Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How-To: Using FORScan to change your Sync3 boot splash screen to "ST Ford Performance"

I'll second that the wifi ones are nice, but don't always work right. That's what I currently have that I use for checking codes on other people's cars, and it's great for running simple scan tools and resetting codes, but it doesn't seem to cooperate with more advanced software, such as Forscan. It errors out every time I try to write to the car. I gave up and ordered a OBD to USB cable to have another go at it.
Can you let me know how the OBD to USB cable works out for you? I've had the same issues you described where it errors out every attempt I try to write to the car using the BT dongle.

shauus

Hello, the bootsplash looks great! I have sync2 and would like to install the ST bootflash from Sync3 (as on the first page) is it possible and where can I get the bootsplash? Sorry for my "school english" :) I'm from germany and I love my Ford!!! Thx

Has anyone experimented with this extensively. I really enjoy the Ford GT Theme, but as of now the only way to use it is to pair the GT Splash Screen as well which is annoying. If you apply the ST Splash Screen with GT Theme, you end up with just the standard Sync 3 Color Scheme (Except it changes your buttons to when you push them they are multicolored instead of blue)

CriTTeR

Since there's still no answer to this, i assume this is impossible? Maybe there's a way to alter a setting to force the GT theme with the ST splash screens?

Since there's still no answer to this, i assume this is impossible? Maybe there's a way to alter a setting to force the GT theme with the ST splash screens?
I do not own sync 2 but I did run across someone I believe has the new screens for sync2 in a zip I'm uploading it to my drive right now be ready in a few minutes but you can also search for sync 2 mft splash screens may find something
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1slZwAwPAunomhibb96ATLzliN0gFq1sJ/view?usp=drivesdk
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Sorry had to add permissions

Last edited:

CriTTeR

I downloaded it, but didn't use it... Found something else interesting for SYNC 3 v2.2 or higher.

Following key using forscan: 7D0-01-02 *xxx xxxx xxxx : * set to 0= FORD, 8= Lincoln and C=Configurable Splash Screen

I just tested 7D0-01-02 set to C and with the splash screen set to ST (works) AND the theme set to 4 (GT) but then it gives me the black theme with the compass (US theme) and i wanted the blue theme GT, so i suspect there's another thing or number still to adjust...

Getting closer....

Strange thing= in the test menu, i got like 15 or so cars/themes, but i cannot find that black theme with the compass showing.... maybe it's a country selection thing, i don't know...

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Tried and failed. Guess I need to learn how this stuff works. Or, find a teenager who knows 10x what I do about this stuff. [rofl]

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Don't have a laptop. Can you do it with an iphone?

Don't have a laptop. Can you do it with an iphone?
Didn't try with the mobile app but I read that only the pc version let you write values on the car computer. Cannot try either as I have an android and the result won't be representative for you

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Didn't try with the mobile app but I read that only the pc version let you write values on the car computer. Cannot try either as I have an android and the result won't be representative for you

Correct only a computer will work to make changes and need a license

Has anyone tried to mod the mirrors through the OBDII to be fully downward when on reverse and go back to previous position when forward, or is even possible?

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Bought a wired ELM327 and its not working. Constantly getting the "no elm detected" on FORscan and it won't allow me to update the drivers.

This is becoming more of a issue then it needs to be.

Any ideas?

redmoe

Bought a wired ELM327 and its not working. Constantly getting the "no elm detected" on FORscan and it won't allow me to update the drivers.

This is becoming more of a issue then it needs to be.

Any ideas?
Does it have the hs-can/ms-can switch? Forscan may not recognize a unmodified unit. I have not have any issues with this one: VINT-TT55502 ELM327 USB modified For FOSCAN ELMconfig FOCCCUS HS-CAN / MS-CAN

Check your forscan settings page you may need to change it to the type of connection you have

TDavis

1000 Post Club

redmoe