Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Gauging interest: 3rd brake light flasher module group buy

Trader history for OffTheWall503 (0)

I'm not keen on cutting wires, but I do like the idea. If the price is reasonable enough.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
So I went to the hardware supply store today and came up with a solution that is a little more expensive, but will ensure the module is removable when you choose to do so. However, it does still involve cutting one wire but would come with bullet connectors to easily reverse the installation back to stock if you ever chose to do so.

It's very similar to what I sold previously, with the exception of one connector being different, now the ground wire will use a quick splice connector with a male bullet connector.

One module kit will consist of the following:

I will post final pictures once I have another module to wire everything up with. Connectors will have heat shrink on them to keep them insulated on the module side.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Put me in for 2, please.

Edit:// When would payment be due? Just out of curiosity. Trying to gauge how much fun money I have left after the Christmas shopping.
It will most likely be after the new year. Turn around time would probably be 1-2 weeks, as I don't know if I have enough overhead to keep these laying around, hence I'd prefer the group buy format.

And as mentioned before, the more units I have reserved the lower the price will go.

These flasher things annoy me.
I'm sure it does annoy people, hence why it works and grabs your attention. [like]

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
Put me in for 2, please.

Edit:// When would payment be due? Just out of curiosity. Trying to gauge how much fun money I have left after the Christmas shopping.
It will most likely be after the new year. Turn around time would probably be 1-2 weeks, as I don't know if I have enough overhead to keep these laying around, hence I'd prefer the group buy format.

And as mentioned before, the more units I have reserved the lower the price will go.

These flasher things annoy me.
I'm sure it does annoy people, hence why it works and grabs your attention. [like]

grnmachine02

And as mentioned before, the more units I have reserved the lower the price ]
That's what I figured. I'm in for 2. Thanks!

I'm electrical savy, can I get in on this except I just want the flasher unit. I prefer soldering to connectors.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
I'm electrical savy, can I get in on this except I just want the flasher unit. I prefer soldering to connectors.
I can put you down for one regular flasher module and just leave the connectors in there just in case you want to use them, how does that sound?

I'm pretty confident that everyone will be happy with how clean the bullet connectors will be.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
Yep, 100% universal. The wiring color codes may be different so I can't say how to wire it up on other cars.

is 3d scanning/printing the existing clip a huge hurdle? I dont have any experience but it seems like a good use of the tech if we cant buy oem connectors.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
The only problem is that by definition, you have to cut the power wire to break the circuit, hence why the connector end goes to the constant power and the vehicle end goes to 12V. I'm not sure how you could replicate this using OE style connectors.

are you able to get the oe style connectors?

basically you can wire up the adapter and splice it from there as if its a regular install of cutting the oe harness... but instead it will be the wires of the adapter. the adapter can be designed as an extension plug.

i messaged a few guys parting out what seems like totalled fist but no kne replied yet.

Manta, the problem I run into there is even if we find 3rd brake light connectors, we'll still need the opposite connector to go into the factory harness. You'll need both a male and female connector.

Oh and I work for O'Reilly auto, those 3rd brake light connectors are Motorcraft only. They only come from a dealer or Motorcraft directly.