Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GFB DV+ or Turbosmart 50\50 BOV

Hi!
I'm planing a Turbo Upgrade (possibly X-47) but wondering to know what should be the best option between DFB DV+ & Turbosmart 50/50 BOV.

Trying to figure it out...

THANKS

Have you considered the Boomba Full Recirculation valve? Same stealthy noise level as the OEM DV/ GFB DV+ but no plastic pieces. I've also heard mixed reviews about the turbosmart plumb back, people saying they have trouble dialing out the flutter during throttle.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Have you considered the Boomba Full Recirculation valve? Same stealthy noise level as the OEM DV/ GFB DV+ but no plastic pieces. I've also heard mixed reviews about the turbosmart plumb back, people saying they have trouble dialing out the flutter during throttle.
I was planning on getting the Boomba product, but it just seemed overly complicated to install, required cutting of factory hoses (like most of their stuff does, sadly), is much more noticeable to the dealers (without even looking too hard), and cost almost twice as much as the GFB piece.

Whether or not it is more effective than the GFB, who knows? [dunno]
But I figured for the low(er) boost, tiny factory snail, the GFB would be more than enough. ;)

Hi!
I'm planing a Turbo Upgrade (possibly X-47) but wondering to know what should be the best option between DFB DV+ & Turbosmart 50/50 BOV.

Trying to figure it out...

THANKS
I think you have to figure out what the objective is. Are you looking for an increase in the BOV sound? Or are you looking for the best performance for your buck? Or both?

Yea the GFB works just fine even in higher boost applications as there are plenty of members running high 20's on their x37's with the GFB DV. I have no idea about the long term reliability of it though. People say its plastic so it should be replaced, but that could be just talk to help sell aftermarket replacements. My guess is that [MENTION=4233]44sg44[/MENTION] doesn't particularly care about stock look if hes swapping out the turbo. However if price is an issue, the GFB DV is likely your best bet.

OP
44sg44
Thread Starter #7
Thanks guys for your help!! [MENTION=5821]GrandeFiesta[/MENTION] : I'm looking for the best performance for the buck! Going to install the X-47 hybrid turbo & I want to obtain the best results out of it...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
People say its plastic so it should be replaced, but that could be just talk to help sell aftermarket replacements.
The WHOLE factory BPV is plastic, but the GFB part(s) that replace(s) half of the factory unit are aluminum alloy and a brass piston.

Will the plastic top solenoid factory piece eventually fall apart and crumble from the heat/cold cycles, etc.?

Probably, but at that point I will either have at least a hybrid with a stand alone BOV, or go to the Boomba full recirculating setup.

Has anyone actually had a stock unit fail? Just out of curiosity.
I think you would have to define 'fail'. I haven't heard of anyone having it straight up fall apart, but many people have said that swapping to a solid aftermarket unit makes a world of difference in holding boost and crisper shifts.

grnmachine02

I think you would have to define 'fail'. I haven't heard of anyone having it straight up fall apart, but many people have said that swapping to a solid aftermarket unit makes a world of difference in holding boost and crisper shifts.
I meant as in leak. Just curious. A plastic valve holding pressure isn't ideal, and I'll upgrade mine when I pull the trigger on an x47.

OP
44sg44
Thread Starter #13
I meant as in leak. Just curious. A plastic valve holding pressure isn't ideal, and I'll upgrade mine when I pull the trigger on an x47.
I finally went with the GFB DV+ Diverter Valve & I will let you know if I made the good choice! [rockon]