Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What Floor Jack?

Looking at getting a new floor jack but it has to work double duty. I need it to have a low enough profile to get under the FiST but have the lift power and height to get my wife's Edge up too.

Currently the FiST is stock ride height but potentially could be lower in the future.

So does anyone have a jack their using that can do the FiST and an SUV?

This is the current one I'm eye balling
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L...2_3?colid=2B90GRMYJ2KU8&coliid=I3RTBFL1QFAK6A

haste

1000 Post Club
Spend the money and get a decent aluminum jack. Much lighter and your back will thank you later.

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
Spend the money and get a decent aluminum jack. Much lighter and your back will thank you later.
I'm 33 and have had 3 ACL reconstructions, 1 labrum reconstruction, 13 broken fingers, shattered hand and torn 2 ligaments in my wrist. I'm not concerned with my back as I'm sure that will be replaced with titanium too soon.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have a low profile name brand aluminum jack that stays with the A/X tools and a Harbor Freight low profile jack that I use almost every weekend on either my lowered FiST, my F-150, or the wife's MDX. I'd feel guilty about recommending something from HF except that my $400 name brand jack has a "Made in China" sticker on it, too.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have a low profile name brand aluminum jack that stays with the A/X tools and a Harbor Freight low profile jack that I use almost every weekend on either my lowered FiST, my F-150, or the wife's MDX. I'd feel guilty about recommending something from HF except that my $400 name brand jack has a "Made in China" sticker on it, too.
Yes, until one gets into the ridiculously priced, $850.00+ range 'NASCAR pit crew jacks' (Brunnhoelzls, etc.), they are ALL now made in Sinoland. [:(]
(At least the non-steel alloy ones are, there are some Swedish made, low profile STEEL jacks in the $450.00 range.)

MPA

I have the same harbor freight jack that OffTheWall503 posted, it works great.

OP
D
Thread Starter #9
Costco and HF look like good options. Thanks for the input!

I've been using the same harbor freight lowpro jack for almost 10 years with no issues.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I use this Harbor Freight jack with no issues. Was also able to get it for $59.95 with one of their mail sent catalog coupons.

http://www.harborfreight.com/15-ton-compact-aluminum-racing-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-60569.html
I usually am a HF hater
but this jack is really great and hasn't let me down yet
I have 2 and they are worth every penny especially when you are working with lowered vehicles

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-low-profilelong-reach-steel-heavy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-68050.html

I usually am a HF hater
I have 2 and they are worth every penny especially when you are working with lowered vehicles

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-low-profilelong-reach-steel-heavy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-68050.html
Ditto on the HF jack. I used this for both of my Subaru's after I lowered them. Mine has also seen use on a lowered BMW, Mustang etc... For the price I cant complain, it works great.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ditto on the HF jack. I used this for both of my Subaru's after I lowered them. Mine has also seen use on a lowered BMW, Mustang etc... For the price I cant complain, it works great.
My brother uses that 1.5 ton HF jack as well on his '00 Z28, AND his '06 C6, BOTH of which are heavier than our cars.

Has NOT let him down yet! [thumb]

Harbor freight, they have low profile aluminum and steel jacks. both come with a 2 year warranty. Ive had the aluminum 1.5 ton jack for about 6-7 years now and I have used it a lot. So far its pretty cost effective, think I paid $100 for it.

I usually am a HF hater

I've got the same jack. It's good, but it's a beast. If I had it to do over again, I would probably go aluminum, if I could find one with the same low profile, long reach and high lift.