Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford GT

Some start starting to come out for the GT. A lot of crazy Tech and I can't wait to drive one of these :). This car is truly a game changer and I can't wait to dive deep into the Tech when more info comes around.

GT First Ride: http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/a31818/first-ride-the-all-new-ford-gt/

GT Suspension: http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/a31821/the-wild-engineering-that-gives-the-ford-gt-two-suspensions-at-once/

GT Drive Modes:http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/a31820/explaining-the-ford-gts-five-drive-modes/

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, despite it being 'only' a V-6 (but a SWEET one at that), Ford is delving deep into super/'hypercar' territory with this beast! [thumb] [driving] [cool]

OP
Crooked Letta
Thread Starter #3
Yes, despite it being 'only' a V-6 (but a SWEET one at that), Ford is delving deep into super/'hypercar' territory with this beast! [thumb] [driving] [cool]
2 big things their still being coy about, power, and weight!

What I love is how they utilized the V6 in a way to package the body. Look at a pic of the 5.8 compared to a LS and this design would seem impossible. Not a massive fan that they choose a V6 but in the overall package I think it will be a perfect match. Time will tell, but it will be awesome to see what kind of numbers this thing can put down, and the driving experience.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
As much as the sound alone would have been great to have in their top/'flagship' ride IF they had used the flat plane crank 5.2 Coyote from the GT350, yes, I agree that it would have been very hard to package in that platform in it's current form.

grnmachine02

As much as the sound alone would have been great to have in their top/'flagship' ride IF they had used the flat plane crank 5.2 Coyote from the GT350, yes, I agree that it would have been very hard to package in that platform in it's current form.
Have you heard the race version exhaust note? It's just awful. I assume lots of exhaust note tuning went into the production ones. Heard them at Road Atlanta.

OP
Crooked Letta
Thread Starter #7
I was honestly hoping for a Ecoboost V8 with the GT. It made sense when you look at the competition but oh well. Now what will the next GT500 be running, that may be something special :)

Looks great, I might have to pick one of these up to go along with the FiST.

We have 2 coming in, but for 2018. 2017 we couldn't get one, apparently my owners car collection is too big and that makes sense. He is a very avid enthusiast and puts on shows all the time but that wasn't enough lol. I know of one being delivered to the customers house in NH and I will be heading the repair svc for GT's in the area, a 120K+ investment lol

[biggrin]

OP
Crooked Letta
Thread Starter #8
I was honestly hoping for a Ecoboost V8 with the GT. It made sense when you look at the competition but oh well. Now what will the next GT500 be running, that may be something special :)

Looks great, I might have to pick one of these up to go along with the FiST.

[biggrin]
We have 2 coming in, but for 2018. 2017 we couldn't get one, apparently my owners car collection is too big and that makes sense. He is a very avid enthusiast and puts on shows all the time but that wasn't enough lol. I know of one being delivered to the customers house in NH and I will be heading the repair svc for GT's in the area, a 120K+ investment lol

OP
Crooked Letta
Thread Starter #9
Have you heard the race version exhaust note? It's just awful. I assume lots of exhaust note tuning went into the production ones. Heard them at Road Atlanta.
So far from what I have seen, the GT isn't the best sounding car. There was a flyby video posted yesterday at full tilt and it sounded like a Turbo V6.