Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Illuminated door sills installed

Okay so I was wrong. It is not each door independently but the doors independent of the dome light. Its the grey connector under the glove box/fuse green with purple stripe and yellow with grey stripe. I will have a complete write up later. BTW did find out that after the first cycle the lights of the unit turn off. This is good if wired off the dome light and turning on the dome light.

View attachment 13982
View attachment 13983

As promised quick video.
[video=youtube;nYz7qgPfGNc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYz7qgPfGNc[/video]
You have got to be kidding me! I tried that connector! It was the only set of wires I didn't put a t tap on just to have to take it back off, my darn probe must not have been jacked in right, oh well, great find! And like you said, they do cycle off at least. Took lunch to my dad this afternoon and had him take a look, thought it was bad ass haha

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
You have got to be kidding me! I tried that connector! It was the only set of wires I didn't put a t tap on just to have to take it back off, my darn probe must not have been jacked in right, oh well, great find! And like you said, they do cycle off at least. Took lunch to my dad this afternoon and had him take a look, thought it was bad ass haha
Standard automotive probe may not have picked this up because one line is ground and one is positive. Not chassis ground per say.

Aaaannnndddd night video

https://youtu.be/QVoCeXUoyI8

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #64
I believe the light you are referring to in ours stays on and cycles through the colours you can select (i know you are stuck red). Ford's version of the wiring actually has it taped to wires that each side are independent (only light the door sill the door is open for. But that is off a harness in the fuse box. I'll take pictures tomorrow when I do the install.
Oh that's interesting... The reason I wired mine to footwell lighting is because I never turn on my dome lights.

Pretty much what CanadianGuy said, can't find anything in the service manual/wiring diagrams pointing to anything besides the "Ambient" lighting which cycles through. Tried tracking down any other places to tap off of but couldn't find anything besides to the Map lighting. Tried to find a place to at least tap into it down below but it's burried up high in the harness. Got both mine installed though, and damn they're awesome! Glad I didn't hesitate on these, thanks again XuperXero!
You're welcome, glad to see you guys enjoying it!

OK, how about just a version that's solid lit? LOL
Nope... They all do fancy light show, rice status max only.

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #65
I believe the light you are referring to in ours stays on and cycles through the colours you can select (i know you are stuck red). Ford's version of the wiring actually has it taped to wires that each side are independent (only light the door sill the door is open for. But that is off a harness in the fuse box. I'll take pictures tomorrow when I do the install.
Oh that's interesting... The reason I wired mine to footwell lighting is because I never turn on my dome lights.

Pretty much what CanadianGuy said, can't find anything in the service manual/wiring diagrams pointing to anything besides the "Ambient" lighting which cycles through. Tried tracking down any other places to tap off of but couldn't find anything besides to the Map lighting. Tried to find a place to at least tap into it down below but it's burried up high in the harness. Got both mine installed though, and damn they're awesome! Glad I didn't hesitate on these, thanks again XuperXero!
You're welcome, glad to see you guys enjoying it!

OK, how about just a version that's solid lit? LOL
Nope... They all do fancy light show, rice status max only.

Are these still for sale in red? I would love to buy a set for my car...(Yes a bit ricey, but this car will ultimately go to my daughter and she says she loves it)

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #67
Are these still for sale in red? I would love to buy a set for my car...(Yes a bit ricey, but this car will ultimately go to my daughter and she says she loves it)
PM Sent.

Okay so I was wrong. It is not each door independently but the doors independent of the dome light. Its the grey connector under the glove box/fuse green with purple stripe and yellow with grey stripe. I will have a complete write up later. BTW did find out that after the first cycle the lights of the unit turn off. This is good if wired off the dome light and turning on the dome light.

View attachment 13982
I hate to necromancy up such an old thread, but had a question or two, did you run all the leads from both sides of the car to where you tapped or did you run feeders down both sides of the car?

reason being, i recently decided i was going to do this on both sides, on both sets of doors, and got a smaller unit to fit the back. and am wondering off that pair do the sills actuate separately or all at once?

thanks folks, so far this forum has been an awesome help for me.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I hate to necromancy up such an old thread, but had a question or two, did you run all the leads from both sides of the car to where you tapped or did you run feeders down both sides of the car?

reason being, i recently decided i was going to do this on both sides, on both sets of doors, and got a smaller unit to fit the back. and am wondering off that pair do the sills actuate separately or all at once?

thanks folks, so far this forum has been an awesome help for me.
First where did you get the rear ones?

As for wiring you could tap into the dome light(front and rear) which is much easier. But ya all the way for both is what I did and what a dealer would do.

First where did you get the rear ones?

As for wiring you could tap into the dome light(front and rear) which is much easier. But ya all the way for both is what I did and what a dealer would do.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED...or-scuff-plate-welcome-pedal/32715317781.html

I have ordered these for similar projects before, I have a local machine shop that i can take em to if they end up flimsy. and i suppose worst case i can laser scan em at work and get some top plates cut in sheet stainless

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED...or-scuff-plate-welcome-pedal/32715317781.html

I have ordered these for similar projects before, I have a local machine shop that i can take em to if they end up flimsy. and i suppose worst case i can laser scan em at work and get some top plates cut in sheet stainless
I got those exact ones in blue that I have not installed(I think they are posted in the sales section still). They only fit the front.

welp guess i'll give something to the electrical engineer and fab shop to mess with for me, thanks for the heads up.

Just a heads-up; They're on sale now for 51% off so you can get fronts and backs for the price of one set.
Thanks for that link!

just as an FYI just got these in. The rears are much smaller and actually could fit the door. might need a bit of shaping work due to the curve but i think its doable. gonna test and make sure all the units are working before building a plug and play harness for the doors though based off of Canadian Guys work.

Canadian did you just scraper the front sills off? its just the 3m stuff right?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Canadian did you just scraper the front sills off? its just the 3m stuff right?
Yup just a scrapper and either mineral oil or a heavy helping of WD40 for the adhesive. One thing to suggest (if I have not) add a glob of silicone grease where the wire enter the sill plate module after installed so that there is no water entry. And where are pictures?

DaveG99

Hey Nick, I grew up right where you live! I went to school in Tavares & Eustis. Love that area! Hope to go visit it again someday! [cheers]
I lived in Orlando. We used to play Mount Dora in highschool football.