Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fiesta ST Gets the First COBB Stage 2 Kit, Will Blow Tires Off.

CanadianST

I'm gonna be living out of my car eating Kraft Dinner and drinking rain water soon with all these awesome mods rolling out. I like hearing that a turbo back exhaust is in the works for stage 3!

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Really amazing results from such a small turbo.[lovest]

Nice numbers, wondering how much will they charge for FMIC and will I get same results with Injen Intake.

I read somewhere that fmic isn't our problem,it's the piping and some company is coming up with a new piping system. It's funny bc in this video Cobb did an fmic and intake upgrade(didn't show or mention which one) and the dyno was showing 272tq. When that's what I was getting with just and intake and Cobb v100 tune. I do see there using 91 gas.So maybe if they did 93 it would add more,but who knows how much. I'm gonna wait and see what new pipe system will yield the decide,just a thought.

-ry

ATP actually has dyno comps for stock vs upgraded FMIC (not yet released)

I am with you though, new piping will only help the stock IC but it may further highlight its limitations. Just get piping that will work on stock and an upgraded unit so it is not money wasted.

ATP actually has dyno comps for stock vs upgraded FMIC (not yet released)

I am with you though, new piping will only help the stock IC but it may further highlight its limitations. Just get piping that will work on stock and an upgraded unit so it is not money wasted.
Thanks for the chart. What I don't get is the difference in time between the stock intercooler and ATP intercooler runs were all of 40mins apart. Really? How come in the Cobb stage 2 vid it took them over 3hours to install fmic and intake. I know from experience with the right tools an intake shouldn't take no longer than 30-40min. So the intercooler should take some time (+2hrs)I.e. Taking off bumper and parts, but according to this ATP chart they did it in 40mins? Hmmm am I looking at this wrong? I never installed a fmic,does it only take 40min usually? How come they took so long then in the Cobb stage 2 vid?

-ry

Good point, guess its possible the bumper was off already and maybe they didnt change the piping. Guess that would speed it up a bit. I am sure if someone reached out to them they would have an answer but also at this point they only have released the downpipe officially. The dynos are pretty cool ahead of a product release.

For me two entirely different beasts, I love the tech of the turbo 4 but there is something abt my v8 sedan, it's a 350 Chevy Caprice making 520 ft lb s all below 3200rpm and 350 hp at around 5k. 0-60 5.0 sec weight 3800lbs. Both are fun! Btw, Havn't received the fist just yet but driven one multiple times, my view may change

Yea that caprice sure is another beast.damn. Once I got my first turbo car (2nd car.vw gti) I never looked back and almost every car since has been turbo except 3. Had 2 GTI's,srt-4,speed3,and now this. There just perfect for my needs,I commute a lot and want something somewhat quick but good on gas and usually any 4cycl turbo always fits the bill.

-ry

The fiesta was planned to be a sporty DD but I think that's changing, the caprice is a toy, compression is Low enough (9.5) where I could turbo it with low boost (6-8 psi) and. Probably will once I get the mega squirt 3X I built for it tuned.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the chart. What I don't get is the difference in time between the stock intercooler and ATP intercooler runs were all of 40mins apart. Really? How come in the Cobb stage 2 vid it took them over 3hours to install fmic and intake. I know from experience with the right tools an intake shouldn't take no longer than 30-40min. So the intercooler should take some time (+2hrs)I.e. Taking off bumper and parts, but according to this ATP chart they did it in 40mins? Hmmm am I looking at this wrong? I never installed a fmic,does it only take 40min usually? How come they took so long then in the Cobb stage 2 vid?

-ry
Cobb also installed all the charge piping, ATP did not.