Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OffTheWall503's 2016 Magnetic Build Thread

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #103
It's been one week since I changed the suspension over and it has probably settled at least 1/4 to 1/2 an inch all around. Impressions are that the Bilsteins definitely absorb more than the stock dampers and eat up the bumps and road imperfections. Don't get me wrong, this is still a small hatchback with big wheels and small tires so it won't stop everything but the difference over stock is night and day. The Swift springs are a great pairing with the B8s, turn in has improved since you don't have to wait on the springs to stiffen like progressive spring rates. Handling is phenomenal, the only thing I may need to do is get a rear beam brace but other than that I'm very content. The height is perfect and still functional around town and while driving aggressively.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Sits and looks about PERFECT in those pics!! [twothumb]

Almost thinking about forgoing the coil over conversion kit, and putting the Swift Spec Rs directly onto the Koni Sport single adjustable struts!

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #105
^^^Sits and looks about PERFECT in those pics!! [twothumb]

Almost thinking about forgoing the coil over conversion kit, and putting the Swift Spec Rs directly onto the Koni Sport single adjustable struts!
Koni Yellow (Sport) are also a great option but a little more expensive. The Bilstein B8s can be found for mid $400.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #106
Installed my GFB DV+ that I purchased from another member. One word: smooth! It holds boost much better, no more lurching between 1st-2nd gear and a much better driving experience when commuting around town. The sound sounds nearly like stock, if not identical.

GFB DV+ vs stock

Did some virtual pulls today at my favorite spot.

Last edited:
Nice bro! How does this DV+ compare to the turbosmart BOV i have onmy FiST ? Is there anyone here on forums that has dyno specs before and after turbosmart and GFB DV+ ? Im curious to know if I am losing boost or having constant boost with the Turbosmart. I'm too broke to dyno to test it myself haha (student hardship).
Installed my GFB DV+ that I purchased from another member. One word: smooth! It holds boost much better, no more lurching between 1st-2nd gear and a much better driving experience when commuting around town. The sound sounds nearly like stock, if not identical.

GFB DV+ vs stock

Did some pulls today at my favorite spot.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's been one week since I changed the suspension over and it has probably settled at least 1/4 to 1/2 an inch all around. Impressions are that the Bilsteins definitely absorb more than the stock dampers and eat up the bumps and road imperfections. Don't get me wrong, this is still a small hatchback with big wheels and small tires so it won't stop everything but the difference over stock is night and day. The Swift springs are a great pairing with the B8s, turn in has improved since you don't have to wait on the springs to stiffen like progressive spring rates. Handling is phenomenal, the only thing I may need to do is get a rear beam brace but other than that I'm very content. The height is perfect and still functional
around town and while driving aggressively.

I am so glad to hear this worked out. I started the B8 thread and think I was the first to try the set up with lowering springs. I used Mountune springs but had funny feeling that the Swifts would be even better. Sounds like this B8 set up with lowering springs is pretty damn spot on for the car.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
As of now no rubbing but that doesn't mean much.

I can finally take turns with confidence. For the past 2 weeks I had to gingerly take turns and make note of my angle, which pretty much eliminated the possibility of ever doing spirited driving. I hated having to avoid every little thing in the road, the ride was rough. I can't say if that was more the stock dampers or the H&R Super Sports. I honestly didn't hate the setup with my 16" Sparco wheels, but that made the car even lower due to slightly smaller overall wheel/tire diameter. I never rubbed with these wheels but scrapped my driveway every time no matter how what angle I came in at.

I always back into my driveway now because everytime I didn't and went forwards, I also scraped regardless of the angle at stock height! So you aren't alone there.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Were your Sparcos 16x7? Also what tire size were you running on them?

I just bought some H&R Super Sports and trying to get an idea of what I will be able to get away with without rubbing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
A 7" wide wheel is the widest Sparco makes for our cars (with the exception of their Pro Corsa in a 17x7.5), with a few 6.5"s, and even 6"s thrown into the mix as well. [:(]

Even their parent company (for wheel supply), OZed only goes up to a 7.5" wide wheel in a (very) few of their 17" models.

Great looking car! Do you think I will have any rubbing issues with H&R sports springs and 17x7 sparco wheels? I will be running stock shocks. Thankyou