Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
hey florida st, you are gonna be supper pleased. it is going to be like a whole new animal. tune + will be fine. mx37 has two slots, one for e30 one for 91 octane. 220 and 255 hp. so the x47 is just a bit better, lol.
....if you do not have good sockets, extentions, rachets, etc. get some. you do not want rounded, stripped, broken hardware. you will need a good oxgen sensor socket also. bob

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Hey boys... picked up an X-47 with a Turbosmart plumb back and Mountune wastegate today, should have it next week. Any must do tips or tricks to installing this? I have an AP, a 2J catless DP and a Mountune IC already. Green filter in the stock intake.

I think I should be ok but the Mountune may need to be upgraded, not sure yet. Thinking of going with Adam at Tune+ for tuning. :)

Make sure whatever tuner you use doesn't have a waiting list or you might be without a drivable car. I used Tune + and it went quick and easy.

LILIKE16ST

Hey boys... picked up an X-47 with a Turbosmart plumb back and Mountune wastegate today, should have it next week. Any must do tips or tricks to installing this? I have an AP, a 2J catless DP and a Mountune IC already. Green filter in the stock intake.

I think I should be ok but the Mountune may need to be upgraded, not sure yet. Thinking of going with Adam at Tune+ for tuning. :)

You may need to upgrade the mountune. I've heard people rising a decent amount with it on stock turbo it may have a hard time cooling an x47. I would go with depo or whoosh both are cheap and well made and work well even with hybrids. I can't hardly get my depo to go more than 7-8 degrees above starting temp on a full 4th gear pull in 60-70 degree weather with stock turbo and a strat e30 tune. I've heard they work well with hybrids too. That's my recommendation for the price. Good luck with your build and keep us posted.

LILIKE16ST

hey florida st, you are gonna be supper pleased. it is going to be like a whole new animal. tune + will be fine. mx37 has two slots, one for e30 one for 91 octane. 220 and 255 hp. so the x47 is just a bit better, lol.
....if you do not have good sockets, extentions, rachets, etc. get some. you do not want rounded, stripped, broken hardware. you will need a good oxgen sensor socket also. bob
Is that 220 and 255 on a Mustang dyno because those numbers seem a little low for an x37. Just based on what I've seen. On a Mustang dyno then I could see they read a lot lower

lil ike, boyracer is a sarcastic moniker. I am 63 years old and therefore my mods are more conservative along with my expectations. my car has been on several cross country trips. due varied gas quality, ragged edge tunes do not suit me. besides I already got a bbf car to be an ass with. not ranting just letting you know what my mind set was with the tune. bob

LILIKE16ST

lil ike, boyracer is a sarcastic moniker. I am 63 years old and therefore my mods are more conservative along with my expectations. my car has been on several cross country trips. due varied gas quality, ragged edge tunes do not suit me. besides I already got a bbf car to be an ass with. not ranting just letting you know what my mind set was with the tune. bob
Oh so you're just running a conservative tune that will work with all fuels. I see now. Either way that's still a pretty good jump over stock even compared to a raged edge tune (on stock turbo)

pwnall1337

Vendor
Had my x47r tuned on e50 on the mustang dyno friday night, made 302whp/322 wtq and on 25 shot made 336 whp /340wtq. Numbers seemed low, probably because I was using aggresive load control to properly tune the aux fuel side to make sure there was enough fuel at all times to compensate for the spray. My car is 800 miles on it and I've never clutch dumped, or launched it, but racing my friends phase 2 roush 2017 mustang 727hp or 640 whp my clutch started slipping yesterday from a 50 to 100 roll 3->4. Then did a 2nd gear run and my clutch gave out entirely. Smelled like crap, I let the clutch cool off and I'm just driving it out of boost until I can find a new clutch with a much higher holding capacity than stock. I'm guessing on a dyno jet it's making around 330whp/350wtq no nos and with nos 370whp/380 wtq, but I need to put it on a dynojet to verify. But the aggressive tq curve from 3800 to 7 destroyed my clutch after 3 runs.

x47r 27.5 psi peak down low, 26 up top and 25.5 by 7k MBT timing on E50 vs x47r with 25 shot pre turbo. You can see the drastic tq increase over the turbo with and without the spray. I'm pretty sure this destroyed my clutch. No other fiesta I know of makes that kind of tq at that rpm.

I adjusted the spray to hold to 7100 so it doesn't fall off, but that's the only graph I have comparing the spray vs no spray.

LILIKE16ST

Had my x47r tuned on e50 on the mustang dyno friday night, made 302whp/322 wtq and on 25 shot made 336 whp /340wtq. Numbers seemed low, probably because I was using aggresive load control to properly tune the aux fuel side to make sure there was enough fuel at all times to compensate for the spray. My car is 800 miles on it and I've never clutch dumped, or launched it, but racing my friends phase 2 roush 2017 mustang 727hp or 640 whp my clutch started slipping yesterday from a 50 to 100 roll 3->4. Then did a 2nd gear run and my clutch gave out entirely. Smelled like crap, I let the clutch cool off and I'm just driving it out of boost until I can find a new clutch with a much higher holding capacity than stock. I'm guessing on a dyno jet it's making around 330whp/350wtq no nos and with nos 370whp/380 wtq, but I need to put it on a dynojet to verify. But the aggressive tq curve from 3800 to 7 destroyed my clutch after 3 runs.

x47r 27.5 psi peak down low, 26 up top and 25.5 by 7k MBT timing on E50 vs x47r with 25 shot pre turbo. You can see the drastic tq increase over the turbo with and without the spray. I'm pretty sure this destroyed my clutch. No other fiesta I know of makes that kind of tq at that rpm.

I adjusted the spray to hold to 7100 so it doesn't fall off, but that's the only graph I have comparing the spray vs no spray.
That's impressive I hadn't heard of anyone else running nitrous in combo with an upgraded turbo like this. That is some of the highest torque I've seen on any fiesta let alone alone at that rpm. These clutches usually hold up well even after turbo upgrades because the torque shifts higher in the power band and is easier on the clutch but you're making some of the highest torque I've seen at a lower rpm it's no wonder the clutch gave way. Did you get any clean runs with that roush? I imagine you'd keep up better than most would think from a roll. Good luck with the rest of your build its impressive thus far

pwnall1337

Vendor
That's impressive I hadn't heard of anyone else running nitrous in combo with an upgraded turbo like this. That is some of the highest torque I've seen on any fiesta let alone alone at that rpm. These clutches usually hold up well even after turbo upgrades because the torque shifts higher in the power band and is easier on the clutch but you're making some of the highest torque I've seen at a lower rpm it's no wonder the clutch gave way. Did you get any clean runs with that roush? I imagine you'd keep up better than most would think from a roll. Good luck with the rest of your build its impressive thus far
Spec stage 3 clutch is on the way, going to re surface the flywheel since it's basically brand new.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
So, here’s my final numbers from the dyno today! X47 aux fuel E50. [MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION], would you please update my data on the first page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those are the type of number I'm wanting to achieve once I go bigger turbo.

How does one get E50 blend? I'm not an expert on blended gases.

LILIKE16ST

Miss trouble has awesome numbers on her x47. It would be really cool to run e50 just because of the mixing convince alone plus more powwaaa. I wonder if numbers close to that would be possible with an mrx? I am kind of leaning more towards that because of the garret core and the reliability factor. When I upgrade the turbo I want it to be something that's going to last me trouble free for 100k+ without worry and I think the mrx has a better chance of doing that. I also don't think it's a terrible thing to have the power curve shifted upwards a bit. If two cars have the same peak power but one has it higher in the Rev range chances are that car is going to be the faster car in a race all things being equal because when you're all out racing you're not at 3-4k rpm very much other than maybe first gear or right off the hit in whatever gear you're in. Once you redline the first gear the rest of the time you're going to be well north of 4k rpm so having the power up there is a good thing. I don't want super laggy either and I think the mrx does that well. I have not seen many pushing it that far with aux fuel and such it'd be nice to see what it would be capable of in a similar build to miss troubles x47. I love the x47 and I'm sure they can be reliable as well if done right I would just feel more comfortable with the garret core making that kind of power for the long haul trouble free. I'm new to turbo cars this is my first one so I'm trying to learn as I go.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Miss trouble has awesome numbers on her x47. It would be really cool to run e50 just because of the mixing convince alone plus more powwaaa. I wonder if numbers close to that would be possible with an mrx? I am kind of leaning more towards that because of the garret core and the reliability factor. When I upgrade the turbo I want it to be something that's going to last me trouble free for 100k+ without worry and I think the mrx has a better chance of doing that. I also don't think it's a terrible thing to have the power curve shifted upwards a bit. If two cars have the same peak power but one has it higher in the Rev range chances are that car is going to be the faster car in a race all things being equal because when you're all out racing you're not at 3-4k rpm very much other than maybe first gear or right off the hit in whatever gear you're in. Once you redline the first gear the rest of the time you're going to be well north of 4k rpm so having the power up there is a good thing. I don't want super laggy either and I think the mrx does that well. I have not seen many pushing it that far with aux fuel and such it'd be nice to see what it would be capable of in a similar build to miss troubles x47. I love the x47 and I'm sure they can be reliable as well if done right I would just feel more comfortable with the garret core making that kind of power for the long haul trouble free. I'm new to turbo cars this is my first one so I'm trying to learn as I go.
I swear bro I was thinking the same thing today about aux fuel and the mrx! I didn't want to start a new topic about it. I also like the idea of the power moving up the rpm range. Having all that torque down low is not necessarily good for the car. Moving the torque up in the rpms is better for the transmission and better for knock resistance. I think it's better for lspi too? Not sure. Helps mpg too when your just putting around town. Still kinda wish the mrx was just a smidge bigger but I guess mountune thought if they didn't really push the car it would be good for engine longevity and help them keep there good name. My 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

I swear bro I was thinking the same thing today about aux fuel and the mrx! I didn't want to start a new topic about it. I also like the idea of the power moving up the rpm range. Having all that torque down low is not necessarily good for the car. Moving the torque up in the rpms is better for the transmission and better for knock resistance. I think it's better for lspi too? Not sure. Helps mpg too when your just putting around town. Still kinda wish the mrx was just a smidge bigger but I guess mountune thought if they didn't really push the car it would be good for engine longevity and help them keep there good name. My 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Would be a lot easier on engine transmission everything else if the power band was shifted up a tad

Do you have different emission standards in the USA with the Fiesta ST? We in Europe have Euro 5 and the stricter Euro 6, which came in September 2014 and
allows less tuning

So I bought a low mileage used X47 and I'd like some advice before I do the install as I'd like to do everything at once. Here's my current setup:

2016 FiST
Cobb AP
Green filter in stock air box
Stock RMM
MBRP exhaust
MBRP hotside pipe
2J catless DP (not installed)
Mountune IC
15" Team Dynamics w/ BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2 195/55R15

My X47 has a Turbosmart wastegate and recirc already. I know I need a larger IC and am looking at a Whoosh. Anything obvious that I need to upgrade or any suggestions? I'm going to buy the recommended new bolts and gaskets. Thanks!

So I bought a low mileage used X47 and I'd like some advice before I do the install as I'd like to do everything at once. Here's my current setup:

2016 FiST
Cobb AP
Green filter in stock air box
Stock RMM
MBRP exhaust
MBRP hotside pipe
2J catless DP (not installed)
Mountune IC
15" Team Dynamics w/ BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2 195/55R15

My X47 has a Turbosmart wastegate and recirc already. I know I need a larger IC and am looking at a Whoosh. Anything obvious that I need to upgrade or any suggestions? I'm going to buy the recommended new bolts and gaskets. Thanks!
I don't have any firsthand experience with the x47 but everything you have listed looks good. I would add colder plugs.