Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Right Front Speaker Cutting Out

My front right speaker intermittently kicks off. It sometimes stays off for several minutes then it can just kick back on. I believe it's the mid/low speaker and not the tweeter. Is this an issue for anyone else?

My front right speaker intermittently kicks off. It sometimes stays off for several minutes then it can just kick back on. I believe it's the mid/low speaker and not the tweeter. Is this an issue for anyone else?
My driver side tweeter went out the same way. Ended up replacing it after it kicked out for the last time and never came back. Haven't had an issue with it since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
My driver side tweeter went out the same way. Ended up replacing it after it kicked out for the last time and never came back. Haven't had an issue with it since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you replace it with aftermarket tweeter or oem?

Sent using Tapatalk

My drivers side speaker goes out sometimes and i have to turn the volume up and it turns back on.

DangerMouse

So I used Bluetooth for the first time, too listen to a podcast, Saturday night. I rarely listen to the radio but I do use bt for calls.

Soon as the podcast started playing the whole right side went out. I went through all sources, radio, siriusxm and no sound from the right side.

Turned it all off and started over and it worked just fine. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

The speakers they put in these cars are crap. I always had issues with my 2014 ST, and sometimes I have issues in my 2016 ST. I'm going to order all new speakers and upgrade the factory sound system eventually.

DangerMouse

I don't want to replace the speakers in this car. I've done stereo builds in all my cars and this one I want to leave alone. I just don't listen enough to make it worth it. To me, my problem seems to be an issue with the radio, not the speaker itself? Unless it is a bad connection at the speaker but then I would think it would be cutting in and out frequently. I'll see if it keeps happening and I'll have to take it in.

OP
M
Thread Starter #8
I was planning on having them check it out next time I get an oil change, my car has 32k miles on it, so I'll bring it in around 35k. I can't tell if it's just the tweeter or the mid or a combo of the two that cut outs. It usually doesn't cut out when I'm stopped, sigh.

Unfortunately the speakers on our cars do suck. I've already had 2 go out, they both would cut out and I'd have to turn up the volume to get them back on. I do wish the stock stereo was better though since it's supposed to be their premier system lol.

OP
M
Thread Starter #10
If it is the speaker, does anyone know of any good direct replacement speakers for the front?