Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Winter 1 Exhaust 0

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I used to get exhaust tips PVD coated. It ended up being a gloss black finish. Holds up very well to the point I held a torch to it for a few minutes, direct flame on it, and no effect on coating. Even after years of DD use it was fine.
WHO does this in our area? [???:)]

I currently have two cp-e tailpipes/tips at Bonehead Performance (in Warminster) for them to do a CeraKote process, but the PVD process sounds to be MUCH MORE substantial in standing up to the crap on the roads around here in winter. ;)

WHO does this in our area? [???:)]

I currently have two cp-e tailpipes/tips at Bonehead Performance (in Warminster) for them to do a CeraKote process, but the PVD process sounds to be MUCH MORE substantial in standing up to the crap on the roads around here in winter. ;)
I had bad luck with Bonehead... they do great work but take a month. If you need powder or ceramic coating try ZRZ Coating in Quakertown. I used them a bunch of times.

This is the company I used for PVD: http://www.richterprecision.com/pvd-coatings.html

I used Brasso on my tips and it cleaned them up real nice. The look brand new. I have the same issue where i live with the salted roads.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I used Brasso on my tips and it cleaned them up real nice. They look brand new. I have the same issue where I live with the salted roads.
Simichrome, or Flitz would also work well, but that stuff is $$$$$$$$$$ (or many Euros for you), and it STINKS to high heaven as well!!

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I sealed my FSWerks exhaust with Carbon Collective and spent way too many hours polishing the entire system before installation to increase the surface tension in order to reduce the ability for the corrosion to start. I wash my Fiesta weekly and use a pressure wand to rinse the underbody with hot water. This weekend I noticed that my FSWerks tips are starting to get corroded. Some of that may be metallic particles from brakes mixing with the road salt creating a surface stain. I don't remember this happening with my Borla system on the 2011 Fiesta, but that had very different brake pads and rear aero.

This is what I have used in the past to clean exhaust systems in the springs time;
Brass (not steel) wool mixed with Mother's mag wheel polish
Apply the polish with a rag (after the system has been cleaned with soap/water and dried)
Use the brass wool to work the polish into the metal and remove corrosion
Remove polish with a rag
Repeat polishing, but only use a rag to apply, polish, and remove

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^So our rear 'diffuser' (IF that's what you want to call it?) actually DOES direct some airflow from the wheel areas? [dunno]

All of these (aesthetic??) maintenance requirements for the polished 304 systems/tips make me glad I chose the cp-e with their bead blasted satin finish, and am having the tail pipe/tip section black CeraKote treated.[wink]

But, I also will pressure wash the whole underside after a 'salt soup' immersion, which we get around here as much/badly as the midwest does.[mad]

OP
A
Thread Starter #28
This pictures was taken at the beginning of December...before it got bad. You can vaguely see the B of COBB on the left exhaust tip. It's 8 degrees outside so I'm not going out again to take a more recent picture lol.
IMG_4133.JPG

OP
A
Thread Starter #29
...also I finally got some mothers so I'll be cleaning the tips then applying that.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This pictures was taken at the beginning of December...before it got bad. You can vaguely see the B of COBB on the left exhaust tip. It's 8 degrees outside so I'm not going out again to take a more recent picture lol.
View attachment 13069
Fully austenitic 304 stainless is NOT supposed to do THAT, but I guess IF conditions are bad enough, anything is possible. [:(]