Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First one to use Diablo

Hey guys, just picked up my new 16 ST the other day. After looking into some info about tunes, i was surprised that the diablo intune i had for my other car will work on the ST.

Now it seems like they just recently released the tune and there are no reviews, so i may be the first.

I want to drive the car around for a week or so before i load it, so i can tell the difference. Ill keep you guys posted on the results.

Anything i should worry about or look for with this tune?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Hey guys, just picked up my new 16 ST the other day. After looking into some info about tunes, i was surprised that the diablo intune i had for my other car will work on the ST.

Now it seems like they just recently released the tune and there are no reviews, so i may be the first.

I want to drive the car around for a week or so before i load it, so i can tell the difference. Ill keep you guys posted on the results.

Diablo claims some decent power with their pre-loaded tunes. I have these tuners on my site too. You could have saved 10% on this by using the holiday code santawhoosh

oh hi local!

lol
let us know how the tuner works out for you!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I cannot see how it could be any worse than the Cobb canned/pre-loaded 'stage' tunes, but at the same time I doubt it is even close to either the Stratified, or DHM flash tunes, let alone ANY custom tune.

I had a Diablosport Predator for my Z28, and their loaded tune was very 'conservative', on purpose.

The advantage of their Trinity hand held is that it has nice BIG displays, vs. the harder to read Cobb unit (I know you have the In Tune, which is about the same size as the Cobb). ;)

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member

Look forward to hearing results and review...

Here is our Tune Polling thread below where you might want to select Diablo as your current tuning choice..

What Tune are you using on your Fiesta ST?

OP
U
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys. I only paid $200 for the tuner when I had my Cadillac ATS. So now it's sitting waiting to be used.
Like I said,!i want to drive the car stick for a week or so to see what kind of difference it makes. But if I don't like it I can always use the tuner in my wife's 300s

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
load up the preloaded and then get yourself a real dhm tune with it
The problem is that with Diablosport, the tuner has to become a certified, and licensed, CMR dealer in order to be able to upload tunes into the Diablosport devices (just like Cobb Access Tuner Pro/etc.).

But, most of the FiST (and other platforms like it) tuners tied with Cobb will NOT want to pay the licensing fees to Diablosport, since so few will request tunes for these devices when Cobb is so much more forcefully, and singularly/brand name recognition embedded in the tuning community for these cars. [:(]

TUX15ST

The problem is that with Diablosport, the tuner has to become a certified, and licensed, CMR dealer in order to be able to upload tunes into the Diablosport devices (just like Cobb Access Tuner Pro/etc.).

But, most of the FiST (and other platforms like it) tuners tied with Cobb will NOT want to pay the licensing fees to Diablosport, since so few will request tunes for these devices when Cobb is so much more forcefully, and singularly/brand name recognition embedded in the tuning community for these cars. [:(]
Dhm is a Diablo tuner

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thanks for the input guys. I only paid $200 for the tuner when I had my Cadillac ATS. So now it's sitting waiting to be used.
Like I said,!i want to drive the car stick for a week or so to see what kind of difference it makes. But if I don't like it I can always use the tuner in my wife's 300s
I'm fairly certain you need a Ford specific Diablo device for the Fiesta - the one used from your ATS is not compatible with the FIST or your 300s

OP
U
Thread Starter #12
I'm fairly certain you need a Ford specific Diablo device for the Fiesta - the one used from your ATS is not compatible with the FIST or your 300s
I bought it from a co worker who had it on a 300c and a Nissan Titan. From what I could tell it'll work across all brands.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If the In Tune is like the Trinity, it DOES cover ALL of the cars listed on their site.

But if your platform is not yet supported by Diablosport, OR IF your specific platform's maps/programs were added by Diablosport AFTER the build date of your actual individual device, you must download the current info/maps/programs from Diablo into the device.

OP
U
Thread Starter #14
Ok. Getting a little pissed at diablo.
First required an update. Did that didn't work.
Went to diablo forum, stated problem, got files to use. Installed and still won't load.
Now it says backup file needs to be downloaded.

I called diablo and their tech support said no supports until 12/27 due to holiday. I'm getting fed up with this tuner and wish I couldnjuat go with an ap.

OP
U
Thread Starter #18
Thanks for the heads up!
I'm scooping one up tonight for $250.