Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dealership made a mistake and had to capitalize

Was hunting a hatchback with a turbo and came across a 2016 ford fiesta st with 10,000 miles on it and dealer was asking 17999 but whoever did the marketing for them accidentally typed 14999 on cars.com n was told if I showed up that night they would honor the price I saw n now I'm a fiesta owner [like]

OP
K
Thread Starter #5
Navigation, sync, sunroof, touchscreen n all the standard features with the st

OP
K
Thread Starter #7
Shadow black with black wheels as well no just the standard cloth st seats

haste

1000 Post Club
Why would any sane person get rid of a Fiesta ST with only 10k on the clock?

Nice find, and congrats!

zanethan

Why would any sane person get rid of a Fiesta ST with only 10k on the clock?

Nice find, and congrats!
My guess is that people buy the FiST because it's so much fun but then get tired of some of it quirks, such as the bouncy ride or driving a manual daily. There seem to be a lot out there with low miles. Hell, I got mine used with only 600 miles on the clock.

There's a lot of silly people that make a snap decision without doing their homework. In this case the car could have been a year old and the person changes cars yearly anyway or they have different life priorities now. Others buy cars they can't afford and get them repoed or have to trade it for something else. I know a guy that killed the motor on his car, turned around and bought a new Mustang Ecoboost and probably 8 months later for unknown reasons to me traded the thing in on a new F-150. No way I'd want to take that kind of loss on a car, but some people are just stupid with money.

Great deal on the car. I found a old stock new car for a friend of mine last year. They had a sale on all cars of that model year to clear them out. They had two different pages for the same car listing, and one of them was $1k lower than the other. I saved the page and showed it to them when I went with my friend when he bought it. They honored the price. So it was already at a decent price and he got it for $1k cheaper than what they were asking. Of course then he goes and buys the extended warranty and dealer service contract for 5 years. Covers maintenance and all that for the 5 years/50k miles period, but he has driven 5k miles in the car in the first year so he's used that service for a single oil change and tire rotation so far...so they made all that money back and then some... You can only help people so much sometimes. haha.