Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

Victor

Ordered and paid core charge on the 2nd from pumaspeed, due to come in tomorow (Delaware). Cant wait to install this week

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I have had my x47 for a week but have been waiting on the base tune to install it. I got tired of waiting so I installed my x47 this Saturday and bought a Stratified tune.
Very nice!! Alex doesn't stop til the tune is 100%, just don't expect tunes the next day but his revisions feel different every time. Therefore, you know he's ACTUALLY tuning you. The drivability is what sold me on stratified tbh. You're gonna love it.
Well guys you need to contact him via Facebook he's really under staffed right now so he's doing his best he really been helping me out with getting allot of the tuning and he Next day allot stuff over to that was left out of my kit. He's tuning building and shipping everything by him self right now. Just have a little patience and contact him via Facebook usually replies very fast if he's not under a car. Trust me I was in the same shoes a couple weeks ago but he calmed me down and got everything over to me. Trust me it's worth the wait
No excuse. If you're going to pocket the money be prepared to provide the product/service. All these companies bitch and moan about lack of staff, be prepared for a bad review or the loss of a customer.

Very nice!! Alex doesn't stop til the tune is 100%, just don't expect tunes the next day but his revisions feel different every time. Therefore, you know he's ACTUALLY tuning you. The drivability is what sold me on stratified tbh. You're gonna love it.

No excuse. If you're going to pocket the money be prepared to provide the product/service. All these companies bitch and moan about lack of staff, be prepared for a bad review or the loss of a customer.
Well then you go give them a bad review there buddy while I'll play the tiniest violin for you

From what I understand, it seems that Pumaspeed can't keep enough cores on hand and it's causing delays. Also, from what I was told, Customs is delaying the large shipments. A single turbo ordered direct from PS doesn't seem to trigger them, but large quantities of 15 or 20 OEM-looking turbos shipped to suppliers like Panda sets them off for some reason, and they hold them. I don't really know why.

From what I understand, it seems that Pumaspeed can't keep enough cores on hand and it's causing delays.
There are several people in this thread who have mentioned leaving theirs on the shelf until it gets warmer out. I'm not surprised at all that they're having an issue keeping cores around.

Well guys you need to contact him via Facebook he's really under staffed right now so he's doing his best he really been helping me out with getting allot of the tuning and he Next day allot stuff over to that was left out of my kit. He's tuning building and shipping everything by him self right now. Just have a little patience and contact him via Facebook usually replies very fast if he's not under a car. Trust me I was in the same shoes a couple weeks ago but he calmed me down and got everything over to me. Trust me it's worth the wait
That's absolutely fine with me. There's a company that I ordered product from in September of 2015 (yes, 2015, not 2016) and they keep me in the loop in terms of what is going on and whats happening. I knew going into it that I would be waiting and when I get it I'll be good to go. The way that it seemed when I purchased the turbo was that I would be in the first shipment of turbos. That didn't happen which is totally fine. But don't tell me that I'm in the first shipment. Not only that I'm seeing people here saying they've ordered after I did and I still have nothing. Not only that, I paid for the core and said that I wouldn't be sending mine back up front.

I have the x37 and I couldn't ever imagine being on the k39 again, ever. It will be worth the wait, just sucks these companies behave this way.
At what point is it not worth the wait?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
At what point is it not worth the wait[emoji780]

Well if I could let you take my car for a drive,( only running the x37 FYI) you would make that decision rather fast.

Nevertheless, for me the car feels complete. Handles amazing (even on winters and also thanks to the meisterR's) and pulls so smooth and powerful (thank you Alex).

For a DD it's just a blast to drive, after having the car for a year and the turbo for half that time period. It truly transforms the car in its entirety; I would say it's worth the wait 110%.

I read a long time ago that this car would be perfect @250/250 with/if not close to stock like spool, and that's roughly where I think my car sits ATM (Canadian gas=piss[emoji30]). I would say I am content with my purchase of the x37; can't wait to do e30!

I've talked to a member who's had both and say the x47 is all that and then some.

Thought I'd give you somewhat of a more detailed response, sometimes it's needed with big/right purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's absolutely fine with me. There's a company that I ordered product from in September of 2015 (yes, 2015, not 2016) and they keep me in the loop in terms of what is going on and whats happening. I knew going into it that I would be waiting and when I get it I'll be good to go. The way that it seemed when I purchased the turbo was that I would be in the first shipment of turbos. That didn't happen which is totally fine. But don't tell me that I'm in the first shipment. Not only that I'm seeing people here saying they've ordered after I did and I still have nothing. Not only that, I paid for the core and said that I wouldn't be sending mine back up front.

At what point is it not worth the wait?
Just contact them via Facebook and tell him what's up. I just spoke to him lil while ago about fine tuning my tune.

masonsturbos

Chris responds quick on Facebook, the emails must be viewed in order that they are sent and that takes longer, same with tunes.
If you have any questions directly message Troy or chris and I'd almost gaurentee you get a response within 24hrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have mine sitting at home, just waiting on my large bore exhaust manifold to arrive (which should be tomorrow) then it is off to get them both ceramic coated to keep engine bay temps in check an install at the end of this month.

Completed the x47 install. Wasn't all that bad took maybe around 8 hours over a few days. Probably going to drive around at 0% WGDC for a week or 2 just to make sure everything is still ok. Haven't done a full sweeping pull but was able to get to 5750rpm in 3rd gear and had airflow of 21.8 lbm/min at 12.1 psi. I believe the highest I've seen on my stock turbo is around 23 lbm/min at 23 psi . So 1st glance the x47 seems to be moving some decent air. As for the sound there is definitely a noticeable difference over stock. The funny description of sounding like R2D2 when shifting may be close. Wondering if it is almost compressor surge but I have no experience with that and if that is good or bad??

Fuel: 93

Tuner: RSLO for now

Modifications List:
COBB Intake
COBB catted Downpipe
COBB Exhaust
COBB FMIC
Turbosmart IWG (11psi) set at 1.5mm preload
GFB DV+
Stock Manifold

DvC

https://youtu.be/qld-pnjRIfQ

Not my video but actually sounds just like this with little to no boost under throttle closure. Not sure if it is the turbo, GFB DV+, or combination of both.
Thats my video. Pretty sure its the gfb operating normally at low boost. I bought another one to see if something was wrong but the new one sounded the same at low boost, both on stock turbo and cyborg.

Thats my video. Pretty sure its the gfb operating normally at low boost. I bought another one to see if something was wrong but the new one sounded the same at low boost, both on stock turbo and cyborg.
Awesome. Thanks and glad to hear.

masonsturbos

I'm showing around 290 on e30. Still early on in the tuning process- we had some temp correction table problems early on but those have been resolved and allowing us to tune now.
We are at 25psi and around 10.5* of Timing. Yes- we are out of fuel up top, but timing is still relatively low so I think we may be able to break 300 on e30 which would make me giggle
I also didn't know I had Cobb tc enabled in the tune, without that on... second gear is about as pointless as it gets. Spins from a 40 roll:))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro