Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rear motor mount

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
anyone tried both boomba and cpe rmm? how much difference?
we have a good discussion with pics going on in my section
I just installed the cp-e on my personal shop car and think it delivers just the right amount of "firmness" that's expected from an upgraded mount.
Truthfully it was night and day different from stock but after over a week of driving I am completely used to it and love what it has done to accelerating and between shifts

here's the thread
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/11684-cp-e-rear-motor-mount-BLOW-OUT-SALE!!!-now-through-CYBER-Monday

we have a good discussion with pics going on in my section
I just installed the cp-e on my personal shop car and think it delivers just the right amount of "firmness" that's expected from an upgraded mount.
Truthfully it was night and day different from stock but after over a week of driving I am completely used to it and love what it has done to accelerating and between shifts

here's the thread
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/11684-cp-e-rear-motor-mount-BLOW-OUT-SALE!!!-now-through-CYBER-Monday
Same here, ordered the Cp-e from you about a week ago. On first start up some vibes and even after a 10 minute drive I could feel it freeing up a bit. A week later and I barely notice it unless I think about it. I can say this, the RMM increased traction a bit from a noticeable point in the wet. I installed it at work as soon as I drove in and 30 mins later took it for a test and I was a little surprised at how much better it kept traction.

I run the Boomba RMM and absolutely love it. Vibrations at idle, but none while moving. You get used to the vibrations pretty quickly. It took me no time to be used to it because I also own a full poly SVTF, it vibrates way worse.

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION] or [MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION] can speak for the Boomba option!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Same here, ordered the Cp-e from you about a week ago. On first start up some vibes and even after a 10 minute drive I could feel it freeing up a bit. A week later and I barely notice it unless I think about it. I can say this, the RMM increased traction a bit from a noticeable point in the wet. I installed it at work as soon as I drove in and 30 mins later took it for a test and I was a little surprised at how much better it kept traction.
Would you describe the clutch take-up, start off 'vibes' as more of a deep "rumble" kind of sound, only at a certain rpm point of the release (like maybe around 1500 revs), and then nothing noticeable after that??

I ask because I want to make sure my cp-e RMM is like everyone else's, and that I installed it correctly. ;)

cp-e on my car has minor vibration at idle like.. very minor.. a little rumbly, there is this smooth curve of intensity increasing from idle to 1400 rpm.... then some pronounce vibration that peaks at 1500 rpm, EVERYTHING is shaking, and vanishes at 1800 rpm and the car runs perfect. I got some TTR mounts coming in, because honestly, I take the vibes over any engine movement anyday.

The worse thing about more solid mounts is your MPG will take a hit, because driving <2000 rpm for MPG is really... rattly. lol

sorry no input on the boomba, but it looks WAY more aggressive.

Would you describe the clutch take-up, start off 'vibes' as more of a deep "rumble" kind of sound, only at a certain rpm point of the release (like maybe around 1500 revs), and then nothing noticeable after that??

I ask because I want to make sure my cp-e RMM is like everyone else's, and that I installed it correctly. ;)
Exactly you should be good :) I have yet to try it with the A/C on just too cold for the compressor to kick in around here now. I honestly don't notice the vibes, I just get use to them very easily (I like that feeling). Anytime you put a decent load on the engine at low revs, you should feel them. Give the mount a few thousand to break in but like I stated before, a notable difference even after a week.

cp-e on my car has minor vibration at idle like.. very minor.. a little rumbly, there is this smooth curve of intensity increasing from idle to 1400 rpm.... then some pronounce vibration that peaks at 1500 rpm, EVERYTHING is shaking, and vanishes at 1800 rpm and the car runs perfect. I got some TTR mounts coming in, because honestly, I take the vibes over any engine movement anyday.

The worse thing about more solid mounts is your MPG will take a hit, because driving <2000 rpm for MPG is really... rattly. lol

sorry no input on the boomba, but it looks WAY more aggressive.
With any 4 cylinder manual I have owned (which is all of them lol) I always cruise between 2500-3200 RPMs. I don't drive a lot of highway but when I do my revs stay up there. The highway you benefit more with keeping the revs down for MPG, I can say around town I notice no difference cruising in 3rd instead of 4th or higher.

Let us know how the TTR mounts are :) This was my original plan, basically mimic my FoST set up (Cp-e RMM & TTR Uppers), with the FiST, it is a huge improvement over the FoST in this department. I had horrid wheel hop and mounts were a must and it took all 3 to alleviate the issue. The FiST even stock I was satisfied with, I am very happy with how the RMM complimented the vehicle so uppers may still be in play but in my eyes not necessarily a necessity. Also if you hate engine movement you would cry in a FoST, 6th gear on the highway even with all 3 mounts you could feel the engine moving a decent amount when changing throttle application, especially coasting. It was pretty bad lol, and stock was unbearable if your tuned in on this.

My favorite thing about the TTR uppers, was the added Trans noise. For this alone I will contemplate them :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Even if I went back to stock, or tried the Cobb RMM, for now, I will go for the cp-e upper mounts when they are released by the summer (along with putting the cp-e RMM back into the car), in the hopes of those extra mounts 'calming down' some of the rumbling of their RMM all by itself, taking up all of the movement of the other mounts. [wink]

Even if I went back to stock, or tried the Cobb RMM, for now, I will go for the cp-e upper mounts when they are released by the summer (along with putting the cp-e RMM back into the car), in the hopes of those extra mounts 'calming down' some of the rumbling of their RMM all by itself, taking up all of the movement of the other mounts. [wink]
Wishful thinking but most likely will not happen. Replacing the other mounts will surely add vibes. I would personally run the RMM for a bit (1000+ miles) and see if you even notice what your experiencing after that. The other thing that is worth mentioning IMO mounts are not a must on this vehicle so far from what I have seen, very very minor wheel hop stock if any, and although noticeable engine movement isn't unreasonable. I can say on my FoST vibes were pretty bad with all 3 mounts at first, but subsided greatly once broken in, still noticeable but to me tolerable. I mean seeing your dash shake at idle about an inch with the A/C deff adds to that motorsport feel which I love :). My FoST needed mounts, too isolated, too much engine movement and horrid wheel hop. The FiST does very well and before you drop some coin on mounts, I would stick with the RMM for a bit or re-evaluate your goal with changing the mounts.

Good to know on the Cp-e uppers as well, they were late to the game with the FoST and seems the same with the FiST. I may do these instead of TTR's but as of now I don't see a need. Time will tell when the turbo comes out :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, the cp-e uppers are going to be the same EPDM type of material as their RMM, so at least a little bit less shake than the poly TTRs, and they will also NOT 'cold form' like poly mounts tend to do over time.

I absolutely WILL give the cp-e RMM some time to 'break-in', but, the rumbling/noise does tend to 'cheapen' the feel of the car somewhat (right now), and I just HOPE that it does not exacerbate, or intensify the noise/vibrations of the Nexus exhaust system way too much once that is installed.

grnmachine02

If you guys think the FiST mounts are bad, try being a Volvo guy. Those mounts are so floppy (Granted, they were designed that way for safety. Front end collision and the engine drops out of the way) That I had to ratchet strap the intake manifold to the strut tower once the holset went on. Full spool would make the engine torque over and the turbo would smack the strut tower.