Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How-To: Using FORScan to change your Sync3 boot splash screen to "ST Ford Performance"

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Got the drivers to update. Now it says "Unable to connect to vehicle. Please make sure the ignition is ON and try again." Ignition is on.

I think I got a shitty reader.

redmoe

Just for reference. Which side do you flip the switch to for the HS-CAN?
I will have to mess with it again and get back to you the nice part is you just get an error then change the switch position and try again.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Got around to trying it again with the new switch. The switch on mine was opposite positions then yours even though it was the same OBDII adapter but all is well.

I noticed when I change the temp or fan speed it doesnā€™t have a small animation that pops up like Iā€™ve seen others do. The climate menu is on the screen now but no pop up animation

TSheaST2

I do not own sync 2 but I did run across someone I believe has the new screens for sync2 in a zip I'm uploading it to my drive right now be ready in a few minutes but you can also search for sync 2 mft splash screens may find something
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1slZwAwPAunomhibb96ATLzliN0gFq1sJ/view?usp=drivesdk
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Sorry had to add permissions
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but this was the only one that had the most information. I downloaded the files you r provided and installed them on my Sync 2 on my 2015 Focus ST. On 7D0-02-01, i changed the xxxx xXxx xxxx to a B, and it did not change my splash screen. Is it different for a Focus or is this just not going to work for a Sync 2 system? I tried to send a PM to gjkrisa, but I think my account is too new to send one. Thanks for any help!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
@TSheaST2, you don't need FORScan to change the splash screen on Sync 2.
It can all be done from Sync 2 settings.

TSheaST2

@TSheaST2, you don't need FORScan to change the splash screen on Sync 2.
It can all be done from Sync 2 settings.
I know you can change the wallpaper, but there is no options for the splash/boot screen on startup and shutdown.

Thanks to DanMc85 from F150Forum for explaining how to change this. This program enables you to change key programming features, way too many features to list. But one of them allows you to change the radio profile to multiple options, so you could choose Lincoln, ST, GT, Raptor, etc. These options are all programmed into the radio unit but it chooses the boot splash screen based on programming information. To change it to the ST boot splash screen, you need:

1) FORScan program (free license available through their website http://www.forscan.org/)
2) Laptop or Windows tablet
3) USB or COM to OBD2 port (there's also bluetooth adapters available)

It works wonders! [grinking] The bolded "X" value above is a "1" in the FiST and needs to be changed to a "B" to emulate the FoST boot screen. This does not change the background itself. Enjoy!

Other values you can change it to:
B - ST Ford Performance
C - RS Ford Performance
D - GT Ford Performance

1 - Standard Ford logo
4 - Lincoln Presidential
5 - Raptor Ford
6 - Mustang
7 - GT350
9 - GT350

Hey guys, sorry to bring back such an old thread but i have an issue. Trying to change my splash screen with my sync 3 and i can change it to every design except ST, or RS. but every other one still pops up. i have tried every combo on 7D0-02-01 xxxx xXxx xxxx. using both numbers and the B. i'm trying to get this screen pictured ( st performance) does anyone have any idea what may be going on? i have tried changing in both the APIM tabs.