Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Issue with loose bracket on '16 Mishimoto CAI

Hey guys.

I just installed the '16 Mishi intake and I followed the youtube install video, but the bracket that connects to the top of the engine is not tight.
I reused one of the rubber grommets and metal sleeves from the stock intake braket, but it will not keep the intake in place tightly.

I feel like the metal sleeve inside the rubber grommet is too long and won't compress the rubber onto the Mishi intake bracket strongly enough, but that's just a guess.
Has anyone who installed this intake run into this problem or have a fix for it?

Thanks,

mishimoto1

Hey [MENTION=5489]OguNinja[/MENTION],

Apologies for the delay! Would you happen to have any pictures showing the issue you're having?

-Diamaan

OP
OguNinja
Thread Starter #4
I will try to take some pictures tomorrow, but if you look at the bracket, there is a lot of space in the gap where the rubber grommet and metal sleeve go through and you can't screw it down enough to keep it locked in the position you want.
I put some washers like OffTheWall did, but it still moves ever so slightly and rattles against the engine or something at low rpms.

I put 3 washers on the metal sleeve so when you push it into the rubber grommet, it is on top.

mishimoto1

I will try to take some pictures tomorrow, but if you look at the bracket, there is a lot of space in the gap where the rubber grommet and metal sleeve go through and you can't screw it down enough to keep it locked in the position you want.
I put some washers like OffTheWall did, but it still moves ever so slightly and rattles against the engine or something at low rpms.

I put 3 washers on the metal sleeve so when you push it into the rubber grommet, it is on top.
Got it, that information is appreciated.

Just got a cel cause of mine hitting the engine on top 3 different times... P0016.. tighten up that top bracket with washers, cleared the fault and car started up with no problems...love this intake but causing me too many problems and now thinking CP-E..

OP
OguNinja
Thread Starter #7
I feel the same way. I know the intake doesn't do much for cars with the stock turbo, but I got a good deal on it through Whoosh and I know the CP-E intake will cost more for sure.
I may end up selling it if I don't get the fixed fitting to fix the P144C error I just got today.

I'm just not a big fan of the 2nd snorkel on CP-E's intake since I have the velossatech big mouth which would provide more than enough air.
I'll reconsider once they release theirs.

I'm using the 2015 with the MAP adapter and haven't had the P144C error yet.. I too got mine from Ron. I'm running every thing CP-E so the intake is the last of theirs I need. I think running the Velossatech with the extra snorkel be alot of fresh air..