh there's at 30 also. That's almost 20 lbs off the nose without even having to relocate the battery and that much can Def be felt it helps turn in and overall crispness of the handling it was noticeable to me and I've seen others say the same. I don't recommend relocating because that's a pretty good chunk saved without it plus the weight of the large gauge wire you have to add plus the rear batt box and stuff for relocating which adds some of the weight back and offsets it and keeping it up front makes it easier to return to stock if need be. I Def recommend this batt to anyone who drives daily and doesn't live in Antarctica lol (just kidding but you get the idea) with 360 cold cranking amps I don't see it being all that much worse than stock on that front as it is just rated at 500 cca

Based

The 11.5 lbs braille I have is the one you should go with anything smaller isn't ideal for a daily IMO but this one works fine. And yes the stock batt weighs 30 lbs I weighed it myself and I also confirmed it by seeing someone else on here (acceljunkie I beieve) weigh there's at 30 also. That's almost 20 lbs off the nose without even having to relocate the battery and that much can Def be felt it helps turn in and overall crispness of the handling it was noticeable to me and I've seen others say the same. I don't recommend relocating because that's a pretty good chunk saved without it plus the weight of the large gauge wire you have to add plus the rear batt box and stuff for relocating which adds some of the weight back and offsets it and keeping it up front makes it easier to return to stock if need be. I Def recommend this batt to anyone who drives daily and doesn't live in Antarctica lol (just kidding but you get the idea) with 360 cold cranking amps I don't see it being all that much worse than stock on that front as it is just rated at 500 cca
Alright cool thanks man. I wish my car didn't come with the sunroof... Idk how much that adds but I'm sure at least 20lbs. So far I have everything in the rear (tire, Jack, floor) out. I'll remove the rear headrests and get that battery soon. After I get this x47 I'm gonna save for rpf1's so that's another 40lbs weight loss. Maybe I'll be at 2650 or so.

Ford Community Posts