Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Baby stig on the way - Stroller recommendations

Baby on the way in April and looking for some stroller recommendations. lots of baby seat threads on the site so I thought no harm in asking.

I'm Looking for a stroller that fits without folding any rear seats. Can anybody point me towards any brand/type that fit in our hot hatches.

Appreciate any input - nervous father

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats!

We have a Maclaren Triumph that we could fit at an angle in the back without having to fold down the seat. However it's designed for toddlers and not infants. Most infant strollers are fairly bulky.

congrats man. I would suggest finding a car seat that you like, and potentially it's paired stroller. We have a GRACO Click Connect 30.
http://www.gracobaby.com/products/pages/snugride-click-connect-30-infant-car-seat-finch.aspx
http://www.gracobaby.com/products/pages/literider-click-connect-stroller-finch.aspx

I like the stroller, it fits in the back of the trunk. It's lightweight, i've walked my 2 year old and now my son A LOT with it (treads are grinding down to nothingness). We now have a two seater stroller that is heavy as poo and too damn big (use that for big trips out of town in SUV). I'm a big fan of the single stroller lol.

I have two kids now, 3 months old and 2 years old. One is in the graco seat, the other is in the next size up seat. All 4 of us (+wife) surprisingly fit in the car when needed, and I'm 6 feet tall, wife is 5'7.

If you mean fits without folding rear seats into your FiST then you are going to be extremely limited as most strollers even when "folded up" are way to big to fit in the FiST... The little folding ones (cheapo ones that are like 20$) is about the only i've seen that fit in the FiST trunk. All 3 of my strollers (double and single) that fold won't even come close to fitting unless they are in the front seat (even then pretty cramped). I pretty much take the minivan anywhere i'm taking the kids around and if I'm in the FiST I take a carrier (sort of like a front back pack that my youngest(1yr old) can sit in) and then my older (3yr old) walks.

OP
cbizz
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the links, nice to know it's possible. the fiST isn't the primary baby car but I don't want to limit ourselves to 1 vehicle.

I had two strollers. The first was a Jeep stroller that we used most of the time. It was great for the trail, theme parks, walking the neighborhood, etc. It had straps that allowed it to hold an infant carrier, and a two-part basket underneath that made it great for hauling a day's worth of crap. With inflatable tires, it would go anywhere...except in the FiST. Way too big.

The second was a stroller that matched the infant carrier that we had, you could click the baby into a base in the car then right into the stroller. It was smaller, but still big for the FiST. I just had one seat folded down or took a larger car.

One thing, get a carrier with the triangle handle. You will thank me.

This is what I have at the moment, goes great if you have the Recaro interior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My little dude has only ever rode in Recaros. We bought the matching stroller for the infant seat, but the it will not fit Fiesta hatch. I didnt have the Fiesta back then, but it barely fit in a Dodge Caliber. the actual seat would only fit if the passenger seat was all the way up in the caliber. My wife has an Edge Sport so our 14 month old has never been in the FiST. Only my 12 year old has rode in the FiST since it is her car in 4 years.

With Infant seat having to be rear facing and reclined, most of them are going to require the front seat be moved up unless your rolling SUV.

Infant strollers are big since the infant seat has to snap into it. The infants cant really sit up on their own in a stroller for months.

In all honesty, youre probably limited to one car. My old Caliber was substantially more roomy than the FiST, but once the infant seat goes in, it's all over.

*** all that said, I have the Infant Recaro seat, stroller and two bases for sale

Infant stroller https://www.amazon.com/RECARO-Perfo...2418759&sr=8-4&keywords=recaro+coupe+car+seat

Infant Seat (ours is red) https://www.amazon.com/RECARO-Perfo...59&sr=8-2&keywords=recaro+coupe+car+seat&th=1

Then two of these guys https://www.amazon.com/RECARO-Perfo...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QM036B9P1F5ZD0Z9KZD7

Attachments