Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Why go wider??

Yes, but I was speaking to the CURRENT WRC cars with the 5 bolt thing.

Besides, those cars in WRC spec did NOT make 900 HP, maybe up to 600/650.

Now, in 2.2 Evolution Rallycross configuration, yes, some may have been hitting close to the 900 mark. [wink] [burnout]
You are correct, the 2.1L Evolution version was the one putting out hp in the 900's, but that still doesn't change the fact that a four bolt hub was able to stand the abuse of a 900hp rally car.

The date doesn't have anything to do with them being 5 bolt either. The cars that are converted over are five bolt, simply because they can use parts that they already make, rather than design a whole new one to retain its 4 bolt pattern. I'd be willing to bet that they are not 5x108 either, and that they are a more common pattern like 5x100.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Torque correctly and often and you're safer, in that regard, than 95% of the vehicles on the road.
ha, yeah, probably more like 99% of the cars on the road. If you even have all of your lugnuts, you are doing better than 50% of the cars.

Lots of really good discussion on the hubs and wider tires, and a lot of good points and counterpoints.

Waterfan

ha, yeah, probably more like 99% of the cars on the road. If you even have all of your lugnuts, you are doing better than 50% of the cars.

Lots of really good discussion on the hubs and wider tires, and a lot of good points and counterpoints.
Slight tangent. No more than 3 days ago, I was stopped at a light next to a beat to hell compact pick up truck (Chevy something). On the rear passenger wheel visible to me, out of 5 possible studs:
2 studs were straight up missing
1 lugnut was >1/2" AWAY from the wheel

Oh, and it is not as if the situation was unknown to the owner, the bed was full of equipment "secured" with an equally unimpressive length of "rope".

It was a sobering and terrifying reality check just how ignorant/negligent/careless/thoughtless some/many people are.

Slight tangent. No more than 3 days ago, I was stopped at a light next to a beat to hell compact pick up truck (Chevy something). On the rear passenger wheel visible to me, out of 5 possible studs:
2 studs were straight up missing
1 lugnut was >1/2" AWAY from the wheel

Oh, and it is not as if the situation was unknown to the owner, the bed was full of equipment "secured" with an equally unimpressive length of "rope".

It was a sobering and terrifying reality check just how ignorant/negligent/careless/thoughtless some/many people are.
The state of disrepair in which our cars are allowed to be is pathetic. 1/4 of the cars on the road right now should probably not even be legal to drive.