Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How-To: Using FORScan to change your Sync3 boot splash screen to "ST Ford Performance"

Tried all of these suggestions to the letter (thanks all, btw!). My car is being stubborn.

I can get all of the splash screens associated with numbers (Lincoln, Raptor, etc), but cannot locate the ST screen for the life of me.

Getting ready to just try 1-F to see if it's hiding in another designation.

If I recall 7D0-03-01 xxxx xBxx xxxx will give you the ST Performance splash screen.

Tried all of these suggestions to the letter (thanks all, btw!). My car is being stubborn.

I can get all of the splash screens associated with numbers (Lincoln, Raptor, etc), but cannot locate the ST screen for the life of me.

Getting ready to just try 1-F to see if it's hiding in another designation.
I'm not having luck either..I've given up since I kept getting "service procedure interrupted" messages every time I try to 'write all'.

EDIT: Also, I recently performed the v1.0 to v2.2 Sync 3 update for my '16 unit. Not sure if this factors into my issue.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
I thought I had that posted in the OP but it looks like I accidentally posted 2 instead of B. Sorry about that.

I finally gave up. I've tried installing Forscan on three different laptops, and when it comes to generating the extended license, it won't recognize the hardware ID. Followed their instructions to the letter, but no luck. Oh well.

I picked up this el cheapo and with worked like a charm. Should work fine for Torque too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HXGX8V6/
Did you install any of the software, or just plug the device into the OBD port, in the car? There were no instructions, and I'm not sure which software to install. I also received a virus warning. [:(!]

There shouldn't be any "software" needed, it's just a bluetooth device. You pair it to your laptop, run forscan, and select the bluetooth device.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Can Forscan be downloaded into an iPod at all?

I have the PLX Kiwi device for an iPod/Apple, and an iPod 4, but my lap top is Windows 10 (Toshiba).

Can Forscan be downloaded into an iPod at all?

I have the PLX Kiwi device for an iPod/Apple, and an iPod 4, but my lap top is Windows 10 (Toshiba).
The things in this thread only work with the Windows version of forscan. Looking at that PLX kiwi device, the kiwi 2 came in a different models, one for iPhone/iPad/iPod and the other for android (and windows since bluetooth). The newer kiwi 3 looks to be compatible across all platforms with one device. Unfortunately sounds like you have the one without compatibility.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The things in this thread only work with the Windows version of forscan. Looking at that PLX kiwi device, the kiwi 2 came in a different models, one for iPhone/iPad/iPod and the other for android (and windows since bluetooth). The newer kiwi 3 looks to be compatible across all platforms with one device. Unfortunately sounds like you have the one without compatibility.
Yeah thanks for the info, but I DO have the older Kiwi which is for EITHER Apple OR Android, NOT both (and I have the Apple one to work with an iPod). [:(]

But I can still try to get it onto my lap top. [:)]

I *finally* got this to work. The update to Sync 3 v2.2 is what did it. Also, I cycled the ignition, which I was only partially doing before. Either way, it's nice to finally have it!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I *finally* got this to work. The update to Sync 3 v2.2 is what did it. Also, I cycled the ignition, which I was only partially doing before. Either way, it's nice to finally have it!
I used to live a stone's throw from you in Springfield, and grew up in Union.

I even got married (in 1980) at the now long gone Short Hills Caterers (the marriage is now gone as well, ironically).

So I have a scangauge II from my previous vehicle. It uses an OBD to Ethernet (phone jack looking plug)... Would this cable possibly work?

The scanguage has a separate module that the Ethernet connects to and would then have to connect to the computer via USB.
I promise you it's worthit to just spend the 12 bucks on a bt odb scanner (if your laptop has bt) or a USb obd scanner in terms of time, frustration and future usability.

Bt ones are the best. I have a wifi one for my iPhone for quick changes on the road but for full compatibility nothing beats the BT

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Did you install any of the software, or just plug the device into the OBD port, in the car? There were no instructions, and I'm not sure which software to install. I also received a virus warning. [:(!]
Phhfffsshht... that's just the Russians wanting in. Ignore it.

The scanguage has a separate module that the Ethernet connects to and would then have to connect to the computer via USB.
I promise you it's worthit to just spend the 12 bucks on a bt odb scanner (if your laptop has bt) or a USb obd scanner in terms of time, frustration and future usability.

Bt ones are the best. I have a wifi one for my iPhone for quick changes on the road but for full compatibility nothing beats the BT
I'll second that the wifi ones are nice, but don't always work right. That's what I currently have that I use for checking codes on other people's cars, and it's great for running simple scan tools and resetting codes, but it doesn't seem to cooperate with more advanced software, such as Forscan. It errors out every time I try to write to the car. I gave up and ordered a OBD to USB cable to have another go at it.

so I just changed my splash screen last night and don't want the nav but am interested in what else the forscan can do such as daytime running lights maybe