Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Gauging interest: 3rd brake light flasher module group buy

Trader history for OffTheWall503 (0)

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #102
If you have received your flasher please feel free to leave me positive transaction feedback!

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #105
matt, nothing yet!
I forgot to message you with tracking, not using PayPal made it harder to inform you of tracking. I sent you a message with tracking info.

Is there a specific feedback section, or just put it in the general for sale?
Use this thread if it will let you, if not general for sale works I guess.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #106
matt, nothing yet!
I forgot to message you with tracking, not using PayPal made it harder to inform you of tracking. I sent you a message with tracking info.

Is there a specific feedback section, or just put it in the general for sale?
Use this thread if it will let you, if not general for sale works I guess.

Got mine today. Looks good. Unfortunately when I unscrewed the light there was very little slack. No way I could clip the power wire higher up without taking the spoiler off I think. It's gonna sit in a drawer or if someone local wants to buy it off me it's up for grabs.

grnmachine02

Got mine today. Looks good. Unfortunately when I unscrewed the light there was very little slack. No way I could clip the power wire higher up without taking the spoiler off I think. It's gonna sit in a drawer or if someone local wants to buy it off me it's up for grabs.
Mine was the same way. I extended the wiring to make my life a little easier. Gonna try and tackle the wife's car tomorrow.

Hmm maybe if I get some electrical work done on that car I can ask if they can do the extension. I'm not willing to get tools and whatever is involved for a one off

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #111
It's been awhile since I did mine, I remember mine having a decent amount of slack. But, I am used to working in small areas so maybe I'm just kidding myself. I apologize in advance for anyone who is having issues installing it. If anyone is local I can install it for you in 5 minutes. Wish I could help those that aren't near me.

Mine was the same way. I extended the wiring to make my life a little easier. Gonna try and tackle the wife's car tomorrow.
Same for mine, except i took spoiler off for wing risers. Once risers are on you dont need to remove spoiler to get the pig tail completely off. It'll be so easy when im doing the flasher tomorrow. I just wish i was wiring diagram instead of text document. Even with that being said its gonna be a super easy and safe mod. im excited. Thanks Matt!

Oh i forgot to mention, im going to my work (autoparts store) to buy some foam to wrap around the flasher so it doesnt make any noise inside the spoiler, would recommend to others to do also. Unless Matt thinks it'll get hot. I dont think it will as the LEDs dont pull much current.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #113
I doubt you need to wrap it, I've never heard mine rattle or move around. It wouldn't hurt, though.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #114
There's also a picture in the OP if you're curious about wiring. I'll also try to make a diagram soon.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #116
I have had multiple requests for a wiring diagram, as I've found the text instructions can be a little confusing without some references. I hope this helps those who are having issues installing this.

grnmachine02 - I messaged you about your issues

I just wired mine up and get nothing. When I remove the module and plug the male to female splice back together, my light works. How can I verify all your connections are good?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

0117171942.jpg
Found the problem. Red bullet connector is not touching wire. Continuity test fails when stripping a tiny bit of insulation back. Now to see if I have one laying around.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #120
I can mail you new connectors if need be.

If anyone else is having issues let me know, if you don't mind mailing yours back I can also strip the ends again and put new connectors on.