Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

bov adaptor

Hey guys, I just saw the boomba bov adaptor and I'm now considering getting one, looks pretty easy to install. Anyone else using one? Does it throw and codes or cel? And would it need a tune or anything? Sorry I'm still new and discovering new parts lol thanks

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Hey guys, I just saw the boomba bov adaptor and I'm now considering getting one, looks pretty easy to install. Anyone else using one? Does it throw and codes or cel? And would it need a tune or anything? Sorry I'm still new and discovering new parts lol thanks
No tune needed

Won't throw a code

Cramped area for install but doable

Sound gets annoying after a while, doesn't sound authentic , more like a air brake releasing.

I have the DV+ now, quieter sound but makes the car drive and shift better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
As above. Every release of the gas pedal you get the pssshhhh. Old quick. But I'm also old so it could be the problem. It has no other benefit at all. Pure cosmetic.

Sound gets annoying after a while, doesn't sound authentic , more like a air brake releasing.

This. I installed mine yesterday and im not happy with it. Its way louder than the youtube videos elaborate and that's not the kind of attention I want in this car. I don't see me keeping the boomba BOV in much longer. Their other products have been good to me however, especially their shifter cable bracket bushings.

Also WeTheNorth, any down sides to the DV+? I was thinking about switching to that.

I'll sell you mine $40 shipped

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
This. I installed mine yesterday and im not happy with it. Its way louder than the youtube videos elaborate and that's not the kind of attention I want in this car. I don't see me keeping the boomba BOV in much longer. Their other products have been good to me however, especially their shifter cable bracket bushings.

Also WeTheNorth, any down sides to the DV+? I was thinking about switching to that.
If I can be honest, I read a lot about the dv+ before I bought mines and it is exactly what a lot claim it to be.

Here are the thins I've noticed with my x37 turbo and mods.

When shifting up or down, it seems to hold boost better then before. The shifts in general are a lot more crisp. It's definitely changed the cars drivability for the better. Hands down one of the best/most effective mods imo. [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] has the cheapest price On the World Wide Web FYI

Damn this bothers me a bit. I JUST purchased one and while i like the sound i didnt want it to get super old. We'll see. I'll probably install it this weekend and see how i like it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
any down sides to the DV+? I was thinking about switching to that.
The only "down side" (IF that's what you want to call it), is that I cannot hear mine working AT ALL, like others can, IF you care about that at all.

But then again, my hearing is about a quarter as good as anyone else's, and I still have the completely stock factory intake system, including the paper filter, so YMMV. [wink]

The only "down side" (IF that's what you want to call it), is that I cannot hear mine working AT ALL, like others can, IF you care about that at all.

But then again, my hearing is about a quarter as good as anyone else's, and I still have the completely stock factory intake system, including the paper filter, so YMMV. [wink]
Its prob not your hearing, dv's dont vent to atmosphere so there hard to hear them lol. Thanks for the advice tho.
Damn this bothers me a bit. I JUST purchased one and while i like the sound i didnt want it to get super old. We'll see. I'll probably install it this weekend and see how i like it.
Just because it wasnt for me doesnt mean you wont like it. It is somthing you need to try first hand though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Best way to do it is the vehicle on a hoist....can be done on the ground though. Taking the tire off makes things easier as you won't be reaching around it. Allen wrenches with ball pivots will be needed that allow pivoting on the bolts and easier removal than going straight onto them. I have the Boomba adapter....gives you that blow off noise....not to noticeable in the cabin....more pronounced with Windows down. Will not trip codes or CEL. cheap way to look Cool! IMO...[thumb]

It's not that loud....then again my Typhoon...see my signature pic...is loud as a raped ape. You only live once....why not make your presence known?

I have the DV+ now, quieter sound but makes the car drive and shift better.

Saying it's not authenticate is not really the right word. It doesn't sound like a hks BOV or the cheap Chinese crap. It does however sound like a lot of performance over sound BOVs. My Greddy sounded very similar to this as it was designed with the sole purpose of letting air out of the charge pipes, not sounding high pitched.

Just put mine on today, took it off the wife's Fusion. It took me about 25 minutes (with a lift) and it is LOUD, way louder than our Fusion. Borderline obnoxious. I will ride it out and see if it grows on me.

I just installed mine. I know this thread is a few weeks old, but thought I'd throw my .02 in.

It's neat because you can hear what the valve is doing. Threw me for a loop though bc the valves I have dealt with in the past had a vacuum line and return line (if at all) for a factory car.

It's definitely electronic and a head turner for sure. On the fence if I like it or not. Have also blocked off the symposer too. I can't decide if I actually want to mod this car or leave it alone.