Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Winter Time Cobb Tune

jeff

2000 Post Club
Interesting, I was just gonna post about this. Been a while since I had a car that lost traction in cold weather. 28 today and I'm spinning tires in 3rd gear. Dry road, no snow, it's just the cold tires. I swapped back to a slower tune this morning and tires don't spin but it was boring so I'm back to my custom already. I'll just accelerate gingerly.

That Golf R is looking more and more appealing...

TUX15ST

Ironically my custom tune (dhm) accelerates slower than my strat flash tune so my custom tune would technically be safer in the bad weather because power comes on later even though its greater lol

MPA

I run the OTS Stg0 with the winter tires. The car loses a lot of fun with the tune and winter tires.

Wanted to revive this thread to ask a related question about the stock tune. I am back on the stock tune for the winter, and I switched back to 87 gas to save some money, figuring that I don't really need the extra performance of 93 in the winter. The OAR has dropped to about -.45, which was not surprising, but I still see negative corrections and some occasional knock, especially under partial throttle. Just wondering if this should be concerning of if it is typical of how the stock tune manages corrections on 87 octane. I would have thought the OAR would just adjust further so there wouldn't be substantial corrections or knock, but maybe not. For what it's worth, on the COBB Stage 2 tune with 93 I rarely ever had negative corrections and almost always have strong positive corrections.

Brura22

It's 70 degrees and sunny all winter long here...
Car season is all year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk