Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OffTheWall503's 2016 Magnetic Build Thread

I went with these centering rings. I've had plastic rings warp so I stick with metal now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01JN0MW1W/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Interesting. I might order those for peace of mind (thanks for the link) but I have had zero issues with my plastic ones. Even if they warp I don't see why that would matter as they are fairly thin as it is and pinched between the wheel hub and the car's hub unless you mean the thickness becomes not uniform all the way around?

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
Maybe they were old or faulty, who knows. The $5 difference is worth the peace of mind to me.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
IF you are meticulously careful/gentle with the lug sockets, never use an impact wrench on them, and never chip their paint, they will not rust. ;)
I prefer to use hand tools on my lug nuts, believe it or not. I worked in Express Maintenance for 2 years and saw many, many horrors on various cars.

These would work for my winners as well? And thanks for the link if they do[emoji51]

Sent from my CIA monitored device
If your hub bore on those wheels is the same then absolutely.

I run forged Al lugs. Been running them on cars for years. On track and street. Never an issue if you take care when putting them on. I use a little anti-sieze on the studs the very first time and it lasts for a while. I impact them off all the time no issues. I will impact them on just *snug* and then use a torque wrench to tighten them properly. I usually come down a hair on the factory torque number by about 5-10lb ft at the most.

They'll never rust... and you save unsrpung weight. Just do not let a shop touch your car with them on. I put on stock lugs if the car has to go to the dealer.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I was telling OTW503 not to use an impact to prevent his STEEL under paint lug nuts from getting chipped from doing this, and subsequently rusting. ;)

Of course aluminum alloy, and titanium lug nuts will never rust, and as long as one is VERY careful using it (as you ARE), an impact will not 'round', nor strip them either.

^^^I was telling OTW503 not to use an impact to prevent his STEEL under paint lug nuts from getting chipped from doing this, and subsequently rusting. ;)

Of course aluminum alloy, and titanium lug nuts will never rust, and as long as one is VERY careful using it (as you ARE), an impact will not 'round', nor strip them either.
Oh, I know :)

I was just professing my love for Al lugs. [woot]

In order to get as close to your clone as possible, I'll get the same lug nuts as you too. Then on to the brake kit and aero parts. [like]
I fully endorse the aero parts. Been rock solid for me finish wise, mounting, and holding up to daily driving.

I'm going to bestow upon you the Titan crown as I had to ditch them to fit the damn StopTechs (update to my build coming soon). They will clear the Wilwoods no problem though.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
I fully endorse the aero parts. Been rock solid for me finish wise, mounting, and holding up to daily driving.

I'm going to bestow upon you the Titan crown as I had to ditch them to fit the damn StopTechs (update to my build coming soon). They will clear the Wilwoods no problem though.
Oh snap! What wheels are you going with?

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #60
I agree, totally understated in pictures. The finish of the wheels in person exceeded my expectations and the wheels are so light!