Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Illuminated door sills installed

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #42
Xuperxero what kind of blue is the color for the sills? Same blue as the interior ambient lighting from the factory?
I believe it's the RS blue.

[MENTION=505]XuperXero[/MENTION]

Is this a one time thing, or will you be able to sell more? I'm interested in one down the road, just don't have the funds right now.
The seller is running limited batch, I think as long as there's 0stock available, it's available to purchase. But last batch in October sold pretty quick. I had to wait 2 months for mine.

Would it be possible to easily take them apart to put different colored film on it?
Doubt it... It's white semi-transparent plastic with red LED's behind.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=505]XuperXero[/MENTION] Got mine today [rockon] . Only had chance to open it. The product was well packaged including your over packaging. Everything is there including a colour manual and a no cut splice connectors. Also like the added touch and the connector instead of just long wire, will make it easy to install. The quality looks great! I hope to install it this weekend. Thanks again.

00EE68FF-C981-4474-A609-B664DE083123.JPG
1ADAECDD-EA85-4D15-BE64-0496F5F11955.JPG
3DEC21CC-2082-46D5-8B54-6F9C69276E0B.JPG
3E279F84-08DE-4E3A-A502-9AAB4FEDB79D.JPG
9881AD67-6C6D-4D87-8C32-CCBDB7F53E8A.JPG
B47D5183-CCE1-4E4C-8854-2F0AAAFB2E6B.JPG

Good Lord, we have to wait until the weekend???
Mines waiting for me to have time to run 3 different cables at the same time, power to my powered drivers seat, video cable to backup cam, and the power cable to the sills. Could be this weekend, could be tomorrow, could be a month haha

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #49
Glad to hear you guys got it. Enjoy!

FYI, Shipping ended up being $40 via DHL. If anybody else wants it, it's $120 shipped (payable as family/friends or you pay the paypal fees). Seller still has some batch left.

Ended up wiring through the dome light wire, tried as I might, I couldn't find an easy connection elsewhere using the wire diagrams for the Fiesta. Instead of coming off the dome light directly, I popped off the driver side A pillar and used a T Tap on the Yellow w/ Grey (Ground) and Green w/ Violet (Positive)

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #51
Do you guys not have footwell lighting? Easier and closer to tap there instead of going all the way up to dome lighting... Lights up when door opens only. That's where I tapped mine.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Do you guys not have footwell lighting? Easier and closer to tap there instead of going all the way up to dome lighting... Lights up when door opens only. That's where I tapped mine.
I believe the light you are referring to in ours stays on and cycles through the colours you can select (i know you are stuck red). Ford's version of the wiring actually has it taped to wires that each side are independent (only light the door sill the door is open for. But that is off a harness in the fuse box. I'll take pictures tomorrow when I do the install.

Pretty much what CanadianGuy said, can't find anything in the service manual/wiring diagrams pointing to anything besides the "Ambient" lighting which cycles through. Tried tracking down any other places to tap off of but couldn't find anything besides to the Map lighting. Tried to find a place to at least tap into it down below but it's burried up high in the harness. Got both mine installed though, and damn they're awesome! Glad I didn't hesitate on these, thanks again XuperXero!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Pretty much what CanadianGuy said, can't find anything in the service manual/wiring diagrams pointing to anything besides the "Ambient" lighting which cycles through. Tried tracking down any other places to tap off of but couldn't find anything besides to the Map lighting. Tried to find a place to at least tap into it down below but it's burried up high in the harness. Got both mine installed though, and damn they're awesome! Glad I didn't hesitate on these, thanks again XuperXero!
If you have the service manual I will have the pictures of the cables I used if I don't have the instructions anymore. Maybe could find what they are and where they go. They are at the connector buy the fuse box, behind the glove box. I believe they are the actual contacts from the door.

If you have the service manual I will have the pictures of the cables I used if I don't have the instructions anymore. Maybe could find what they are and where they go. They are at the connector buy the fuse box, behind the glove box. I believe they are the actual contacts from the door.
That'd be cool! I started to look into using the door ajar signal from the doors, but from looking at the wiring diagram, it seemed to be a closed circuit when the door is closed and open when opened, so it'd require a relay. It'd be cool to see what you have!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
That'd be cool! I started to look into using the door ajar signal from the doors, but from looking at the wiring diagram, it seemed to be a closed circuit when the door is closed and open when opened, so it'd require a relay. It'd be cool to see what you have!
on the list for tomorrow.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Okay so I was wrong. It is not each door independently but the doors independent of the dome light. Its the grey connector under the glove box/fuse green with purple stripe and yellow with grey stripe. I will have a complete write up later. BTW did find out that after the first cycle the lights of the unit turn off. This is good if wired off the dome light and turning on the dome light.

IMG_0468.JPG
IMG_0469.JPG

As promised quick video.
[video=youtube;nYz7qgPfGNc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYz7qgPfGNc[/video]