Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB FMIC, Charge Pipes, RMM, and Velossa Tech Big Mouth Installed

In the midst of the first snowfall of the year I thought it was perfect timing to spend a day in the workshop fitting up my new COBB FMIC, Charge Pipes, RMM, and Velossa Tech Big Mouth intake. The overall build quality of each piece is second to none. The install was pretty straight forward other than a little bit of confusion with mounting the hot side charge pipe to the factory mounting bracket. There wasn't much detail with this step and it can easily be overlooked. Looking past that small hiccup the install of each piece was very simple.

After driving the car for several days I can see a slight drop in overall coolant temps and massive improvement in overall responsiveness of the car. The kit comes with t-bolt style hose clamps that are without a doubt a massive upgrade from the horrid factory clamps. Simply getting them tight enough allows the car to hold boost much more consistently. This should get even better once I install my GBF DV+ soon.

The RMM adds slightly more vibration upon start-up and at idle once warm but this is a very minor drawback. If anything it gives the car a little more character as the stock RMM gave me the feeling the car wasn't even running. With slick roads and all season tires I am yet to do a hard launch to feel the full effect of the upgrade but overall I feel a much more direct connection between the engine/gearbox and the chassis.

Velossa Tech Big Mouth was a simple install but requires a little bit of cutting with a rotary Dremal tool. No big deal just requires a little patience and a steady hand! It looks amazing once installed and and a fair bit of intake noise! Win win.

IMG_1548-min.jpg IMG_1555-min.jpg IMG_1558-min.jpg

Looks great! Another guy who went Mountune/Velossa Tech. Cobb FMIC looks really well made.

I need to install my Big mouth tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Is this on an otherwise stock car? I've been pondering doing a lot of what's on your list (different companies possibly) I'm looking to keep the car as reliable as possible while having a somewhat decent bump in power.

OP
W
Thread Starter #6
Is this on an otherwise stock car? I've been pondering doing a lot of what's on your list (different companies possibly) I'm looking to keep the car as reliable as possible while having a somewhat decent bump in power.
List of current mods

Mountune MP215 Kit
Mountune Sport Springs
Mountune Short Shift Plate
COBB FMIC/Charge Pipes
COBB RMM
GoFastBits DV+
Velossa Tech Big Mouth
BFGoodrich g-Force Comp 2 A/S
Mishimoto Oil Seperator Kit
Resonator Delete
DIY $3 Symposer Delete

Right now the car runs and rides perfectly for a daily driver. Plenty of added power and torque from the tune, smoother boost delivery and reduced lag from the GFB valve, and a more connected feel to the car with the Sport Springs, RMM, and BFG Tires. Come spring time I will be able to see the full effect of the FMIC and Charge Pires. I'm really enjoying the package right now.