Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Gauging interest: 3rd brake light flasher module group buy

Trader history for OffTheWall503 (0)

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Approval has been granted by [MENTION=2]MKVIIST[/MENTION] to proceed with this group buy.

I would like to start a group buy depending on interest. I have been in the process of making a huge batch of third brake light flasher modules and know the people that have purchased one so far have been incredibly happy.

Why do I need this?
- Grabs drivers attention, responding faster to quick braking
- Reduces chances of other drivers tailgating, lowering your chances of being in a rear-end collision
- California DOT recently required all new vehicles to have a flashing 3rd brake light

How does it work?
There is a microprocessor module with 3 wires, power, constant power and a ground. The module detects when you brake and causes the brake light to flash 3 times before going solid. After 10 seconds it will blink again.

How do I install it?
All you have to do it use a T20 torx bit to remove the 3rd brake light from the spoiler, pull out the wiring, cut the power wire (blue/white) a few inches away from the light connector, splice in the black power wire to the vehicle end of the power wire, splice in the yellow power wire to the connector end. Use the bullet quick splice to add the connector to the black/purple ground wire, squeeze closed and plug in the black wire from the flasher into the bullet connnector of the quick splice connector.

How does the flashing sequence work?
For those wondering how the flash sequence works, check out my video below

Upon initial braking it will flash and then go solid. If you press the brake within 10 seconds after the initial braking it will stay solid. The solid timer resets if you don't press the brake pedal after 10 seconds following that.

So the video shows the initial braking, followed by a following press before 10 seconds and then another initial braking after a 10 second wait time.

The price per module would go as follows, normally sold for $60 each
10+ flashers: $45 each
20+ flashers: $40 each
30+ flashers: $35 each

For now this is just an interest thread so nothing will be available for purchase until I have moderator approval or have followed the steps to become a vendor.

[video=youtube;IZ9UdnDnZGY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ9UdnDnZGY[/video]

Members interested so far:
1) [MENTION=4516]Ceecab705[/MENTION] (1) PAYMENT RECEIVED (notes: requests to have no connectors)
2) [MENTION=5679]AL=x[/MENTION] (1) (notes: requests to have no connectors) PAYMENT RECEIVED
3) [MENTION=1447]Chris G[/MENTION] (1) PAYMENT RECEIVED
4) [MENTION=3507]bodytech[/MENTION] (1) PAYMENT RECEIVED
5) [MENTION=4324]flat_lander[/MENTION] (1) PAYMENT RECEIVED
6) [MENTION=600]bobjob[/MENTION] (1) PAYMENT RECEIVED
7) [MENTION=5371]grnmachine02[/MENTION] (2) PAYMENT RECEIVED
8) [MENTION=5286]Sticky[/MENTION] (1) PAYMENT RECEIVED
9) [MENTION=3162]lynx1993[/MENTION] (1) PAYMENT RECEIVED
10) [MENTION=5059]RED RYDER[/MENTION] (1) SENDING MONEY ORDER
11) [MENTION=2016]Fitty[/MENTION] (1) PAYMENT RECEIVED
12) [MENTION=5484]Nexus[/MENTION] (1) PAYMENT RECEIVED
13) [MENTION=5406]TheTinMan[/MENTION] (1) PAYMENT RECEIVED
14) [MENTION=5507]GreenEnvyDave[/MENTION] (1) PAYMENT RECEIVED

Total flashers reserved: 15 ($45 per module)

FIRST ROUND OF GROUP BUY FINISHED! SECOND ROUND OF GROUP BUY BELOW

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/12182-GROUP-BUY-2-3rd-brake-light-flasher-modules

got my interest, plan on doing this mod next year after x-mas when the wallet isn't so thin

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Remind me why the $60 one is better than the $20 one, please?

Sent from my Spaceship
I honestly don't know, as I haven't tested the cheaper ones. I get these units from Pulse, who my work has an account with. The flasher has a lifetime warranty and they back their product.

I didn't want to be that guy... lol

I respect the hustle, but these can be had for 20-35$
It's an honest question, lol, I know there were several threads with various options, but I didn't see any real differences between them. Thought maybe OP knew something we didn't.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
If I can get the volume there I'll drop the price to the $35 range. I will also be offering a lifetime warranty on the flasher modules.

Lowered the prices down in the OP.

I dont understand how they'd work if you didnt have to cut at least one wire. You'd have to cut one wire to interrupt the signal, correct?

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
I dont understand how they'd work if you didnt have to cut at least one wire. You'd have to cut one wire to interrupt the signal, correct?
That is what I'm trying to figure out because constant has to go to the connector and red power wire goes to the wiring that led to the connector. The ground can be quick spliced no problem.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Technically this is reversible because it does have pin connectors, so you can remove it at a later date and put pin connectors back on the factory wiring once the flasher is removed. Not "no cut" but it's easy to revert back to stock in a clean fashion.

That is what I'm trying to figure out because constant has to go to the connector and red power wire goes to the wiring that led to the connector. The ground can be quick spliced no problem.

It can be done plug and play but requires the oem plug male and female. It would be cost prohibitive for such a simple mod.

If some folks aren't comfortable working on a simple two wire circuit then I recommend you take your extra cash and pay someone experienced to do it for you.

Anyone got a part number for that connector? Ill check at work tomorrow and see if I can find aftermarket oe connectors. If my discount can get them cheap enough I may be able to help with a plug and play version.

It can be done plug and play but requires the oem plug male and female. It would be cost prohibitive for such a simple mod.

If some folks aren't comfortable working on a simple two wire circuit then I recommend you take your extra cash and pay someone experienced to do it for you.
Yeah I feel bad for those people too. I just dont want to cut anything in my car, very different from those who can't cut 2 wires.