Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Illuminated door sills installed

jeff

2000 Post Club
Dang that music is perfect. 2 thumbs up.

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #13
More details:

They were custom made run for a small batch of us FiST, FoST (both FiST and FoST are the same sills) and FoRS owners in China. It's slightly smaller than the OEM sills. Cost about $80 USD. I'm not sure how about to get them to stateside though.

I ran the wires under the seal by the sills (you can pull them out and there's a gap with plenty of space) and all the way to the footrest lighting and tapped the wires there so that it only comes on when the door opens.

The downside is that the wires were not long enough to run it all the way, but luckily I had some wires of the same size (22 gauge I believe) and extended them without any problems in operation.

joesiris

custom? my bad I thought they were the ones from ford when I posted my last reply...but for those of us stateside I originally tried to "build and price" buy my car online and it didn't really work out for me that way, but when I "built" mine online illuminated door sills were one of those options I checked yes to. So while they are over double the price (free shipping if you ship to dealer) ford does offer some. Id love to get them, I dig the look. But I really like the ones you installed XuperXero, I especially like the way, in the video, they seem to pulsate a couple times before staying on. good job....

for the states, if you wanna fork out 195 bones, heres the link
https://accessories.ford.com/interior/door-sill-plates/kit-10592.html

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
custom? my bad I thought they were the ones from ford when I posted my last reply...but for those of us stateside I originally tried to "build and price" buy my car online and it didn't really work out for me that way, but when I "built" mine online illuminated door sills were one of those options I checked yes to. So while they are over double the price (free shipping if you ship to dealer) ford does offer some. Id love to get them, I dig the look. But I really like the ones you installed XuperXero, I especially like the way, in the video, they seem to pulsate a couple times before staying on. good job....

for the states, if you wanna fork out 195 bones, heres the link
https://accessories.ford.com/interior/door-sill-plates/kit-10592.html
Unfortunately those you list as very plain in person. I ended up getting the Fiesta logo instead. Either case they do not have the light action seen in the video.

joesiris

well that's a bummer, but you just saved me 195 dollars though... at least they already come with door sills, but the xuper xero ones are super sweet indeed

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #19
So... The guy's running another batch due to high demands.

I just spent the last hour trying to set up Ebay and Aliexpress. All of them failed because I'm a Canadian in China and every time I try to fill in dispatch address it takes me to their Chinese site in which only Chinese ID's are allowed...

So therefore, what I could offer you guys is that you paypal me the money and I'll buy them and ship them out personally. Shipping is about $30 to 48 states. So that makes it $110 shipped. A little pricey but if you guys want it, I can do it for you.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You don't need a Social security number? My mother's maiden name? You aren't by chance the Prince of Nigeria are You? If you don't need any of those I ma6 be down.....do they only come in red? Or other colors also? Lmk..